Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

19 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Just Norm  
#41 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 12:06:06 PM(UTC)
Just Norm

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Southern Pat. I also have had no change in status on USAJOBs
JGBucket  
#42 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 12:08:37 PM(UTC)
JGBucket

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I’m in much the same boat as everyone else. I got hired on with a different agency during a similar hiring blitz so I looked back at my emails for the timing. Interview occurred in April, offer came in in July, I didn’t start until December. That was obviously a different situation but just something I thought might be worth adding.
thanks 1 user thanked JGBucket for this useful post.
Just Norm on 8/16/2019(UTC)
guruebby  
#43 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 12:40:56 PM(UTC)
guruebby

Man
United States

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 41 post(s)
I've applied for a handful of these 0343 jobs with the IRS (I'm currently working in a 0343 position with the AF), and have even received ratings for some of them.

I realize that there are way fewer positions in these types of positions than the ones going under mass hiings right now, but does anyone have any idea where they are in the process? Will they be hiring off of the rosters or the specific announcements?

I'm prepared to wait for a while - I've been waiting for an interview for an RA position after getting "Cat A" in April - but it's also super annoying to see these jobs just sit on "qualifications under review" for weeks at a time.

Any insider knowledge on the process would be appreciated!
FedVet21  
#44 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 1:02:11 PM(UTC)
FedVet21

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 8 post(s)
It looks like most of us are all at the same stage of the hiring process. Being that we have the same interview dates and similar email messages and selected status on USAJOBs, it is safe to say that this is just the preliminaries. The job announcement that I applied for was a 12 month register; therefore, my guess is that they (IRS HR) is building their reserves and doing a rack-and-stack of our individual skill sets and abilities to figure where we would be a best fit. Note that there are 8 separate divisions within the HCO. I surmise that this is going to be a slow walk for most of us; probably get tentative offers in the first or second week of September, with commitments by the 3rd or 4th week and start no sooner than 15 or 28 Oct.(First work day in the start of the pay period). This hypothesis coincidences with the government annual budget that starts at the beginning of the fiscal year (FY20) 1 Oct 2019 thru 30 Sept 2020. Realistically an organization wouldn't have budgeted funds in reserve for a mass hiring action at the end of the FY.

Edited by user Friday, August 16, 2019 1:24:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

guruebby  
#45 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 1:04:49 PM(UTC)
guruebby

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: FedVet21 Go to Quoted Post
I looks like most of us are all at the same stage of the hiring process. Being that we have the same interview dates and similar email messages and selected status on USAJOBs, it is safe to say that this is just the preliminaries. The job announcement that I applied for was a 12 month register; therefore, my guess is that they (IRS HR) is building their reserves and doing a rack-and-stack of our individual skill sets and abilities to figure where we would be a best fit. Note that there are 8 separate divisions within the HCO. I surmise that this is going to be a slow walk for most of us; probably get tentative offers in the first or second week of September, with commitments by the 3rd or 4th week and start either 15 or 28 Oct.(First work day in the start of the pay period). This hypothesis coincidences with the government annual budget that starts at the beginning of the fiscal year (FY20) 1 Oct 2019 thru 30 Sept 2020. Realistically an organization wouldn't have budgeted funds in reserve for a mass hiring action at the end of the FY.

I don't expect any hiring/starting to happen until after the new fiscal year, which is fine by me. I suppose that's a realistic timeline and I just need to learn to sit tight for a bit. It's just not often that the IRS opens up jobs to external folks and I don't want to miss the opportunity.
thanks 1 user thanked guruebby for this useful post.
DanDan007 on 8/20/2019(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker  
#46 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 1:36:28 PM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FedVet21 Go to Quoted Post
It looks like most of us are all at the same stage of the hiring process. Being that we have the same interview dates and similar email messages and selected status on USAJOBs, it is safe to say that this is just the preliminaries. The job announcement that I applied for was a 12 month register; therefore, my guess is that they (IRS HR) is building their reserves and doing a rack-and-stack of our individual skill sets and abilities to figure where we would be a best fit. Note that there are 8 separate divisions within the HCO. I surmise that this is going to be a slow walk for most of us; probably get tentative offers in the first or second week of September, with commitments by the 3rd or 4th week and start no sooner than 15 or 28 Oct.(First work day in the start of the pay period). This hypothesis coincidences with the government annual budget that starts at the beginning of the fiscal year (FY20) 1 Oct 2019 thru 30 Sept 2020. Realistically an organization wouldn't have budgeted funds in reserve for a mass hiring action at the end of the FY.

This all seems logical, but until an appropriations bill is passed that gives a budget to the IRS, there is no annual budget to hire from. When Congress comes back from recess, that will show how quickly things will move.
Pacswo4u  
#47 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 2:46:08 PM(UTC)
Pacswo4u

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Southern Pat Go to Quoted Post
I received that email for the 0343-13 on the 8th and haven't heard anything since. I interviewed on July 24th in Maryland.

Same here..Still waiting.
Just Norm  
#48 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 3:14:33 PM(UTC)
Just Norm

United States

federalgovtjobseeker  
#49 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 4:02:19 PM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Just Norm Go to Quoted Post
https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/266/02.-IRS-FY-2020-CJ.pdf

For anyone who wants see FY 2020

That can change though because no appropriations have been signed yet...but yes, that is the request that was made.
Just Norm  
#50 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 4:16:36 PM(UTC)
Just Norm

United States

Yes and the unknown is what is left in the budget for this year. More importantly is the strategic thought behind the requested budget, or the recent signing of the bill the allows for a fast based hiring of IT personnel with increased pay
jfeda  
#51 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 8:02:29 AM(UTC)
jfeda

United States

Here's the text of the email I received. It's definitely a little cryptic in that it doesn't seem like a good sign to me, e.g. it isn't saying "recommended for selection" like the other emails, but it also isn't saying "not selected."

Anyway, I'm not married to the idea of working for the IRS, so if I don't get it I won't be heartbroken. A GS-14 would be nice, but I've also heard some good things and a fair amount of not-so-good things about working there.

If anyone is willing to cut and paste the full text of their post-interview email minus PII, it would be appreciated.

Also, if you're willing to provide any more details to help with the analysis, that might be interesting and a way for all of us to kill some time while we're waiting. Here's my story:

Announcement: 19CS1-HCS0015-0343-14-CB
Status on USA Jobs: Selected, but follow-up email (see text below) says to disregard "Due to an Administrative error"
Veteran? No
Current Federal employee? Yes
If yes, current IRS employee? No
Current Grade: 13
Grade applied for: 14
Preferred location(s) in or near one of the interview locations? No

Text of the email I received:

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service

Human Capital Office
Employment, Talent & Security
Employment Center East

Announcement: 19CS1-HCS0015-0343-14-CB
Position: Management and Program Analyst (Project Manager) *12 Month Roster* *Amended*
Series: 0343 Grade: 14

Dear

**Due to an Administrative error, please disregard previous status updates via USA Jobs for this announcement** You will receive an official email if selected for this position. Your application for the above position was received and processed in accordance with the Merit Promotion Program procedures. Based upon your application, we are pleased to inform you that you have met the basic qualification requirements for the occupation and grade level indicated.

What to Expect Next:
You will be receiving correspondence via e-mail, informing you of the next step in the application process.

If you have any questions, please contact me at...

Edited by user Saturday, August 17, 2019 8:04:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

worker  
#52 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 8:15:12 AM(UTC)
worker

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I do not think it is a bad sign per se maybe just very confusing. Stay upbeat!!!
thanks 1 user thanked worker for this useful post.
jfeda on 8/17/2019(UTC)
Pacswo4u  
#53 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 4:40:37 AM(UTC)
Pacswo4u

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ok, so I applied and interviewed for a GS-13-0343 position. USAJOBS & IRS career page say "selected" for GS13 and an HCO email says "recommended for 13 or 14".

Should I apply for the GS-14 position or just wait?
Just Norm  
#54 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 5:00:41 AM(UTC)
Just Norm

United States

I would recommend filling it out, It will not hurt, and only takes a min as it will be auto populated for the info that you have already put in for the GS13 Position.

I filled out the GS13 first, and then when i went to do the GS14 all the info was already auto populated.

Just a Recommendation
Just Norm  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 4:34:54 AM(UTC)
Just Norm

United States

I interviewed on 25th Philadelphia, revived my email on the 6th. Waiting on tentative. Offer

Management and Program Analyst *12 Month Register* (Project Manager)
19CS1-HCS0013-0343-13-NW

*status just changed today, to "Selected" on USAJOBS. Hopefully, it is a sign of movement.

thanks 2 users thanked Just Norm for this useful post.
SMem83 on 8/21/2019(UTC), Southern Pat on 8/21/2019(UTC)
Phillygrl  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 4:54:24 AM(UTC)
Phillygrl

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I also interviewed in Philadelphia, received the selected notification and had a call from my hiring manager.
I'm anxiously awaiting the tentative offer and any information regarding the start date, etc.
thanks 1 user thanked Phillygrl for this useful post.
Southern Pat on 8/21/2019(UTC)
Presto  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 10:10:37 AM(UTC)
Presto

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I had an interview on 8/16 for 203 (HR) series. I’m so impatient...this is torture. If, I get this position I’ll make sure you all get offers and timely lol!
thanks 1 user thanked Presto for this useful post.
SMem83 on 8/21/2019(UTC)
guruebby  
#58 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 10:14:33 AM(UTC)
guruebby

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Presto Go to Quoted Post
I had an interview on 8/16 for 203 (HR) series. I’m so impatient...this is torture. If, I get this position I’ll make sure you all get offers and timely lol!

I'm sure all potential hires think the same thing. Something must happen once they cross the threshold into work. Our email with the AF is down service-wide today so it happens lol
thanks 1 user thanked guruebby for this useful post.
Presto on 8/21/2019(UTC)
Txmade  
#59 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 10:47:49 AM(UTC)
Txmade

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Finally received a call today to schedule my fingerprints and badge picture tomorrow. Was told after fingerprints are done they can start background check and final offer should come next week. Hopefully you all will see movement soon.
thanks 2 users thanked Txmade for this useful post.
Just Norm on 8/21/2019(UTC), SMem83 on 8/21/2019(UTC)
Phillygrl  
#60 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 11:06:47 AM(UTC)
Phillygrl

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
That's great news!!
I currently have a clearance so my fingerprints are on file. Hopefully I will get a call or email soon.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed