Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
OBE17  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 4:04:24 AM(UTC)
OBE17

Groups: Registered
United States

The SECOP doc certified (and CE accepted) several additional limiting restrictions to work fitness that are not related to the original injury (in addition to confirming that Maximum Medical Improvement has been reached and that the complications from the original injury are inoperable)

He did, however, specify that I AM ABLE to work, albeit in a "Sedentary" job which has triggered a request for Vocational Rehabilitation.

My question is: Considering the ravages of time that have rendered me virtually unemployable (all medically certifiable but not yet accepted into the SOAF) how do I communicate these limitations to the Rehab Counselor (and should I?)

Based upon what I glean from this excerpt, I suspect that I should:

The entry applies to what FECA addresses in their overused mantra: "...compensation benefits are not be considered to be RETIREMENT benefits!"

[T]he principal exceptions are described in the FECA itself which, at 5 USC 8105, provides that “the loss of use of both hands, both arms, both feet, or both legs, or the loss of sight of both eyes, is prima facie permanent total disability.”

Other exceptions are based on individual OWCP determinations to the effect that the disability, COMBINED WITH AGE AND OTHER FACTORS, is so severe as to permanently disqualify the injured employee for all work—and not just the work being performed at the time of injury...

...any thoughts?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed