Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Aggie57  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 1:11:13 PM(UTC)
Aggie57

Groups: Registered
United States

Curious if anyone has any advice or input. I recently had a baby so I had to put my pft in hold. I want to continue but now I’m concerned about the time away at the academy and then the demand of the first few years. Has anyone else been in this situation? We have discussed having my husband move to dc while at the academy so that they can be close and I can see the baby as much as possible.

ratedarrrrrr  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 6:41:51 PM(UTC)
ratedarrrrrr

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aggie57 Go to Quoted Post
Curious if anyone has any advice or input. I recently had a baby so I had to put my pft in hold. I want to continue but now I’m concerned about the time away at the academy and then the demand of the first few years. Has anyone else been in this situation? We have discussed having my husband move to dc while at the academy so that they can be close and I can see the baby as much as possible.

Moving your family there is highly advised against. You'll only have weekends free, and even then sometimes you'll have training on the weekend or need to study for tests. The academy needs to be your focus while you're there.

If you're not close to the age cut-off you may want to wait a little while before moving forward with this. If you are near it then what you can do is schedule set weekends for your family to stay nearby (tons of hotels). I saw many do that while I was there. It's rough not seeing them all the time, but this career has sacrifices like this.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed