Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Career Planning and Development

Are you looking to get promoted?
Maybe a change in your federal career?
Need tips on resume writing to land a federal job?
Or how to increase your salary or get a pay raise?

Join this active discussion with others climbing the same challenging career ladder.

Consider ordering some helpful resources or read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues by visiting FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gregor9416  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 9:30:48 AM(UTC)
gregor9416

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I was recently referred for a position and the same day I was referred a new job opened that's exactly the same. The only difference is the hr representative is different and the hiring categories changed (first job was open to feds, ctap, veterans, etc. new job is only open to ctap and veterans.)

I'm curious if anybody has seen this before?

I'm assuming the first posting is cancelled, even though USAJobs still has me as referred, not cancelled.

I've never had this happen before, so I'm just curious if you have ideas on why? Were there not enough qualified candidates, or is this just something that happens sometimes?

Thanks!
gregor9416  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 10:09:21 AM(UTC)
gregor9416

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm chalking this up to HR mistake. I just got invited for an interview so obviously the first announcement wasn't cancelled. It's an internal communication roll, very doubtful they would need two of those at the same grade.
Rikaku  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2019 6:46:59 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 21 post(s)
It could be a myriad of different reasons but it's unlikely it was a mistake. They could have gotten a short list from the first announcement and wanted to see what they would get by casting a wider net, or they actually might have the need for two of these positions. I wouldn't worry about it at all and just proceed with the interview. You may even be able to ask them about it during the interview if you are curious.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed