Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MitRod0108  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:19:48 PM(UTC)
MitRod0108

Groups: Registered
Woman

I have a route that have 3hrs worth of business one of the business, a supermarket receive packages that sometimes doesn’t fit in the parcel locker so I take them inside the store. But last time I was there one of the employee told me that I have to go all the way back to receiving to leave the package; that nobody at the front was going to accept it and I told her that I m not going to the receiving area. I left with the package and put a 3849 at the mailbox for them to pick up at the office. Guess what they signed the 3849 and want me to redeliver.
MPE2009  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:23:30 PM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 500 time(s) in 387 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CarChris12 Go to Quoted Post
I have a route that have 3hrs worth of business one of the business, a supermarket receive packages that sometimes doesn’t fit in the parcel locker so I take them inside the store. But last time I was there one of the employee told me that I have to go all the way back to receiving to leave the package; that nobody at the front was going to accept it and I told her that I m not going to the receiving area. I left with the package and put a 3849 at the mailbox for them to pick up at the office. Guess what they signed the 3849 and want me to redeliver.

Seek guidance from your manager. Seems like a stupid fight to pick however. You can also simply insist that they page a manager to the front to accept delivery. I know at least one Walmart that would do that without any problem.
thanks 1 user thanked MPE2009 for this useful post.
MitRod0108 on 7/18/2019(UTC)
donaldworrell  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:42:35 PM(UTC)
donaldworrell

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Do not walk through the store. You need to talk to your supervisor about driving around back of this business.
thanks 1 user thanked donaldworrell for this useful post.
MitRod0108 on 7/18/2019(UTC)
Seadogg  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:33:42 PM(UTC)
Seadogg

Was thanked: 564 time(s) in 377 post(s)
Why don't you want to deliver where the customer wants?
Yukoncarrier24  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:15:33 PM(UTC)
Yukoncarrier24

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Seadog- Pretty obvious, they don't want to walk to back of the store
MitRod0108  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 2:35:13 AM(UTC)
MitRod0108

Woman

Originally Posted by: Seadogg Go to Quoted Post

you're been sarcastic right???
roger.d  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 3:59:08 AM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 776 time(s) in 605 post(s)
Originally Posted by: donaldworrell Go to Quoted Post
Do not walk through the store. You need to talk to your supervisor about driving around back of this business.

Why do I need to talk to my supervisor? I just drive around back and deliver it.

Learn to discipline yourself, so someone else doesn't have to
Trizzlix  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 2:28:29 PM(UTC)
Trizzlix

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 17 post(s)
We get paid by the hour, just deliver it where the customer asks you to. Don't be lazy.
MitRod0108  
#9 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 6:25:40 PM(UTC)
MitRod0108

Woman

Originally Posted by: Trizzlix Go to Quoted Post
We get paid by the hour, just deliver it where the customer asks you to. Don't be lazy.

So if I have a customer that have a mailbox and he wants me to deliver to inside the house I should do it just because he said so? Yes we get paid by the hour but we also have to be back by certain time and if I go through the back door that means I have to wait for somebody to answer the door or I just leave the package and keep moving?
postalvet  
#10 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 6:37:08 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2901 time(s) in 2293 post(s)

So if I have a customer that have a mailbox and he wants me to deliver to inside the house I should do it just because he said so? Yes we get paid by the hour but we also have to be back by certain time and if I go through the back door that means I have to wait for somebody to answer the door or I just leave the package and keep moving?

ask management and do what they say. it's managements show.
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
thanks 1 user thanked postalvet for this useful post.
MPE2009 on 7/20/2019(UTC)
donaldworrell  
#11 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 6:55:37 PM(UTC)
donaldworrell

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 51 post(s)
After all the "do what your told". "Don,t be lazy" advise. Here is the issue. When you get walked with ,you will be expected to use the mailbox. You can not just do special favors . You get no time for it during an inspection, if you walk inside to the back of a grocery store they will deduct time. Now if you can get your postmaster to give you a direct order fine. Write a statement for yourself noting the time and date and the instructions you where given. Such as walk the parcels to the back f the store. Good now your the postmaster is on record and you have a defense during an inspection as to why you are doing this time wasting practice. But my main point is do not just do these things on your own,

thanks 2 users thanked donaldworrell for this useful post.
John Henry on 7/20/2019(UTC), MitRod0108 on 7/20/2019(UTC)
roger.d  
#12 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 7:15:50 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 776 time(s) in 605 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MitRod0108 Go to Quoted Post

Do you have this issue or are you just trying to come up with the most obscured thing that might happen so you can create an argument?
Learn to discipline yourself, so someone else doesn't have to
MitRod0108  
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 6:51:11 AM(UTC)
MitRod0108

Woman

Originally Posted by: roger.d Go to Quoted Post

Do you have this issue or are you just trying to come up with the most obscured thing that might happen so you can create an argument?

You sound like my supervisor always thinking that I’m doing something ilegal or like you said “OBSCURE” but that’s why I come to this forum to look for answers because I want to do the right thing. There two things I didn’t like about this situation and is the time issue (I have an overburdened route) and the way that supervisor talk to me like she was my boss.
Hannah Blecter  
#14 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 7:08:04 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blecter

Was thanked: 1248 time(s) in 855 post(s)

You sound like my supervisor always thinking that I’m doing something ilegal or like you said “OBSCURE” but that’s why I come to this forum to look for answers because I want to do the right thing. There two things I didn’t like about this situation and is the time issue (I have an overburdened route) and the way that supervisor talk to me like she was my boss.

A supervisor at the grocery store would not be your boss. Is that the one you mean?
MitRod0108  
#15 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 7:40:31 AM(UTC)
MitRod0108

Woman

Originally Posted by: donaldworrell Go to Quoted Post
After all the "do what your told". "Don,t be lazy" advise. Here is the issue. When you get walked with ,you will be expected to use the mailbox. You can not just do special favors . You get no time for it during an inspection, if you walk inside to the back of a grocery store they will deduct time. Now if you can get your postmaster to give you a direct order fine. Write a statement for yourself noting the time and date and the instructions you where given. Such as walk the parcels to the back f the store. Good now your the postmaster is on record and you have a defense during an inspection as to why you are doing this time wasting practice. But my main point is do not just do these things on your own,

This is what I want to hear thank you very much
MitRod0108  
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 7:55:12 AM(UTC)
MitRod0108

Woman

Originally Posted by: Hannah Blecter Go to Quoted Post

A supervisor at the grocery store would not be your boss. Is that the one you mean?

Lol yes the supervisor at the grocery store

postalvet  
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 8:46:01 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2901 time(s) in 2293 post(s)

that’s why I come to this forum to look for answers because I want to do the right thing. There two things I didn’t like about this situation and is the time issue (I have an overburdened route) and the way that supervisor talk to me like she was my boss.

the problem coming to any on line forum is everyone has a different opinion on how to do things, we may all get to the same place but we all have different ways to do it. it is like the little boy in the family circus comic, mom asks billy where he has been and he states he was just walking home from the buss stop but it took a long time because he stopped at everyone of his favorite places.

you will always get answers but it is up to you to decide what you can use in your office that will work and give you the outcome you want.
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
MitRod0108  
#18 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 9:00:06 AM(UTC)
MitRod0108

Woman

Originally Posted by: postalvet Go to Quoted Post

that’s why I come to this forum to look for answers because I want to do the right thing. There two things I didn’t like about this situation and is the time issue (I have an overburdened route) and the way that supervisor talk to me like she was my boss.

the problem coming to any on line forum is everyone has a different opinion on how to do things, we may all get to the same place but we all have different ways to do it. it is like the little boy in the family circus comic, mom asks billy where he has been and he states he was just walking home from the buss stop but it took a long time because he stopped at everyone of his favorite places.

you will always get answers but it is up to you to decide what you can use in your office that will work and give you the outcome you want.[/quote
I agree thank you very much
Seadogg  
#19 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 9:08:55 AM(UTC)
Seadogg

Was thanked: 564 time(s) in 377 post(s)

No, I wasn't. In your initial post you provided so little detail I didn't understand your position. Now after some more posts it is clear. As others have suggested, the proper procedure is to ask MGMT what to do. If it were me and they had asked nicely (and I wasn't under time pressure) I would bring the packages back.
Hannah Blecter  
#20 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 9:38:58 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blecter

Was thanked: 1248 time(s) in 855 post(s)

No, I wasn't. In your initial post you provided so little detail I didn't understand your position. Now after some more posts it is clear. As others have suggested, the proper procedure is to ask MGMT what to do. If it were me and they had asked nicely (and I wasn't under time pressure) I would bring the packages back.

bring the packages (to the) back? lol

Because it would not be right to bring them back to the office if they asked nice.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed