Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

7 Pages«<567
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bri23  
#121 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 1:31:49 PM(UTC)
Bri23

Groups: Registered
United States

Yes I am & thanks! Congrats to you as well.
sekonick  
#122 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 5:18:23 AM(UTC)
sekonick

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
They are still hiring from the same announcement. There has been a HUGE snafu in HR with getting background checks completed on people. There is another class on Oct 28 and another that starts in December/January from the same announcement. HR knows they F'd up big time.
XFed77  
#123 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 11:07:55 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sekonick Go to Quoted Post
They are still hiring from the same announcement. There has been a HUGE snafu in HR with getting background checks completed on people. There is another class on Oct 28 and another that starts in December/January from the same announcement. HR knows they F'd up big time.

That's what it seems.

I've heard that there are Offices/PODs that haven't even offered Tentative Offers or requested Fingerprints/Documents yet. I have never seen them so backed up, especially Contact Rep positions because the filing season starts in January and they are essential.

Contact Reps have to be fully trained when the first refund-related calls start at the end of January and they're running out of time...

CPAHopefull  
#124 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 6:12:20 AM(UTC)
CPAHopefull

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post

That's what it seems.

I've heard that there are Offices/PODs that haven't even offered Tentative Offers or requested Fingerprints/Documents yet. I have never seen them so backed up, especially Contact Rep positions because the filing season starts in January and they are essential.

Contact Reps have to be fully trained when the first refund-related calls start at the end of January and they're running out of time...

I just finished up my 2nd week of training, and have been going back and forth with HR to get the registration key for the e-quip for almost a month now. Found out this week several in my class are having various issues with the e-Quip. After several of us talking to the union and to classroom teachers / managers, it finally got escalated up to the DM, and I finally got access yesterday - the day they had to be completed for our team. There are still a couple of people I know of in the class without access.
SC-05  
#125 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 6:15:50 AM(UTC)
SC-05

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Off topic, but how is training like?
Calitigress  
#126 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 7:54:00 AM(UTC)
Calitigress

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SC-05 Go to Quoted Post

Hi, I was a CSR the last few years before moving on recently. Training is about 2 1/2 months, and it's not that hard if you pay attention. I'm not sure if it was just the Fresno campus, but the training environment was really relaxed. The first 2 1/2 weeks are usually just tax law, and then you will move on to the different programs used. There are a couple major programs you use, but most likely you won't see them until you start. You are going to be learning what codes mean and how to make adjustments that won't make sense until you have access, so don't be discouraged. This doesn't apply if you are internal and already had access to them, or if you didn't have a position that used them prior. I did not, and it didn't take long after being on the floor to get used to them. From a quality perspective, pay close attention to our disclosure procedures. Those will get you an error more often than anything else. If none of this makes sense, I'm sorry, I just woke up XP.
thanks 1 user thanked Calitigress for this useful post.
SC-05 on 10/26/2019(UTC)
SC-05  
#127 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 7:56:14 AM(UTC)
SC-05

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Calitigress Go to Quoted Post

Hi, I was a CSR the last few years before moving on recently. Training is about 2 1/2 months, and it's not that hard if you pay attention. I'm not sure if it was just the Fresno campus, but the training environment was really relaxed. The first 2 1/2 weeks are usually just tax law, and then you will move on to the different programs used. There are a couple major programs you use, but most likely you won't see them until you start. You are going to be learning what codes mean and how to make adjustments that won't make sense until you have access, so don't be discouraged. This doesn't apply if you are internal and already had access to them, or if you didn't have a position that used them prior. I did not, and it didn't take long after being on the floor to get used to them. From a quality perspective, pay close attention to our disclosure procedures. Those will get you an error more often than anything else. If none of this makes sense, I'm sorry, I just woke up XP.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks so much for the response! Are there tests?
Calitigress  
#128 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 9:03:12 AM(UTC)
Calitigress

United States

Yes, one for each chapter. Depending on the size of the chapters you could have up to 3 at a time. Then there are tests you need to pass to be certified. You get a few chances for those if you don't pass the first time, and the second time usually happens during or after coaching on the floor. If you still don't pass...they'll find a way to certify you. Honestly, they are not that hard.

Calitigress  
#129 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 9:04:44 AM(UTC)
Calitigress

United States

Yes, one for each chapter. Depending on the size of the chapters you could have up to 3 at a time. Then there are tests you need to pass to be certified. You get a few chances for those if you don't pass the first time, and the second time usually happens during or after coaching on the floor. If you still don't pass...they'll find a way to certify you. Honestly, they are not that hard.

Guess I should add being certified on paper and phones allows you to work OT. If you're the type that wants all that OT for the 9-10 months out of the year it's offered, you'll want to certify faster.
Hired 2015  
#130 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 8:02:55 AM(UTC)
Hired 2015

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 27 post(s)
There are CSR job reviews on job boards.

My own personal two cents my training last group of new hires was the last at our site where most of us are still with the service. The training wasn't all it could be.

I'll be leaving the service soon when I finish qualifying for the CPA. I'm headed back to the training arena.

The greatest failure of the training of our team was some not all were told about the inside rules to advancement. Few of us were told about the career learning plan and weren't told about many benefits.
sekonick  
#131 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 7:13:34 AM(UTC)
sekonick

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hired 2015 Go to Quoted Post
There are CSR job reviews on job boards.

My own personal two cents my training last group of new hires was the last at our site where most of us are still with the service. The training wasn't all it could be.

I'll be leaving the service soon when I finish qualifying for the CPA. I'm headed back to the training arena.

The greatest failure of the training of our team was some not all were told about the inside rules to advancement. Few of us were told about the career learning plan and weren't told about many benefits.

There is no way in training everything could be covered. Its just too much. Even after 10 years I'm still learning new things. And as far as telling about advancement, that's not really the trainers job to cover. The trainers are CSRs too when they don't have a class. I can assure you that its not intentional, they have lots to go over and your advancement isn't on their radar. I speak from having being a cadre member
Hired 2015  
#132 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 11:46:47 AM(UTC)
Hired 2015

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 27 post(s)

There is no way in training everything could be covered. Its just too much. Even after 10 years I'm still learning new things. And as far as telling about advancement, that's not really the trainers job to cover. The trainers are CSRs too when they don't have a class. I can assure you that its not intentional, they have lots to go over and your advancement isn't on their radar. I speak from having being a cadre member

Training should embrace the diversity with the objective to have advancement on the radar.

Young people today have been taught within so many educational models standardized job training is very challenged. A teaching model bridging that divide is advancement visualization to give purpose to the training. Employee training programs aren't using the sugar candy reward system because students could be diabetic and their health issues could be revealed by rejecting the candy. The better reward is the career a student wants and help to get there.

I always wanted to be a CPA. Next year I am going to finish my college credits to qualify for the CPA as a personal goal not as a career. The process will help me do better on the job as a side thing. The real benefit will be tackle the courses I always could pass. The reward will be the job eventually I really want to teach.

XFed77  
#133 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 12:05:55 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 43 post(s)

Has anyone in the Austin, TX Service Center started classes for the Contact Rep, (19CW1-WIX0062-0962-05-KM), or (19CW2-WIX0058-0962-5-AW),
which both closed on 08/12/2019?

Thanks
HydeFoster  
#134 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2019 11:00:32 PM(UTC)
HydeFoster

United States

Originally Posted by: Woodytech21 Go to Quoted Post
Hello all, I received an email today about taking part in a CRA assessment. Can anyone explain this assessment and the difficulty of the test. Thanks again

It wasn't difficult, time consuming yes. It's all hypothetical questions on what would be your best answer to the scenario provided. It took me a little under 2 hours.

After that you wait some more... the process is long. I applied in July took the assessment in August and then in Sept I did my first onboarding onto fingerprints and photo for ID. After that I got my firm offer that listed start date or more orientation date. In all it took 5 months.

Good luck.
Clarence Rogan  
#135 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 5:44:55 PM(UTC)
Clarence Rogan

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hows it going for everybody? Been in training for month now
hoptlite  
#136 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 9:43:53 PM(UTC)
hoptlite

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Been going pretty good here, a few kinks like not being able to do in the job training because the IT department decided that today would be a perfect time to replace our computers with laptops, but besides that its been pretty nice
Woodytech21  
#137 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:35:35 AM(UTC)
Woodytech21

United States

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Hello all,

Happy to see everyone who applied to contact rep position or collection doing well.
For me, I turn down the positions for the contract position. Then I left the contract position and I accept the IT permanent position with IRS.

Good luck to everyone carreer.

Edited by user Thursday, December 5, 2019 12:07:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OneLove  
#138 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 5:55:41 PM(UTC)
OneLove

United States

Hello friends!! Could you please give me info on the time that would take to hear the result on the CRA assessment. I completed it last week. Thanks!
hoptlite  
#139 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2020 9:19:01 PM(UTC)
hoptlite

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Takes about 2 months, then takes about another 2 months to get everything sorted like doing your fingerprints and other stuff, atleast that was my timeline, did the test in July, heard back in Seotember, started training in november
thanks 1 user thanked hoptlite for this useful post.
OneLove on 1/27/2020(UTC)
OneLove  
#140 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 5:39:32 PM(UTC)
OneLove

United States

Originally Posted by: hoptlite Go to Quoted Post
Takes about 2 months, then takes about another 2 months to get everything sorted like doing your fingerprints and other stuff, atleast that was my timeline, did the test in July, heard back in Seotember, started training in november

@ hoptlite, thank you for your feedback, it is indeed helpful. I will sit tight and wait to hear from them again. Peace!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed