Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Career Planning and Development

Are you looking to get promoted?
Maybe a change in your federal career?
Need tips on resume writing to land a federal job?
Or how to increase your salary or get a pay raise?

Join this active discussion with others climbing the same challenging career ladder.

Consider ordering some helpful resources or read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues by visiting FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GloryBound  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 3:02:16 AM(UTC)
GloryBound

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I've been with this agency for a few years and started doing a Coordinator GS-9 job as part of a rotation a year ago with two other GS-7 Assistants. The agency finally posted the GS-9 and I was the only Assistant to make the Cert list and get referred. I don't think they'll throw out the list, but once a list is made can my agency ask that the applications of my coworkers who didn't make it be reevaluated for thier qualifications? I don't think it's fair. I'm doing the job, I made the list, they didn't.
HR Bubba  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 4:40:39 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 193 post(s)
If a hiring official were to ask me to do that I would inform them that what they are doing is a prohibited personnel practice and I would not do it; if the applicant were to ask, that's a different story. Even if an applicant were to ask, it would depend on why they didn't make the cert. If they were found to be "not qualified" then we could do a second review. If they did not make the cert becasue they were not among the best qualified, they are out of luck. The best qualified category is determined based on a cut off score (my agency uses 95) and since an applicant's score is based on their own aswers to the assessment questions then there is nothing for HR to re-evaluate and they will not be added to the list.

With all of that said, there is always another way to skin a cat and depending on how savvy the manager is with regard to recruitment processes and how easily the HR person can be "persuaded" they could go the route of re-announcing the vacancy in order to get a new list.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
TeeBPTanka on 9/2/2019(UTC)
GloryBound  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 6:55:22 AM(UTC)
GloryBound

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Thank you
djp  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 10:10:21 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 124 post(s)
The thing that can be done....

Job cancelled and reannounced.

Some managers will do this if they didn’t have enough qualified prople referred because they want a min number of candidates.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed