Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JaimitoelCartero  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 8:56:05 PM(UTC)
JaimitoelCartero

Groups: Registered
United States

Few questions for anyone in that area, please help!

How many stations?

Still have amazon??

What kind of routes( need to know if u guys have walking routes, absolutely hate them))

Any overtime??

Planning on putting in a mutual transfer..

Thank you for the help!
roger.d  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 7:12:57 AM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 777 time(s) in 606 post(s)
30 seconds on Google gave me this.

http://www.mailmanstuff.com/nalc-directory/
Learn to discipline yourself, so someone else doesn't have to
Smearski  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 5:08:51 PM(UTC)
Smearski

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I’d hate to have to deliver mail in hot ass Arizona.
colty31  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 7:15:51 PM(UTC)
colty31

United States

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 76 post(s)
walking is better than driving all day and putting constant torque on your back
MPE2009  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 4:23:32 AM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 500 time(s) in 387 post(s)
Originally Posted by: colty31 Go to Quoted Post

Until your bag gets hung up on a door knob or stair railing.... then you do better than torque your back, you end up with possible traumatic damage all in one shot. It's worse if you work for one of those idiot PM's that follows the asinine safety logic that the bag protects you from dogs.... Paying attention to your surroundings is what protects you from dogs, not some bag. Not to mention, have you ever watched carriers walking into work in a station with walking routes, they're all slumped over to the side they carry the bag on and most have some type of permanent limp.... So I'm not so convinced walking is better than curbside. They both have their drawbacks and both contribute to major damage to the body over the long run.
Seadogg  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 9:26:25 AM(UTC)
Seadogg

Was thanked: 564 time(s) in 377 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MPE2009 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: colty31 Go to Quoted Post

Until your bag gets hung up on a door knob or stair railing.... then you do better than torque your back, you end up with possible traumatic damage all in one shot. It's worse if you work for one of those idiot PM's that follows the asinine safety logic that the bag protects you from dogs.... Paying attention to your surroundings is what protects you from dogs, not some bag. Not to mention, have you ever watched carriers walking into work in a station with walking routes, they're all slumped over to the side they carry the bag on and most have some type of permanent limp.... So I'm not so convinced walking is better than curbside. They both have their drawbacks and both contribute to major damage to the body over the long run.

I really can't imagine many situations where walking all day isn't better for your body then driving. Maybe if you're forced to carry heavy loads all the time. My bag has gotten hung up hundreds of times and while it's annoying, I've never even been close to getting hurt - maybe I'm not moving fast enough for that lol.

People are killing themselves with sedentary lifestyles these days, so I'm glad I have an active job. I know there are some "manly men" posters here who say walking routes give them no exercise but they are full of it.
122intheshade  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 10:36:08 AM(UTC)
122intheshade

Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Was thanked: 565 time(s) in 454 post(s)
As someone who lives in Phoenix, let me give you the following observations, which are pretty much true for the entire Phoenix metro.

1) Yes, it's HOT right now. Keeps the riff-raff out. From October through May the weather is just as nice as San Diego at half the price.

2) Mesa is like any other city in the Phoenix metro. Slow growth until the end of WW2, then the boom started in the 1950s. And then took off like a rocket in the 1980s and beyond. When I moved here in 1992, Phoenix was just until 1 million residents. It's well over 1.5 million today. Maricopa County is on the way to 5 million. If that sounds like a lot, look at it this way. Maricopa County is bigger than several states. It is slightly larger than New Jersey, with HALF the population. Lots of room here. Doesn't FEEL crowded.

3) Mesa, again, is like most Valley cities in that much if not most of the growth has come since the 1980s, and almost every home built after the 1970s gets the mail in a CBU. My entire route consists of homes built in the 2000s. All boxes, except for some free-standing businesses. Strip malls and larger have CBU.

4) Mesa is a hu-u-ge city. 11 exits on the Superstition Freeway. Over 500,000 people, which makes it the 35th largest city in the US. Bigger than Minneapolis or St. Louis. As a bonus, we also don't get the snow, ice, tornadoes and mosquitoes those towns have.
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
roger.d  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 10:55:15 AM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 777 time(s) in 606 post(s)
It's a dry heat.

;)
Learn to discipline yourself, so someone else doesn't have to
122intheshade  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 11:05:46 AM(UTC)
122intheshade

Pitcairn

One of my favorite T-shirts is your typical picture of a cactus, with the words: Welcome to the Desert. Don't Die.

Like I said, it keeps the riff-raff out.
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
postalvet  
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 12:27:06 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2902 time(s) in 2294 post(s)
and every few years you need a new paint job because it was sanded off in the haboob.
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
122intheshade  
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 1:57:27 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Pitcairn

If there was ONE useful (and that's debatable) thing to come out of the various desert wars the US has engaged in since the early 90s, it's that the local broadcasters LO-O-O-O-VE to say "Haboob". Makes them sound like Peter Griffin.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed