Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

18 Pages«<89101112>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cvd1996  
#181 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 2:21:51 PM(UTC)
cvd1996

Groups: Registered

Did anyone hear from San Juan Field Office?
Jqauci  
#182 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2019 1:13:57 PM(UTC)
Jqauci

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Has anyone that has gotten a CJO received their paperwork for the background check yet?
thelocalgiraffe  
#183 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2019 6:03:46 PM(UTC)
thelocalgiraffe

United States

for anybody whose gotten a CJO, do we have to go to our assigned field offices for background checks or can we go to an external party? I haven't gotten a cjo yet but I like plan ahead
Meow1234  
#184 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2019 7:34:36 PM(UTC)
Meow1234

United States

Has anyone heard from any Midwest field offices? Or Hawaii?
Foolskil  
#185 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 5:50:09 PM(UTC)
Foolskil

For those who have not received an interview yet, has your status thing turned blank?
Meow1234  
#186 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 6:54:55 PM(UTC)
Meow1234

United States

Yes, mine turned blank early last week
Krg  
#187 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 5:39:45 AM(UTC)
Krg

Originally Posted by: Foolskil Go to Quoted Post
For those who have not received an interview yet, has your status thing turned blank?

For what it's worth, my "application under review" tab went blank after my interview. I also read on past year forums that the blank wasnt an indicator of status updates.

My guess from the timeline of things, most interviews were conducted during the first half of October. It wouldnt hurt at this point to call your choice Feild Offices and check the status.
Krg  
#188 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 11:19:15 AM(UTC)
Krg

Any CJO updates? For those of us still anxiously waiting...
FBIDrugDog  
#189 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:46:10 PM(UTC)
FBIDrugDog

United Arab Emirates

I don't think anyone from the west coast has heard back yet even about an interview
ff6382  
#190 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 1:40:05 PM(UTC)
ff6382

So I just got a call from my local FBI office that they were transferring my investigation to the city I live in, does anyone know if this will delay the eQip coming and I will have to wait another two weeks?
em.arwen  
#191 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 2:22:08 PM(UTC)
em.arwen

United States

Originally Posted by: FBIDrugDog Go to Quoted Post
I don't think anyone from the west coast has heard back yet even about an interview

People from the West Coast definitely have (LA conducted interviews over 3 weeks ago) but perhaps not every single field office.
Foolskil  
#192 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:37:08 PM(UTC)
Foolskil

Who would I contact to check the application status at the field office?
Also has anyone interviewed at Tampa yet?
dumbblonde13  
#193 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 11:33:33 PM(UTC)
dumbblonde13

United States

My first choice was LA and my second choice SD, but clearly know nothing happened with those since interviews have been conducted and I was never contacted. My applicaiton online shows as "Under Review" for Washington, which makes sense since Seattle was my 3rd choice. I haven't seen anyone mention anything about Seattle in this forum so far, but I truly don't have faith anymore that they would be conducting interviews this late in the game.
thanks 1 user thanked dumbblonde13 for this useful post.
ct1234 on 10/24/2019(UTC)
Kaitlyn  
#194 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 1:24:23 AM(UTC)
Kaitlyn

United States

For those that have received a CJO, have any of you received the email with the information to get started on the background investigation? Would it be inappropriate to email the person we interviewed with to ask? They probably don't have the information anyway.
granite99  
#195 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 9:09:41 AM(UTC)
granite99

United States

I have received and interview but not a CJO, who should we contact about the CJO'S
Lillian  
#196 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 10:09:45 AM(UTC)
Lillian

United States

Originally Posted by: granite99 Go to Quoted Post
I have received and interview but not a CJO, who should we contact about the CJO'S

I have received an interview but I am still waiting on a CJO. If this helps, the people who interviewed me told me I would hear back by the end of this month with a decision. I was given a point of contact and the employees who interviewed me told me to go straight to my POC if I had any questions throughout the process.
LS96  
#197 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 9:37:06 AM(UTC)
LS96

United States

From what I can tell no one who received a CJO has gotten information about filling out the SF-86 form. To me that seems promising because it seems like they are releasing that information to everyone who has received and accepted their CJO at the same time. It should follow then that they are waiting to send the information because either they're not done with the process yet or people haven't responded ( though the latter is less likely because I would think they have a notice saying respond within 10 days or one week of receipt of this email to continue on with the process). SO maybe there is still hope for the rest of us.

On the other hand, some people were told that they would get a response at the end of the month but got it almost immediately. So maybe they've given out all the yeses and the end of the month is reserved for all the nos. At least that's how college applications worked.

I also contacted both of my points of contact and neither knew by when they'd finish offering CJOs. That's saying something, since one of the places was HQ's HR department.

Any opinions on what is more likely? THey're not done yet or they're just waiting to the end of the month to say no?

Also, does anyone know where to find the specific information about cut off dates? For example I think one of the cut offs was that we had to submit the SF 86 before December 1 or December 10. Does anyone remember where that information was released? Or does anyone remember the specific cut offs for the application process, specifically for when to respond about CJOs or when to submit the SF 86? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
kman76867  
#198 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 9:44:32 AM(UTC)
kman76867

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
From what I said earlier in he forum, I was told from Human Resources at HQ that they were sending out CJOs between October 10th-18th. If you didn’t receive one in that time then you should get a rejection email at the end of October. I don’t know if that’s still relevant but that’s all the information I have.
dillinger  
#199 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 9:57:49 AM(UTC)
dillinger

Originally Posted by: LS96 Go to Quoted Post
From what I can tell no one who received a CJO has gotten information about filling out the SF-86 form. To me that seems promising because it seems like they are releasing that information to everyone who has received and accepted their CJO at the same time. It should follow then that they are waiting to send the information because either they're not done with the process yet or people haven't responded ( though the latter is less likely because I would think they have a notice saying respond within 10 days or one week of receipt of this email to continue on with the process). SO maybe there is still hope for the rest of us.

On the other hand, some people were told that they would get a response at the end of the month but got it almost immediately. So maybe they've given out all the yeses and the end of the month is reserved for all the nos. At least that's how college applications worked.

I also contacted both of my points of contact and neither knew by when they'd finish offering CJOs. That's saying something, since one of the places was HQ's HR department.

Any opinions on what is more likely? THey're not done yet or they're just waiting to the end of the month to say no?

Also, does anyone know where to find the specific information about cut off dates? For example I think one of the cut offs was that we had to submit the SF 86 before December 1 or December 10. Does anyone remember where that information was released? Or does anyone remember the specific cut offs for the application process, specifically for when to respond about CJOs or when to submit the SF 86? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

I believe only HQ has sent out their CJOs. That being said, I believe everybody who has interviewed with a FO has yet to hear back from them.
Tcarr  
#200 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 11:18:47 AM(UTC)
Tcarr

I interviewed on October 1st. They told me “the next couple of weeks” Still hoping that I could get a CJO. I know there are tons of different timelines being thrown around, Has anyone heard anything from any other New York offices?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed