Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Missourimom4  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 11:10:00 AM(UTC)
Missourimom4

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/7/2019(UTC)
Posts: 2
United States
Location: Missouri

I received my tenative offer last week and completed the required paperwork. I was expecting from other post to have a credit check and fingerprints. I didn't have either and received my final offer yesterday. My question is have any other position not have you complete a fingerprint check or credit check? The security level was listed on the announcement as secret.
Endless Summer  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 12:48:49 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/7/2016(UTC)
Posts: 739

Thanks: 19 times
Was thanked: 168 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rmpollard1 Go to Quoted Post
I received my tenative offer last week and completed the required paperwork. I was expecting from other post to have a credit check and fingerprints. I didn't have either and received my final offer yesterday. My question is have any other position not have you complete a fingerprint check or credit check? The security level was listed on the announcement as secret.


You won't know if they run a credit check. They may be waiting to run your prints when you onboard, I had that happen, but only a public trust position.
fed_job_seeker2019  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:37:10 PM(UTC)
fed_job_seeker2019

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/4/2019(UTC)
Posts: 3
United States
Location: New York

I have a more generic question and would really appreciate if someone can answer this. If your application is "Referred" to selecting official, what % of chance do you potentially have to be hired for the roll?
Endless Summer  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:52:51 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/7/2016(UTC)
Posts: 739

Thanks: 19 times
Was thanked: 168 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fed_job_seeker2019 Go to Quoted Post
I have a more generic question and would really appreciate if someone can answer this. If your application is "Referred" to selecting official, what % of chance do you potentially have to be hired for the roll?


Better than zero, but not much. Don't pin your hopes on the referral, just keep applying and if they contact you that's great. A lot is going to depend on your experience and the job series you are applying for.

For example, I've been referred for at least 100 positions, I've been contacted in maybe 40 of those to see if I'm still interested. after confirming that I'm interested I maybe had a dozen interviews, probably half of those resulted in a job offer.

So, in my totally unscientific study, it works out to about a 6% chance, but I am applying for jobs requiring a specific, rather uncommon skill set.
jazzyeng  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:39:45 PM(UTC)
jazzyeng

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/25/2016(UTC)
Posts: 46
United States
Location: N.C.

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
So you saying you had 6 job offers and you didn't accept any of them ?
Endless Summer  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 12:52:49 AM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/7/2016(UTC)
Posts: 739

Thanks: 19 times
Was thanked: 168 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jazzyeng Go to Quoted Post
So you saying you had 6 job offers and you didn't accept any of them ?


No, I've accepted 3 of them, but I backed out of one when negotiations failed.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 0.528 seconds.