Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
noproblem13  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 11:38:32 AM(UTC)
noproblem13

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Accepted my Tentative offer on the Thursday the 22nd and have yet to receive my email regarding scheduling the fingerprint scan and ID badge. I have emailed the HR rep twice and still nothing. Has anyone else waiting longer then a week for this email before? Because the offer says it should come withing 24-48 hours after they receive it.
Endless Summer  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 12:09:42 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Was thanked: 187 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Originally Posted by: noproblem13 Go to Quoted Post
Accepted my Tentative offer on the Thursday the 22nd and have yet to receive my email regarding scheduling the fingerprint scan and ID badge. I have emailed the HR rep twice and still nothing. Has anyone else waiting longer then a week for this email before? Because the offer says it should come withing 24-48 hours after they receive it.

For the position I'm currently onboarding with, it was two weeks from when I accepted the TO until they sent the e-qip link/fingerprint request.
thanks 2 users thanked Endless Summer for this useful post.
noproblem13 on 8/30/2019(UTC), HopeToCompete on 9/9/2019(UTC)
Anonymous155  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 5:50:34 PM(UTC)
Anonymous155

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I received my offer on 07/16/19
And I received an email regarding scheduling my fingerprinting appointment on 7/23/19, I would triple check with your HR department, you’ve already emailed, but I would email AGAIN
thanks 1 user thanked Anonymous155 for this useful post.
HopeToCompete on 9/9/2019(UTC)
FellowMi  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 8:23:05 AM(UTC)
FellowMi

United States

Hi, I am in the same boat, accepted tentative offer but didn't receive an email about fingerprint yet. No response from HR rep either. Any help please?
Endless Summer  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:05:46 AM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Originally Posted by: FellowMi Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I am in the same boat, accepted tentative offer but didn't receive an email about fingerprint yet. No response from HR rep either. Any help please?

I accepted the TO on August 12 and was emailed the link for e-qip on August 28. I was given 7 calendar days to fill out and electronically submit the SF-86. My fingerprints were to be done on my base, and the security office said they needed my e-qip number to submit them electronically.

I submitted the SF-86 on September 2 and will submit the fingerprints electronically this week.

So, two weeks from accepting the TO to getting the link for the e-qip. Relax and spend this time wisely, gathering info on your past employment, residences, parents/siblings places and dates of birth as well as addresses for any living relatives, contact info for coworkers, neighbors, professional and personal references... 7 days sounds like a long time until you try recreating the past 7-10 years of your life!

Good luck gang.
thanks 3 users thanked Endless Summer for this useful post.
FellowMi on 9/10/2019(UTC), HopeToCompete on 9/10/2019(UTC), Anonymous155 on 9/12/2019(UTC)
FellowMi  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:09:52 AM(UTC)
FellowMi

United States

Thanks Endless Summer, but It's been almost a month since I accepted offer. and not sure what to do now.
Endless Summer  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:21:53 AM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Thanks Endless Summer, but It's been almost a month since I accepted offer. and not sure what to do now.

Remember, there was a major federal holiday since then. It's entirely likely that your e-qip was assigned to someone who took a week or so off. Definitely follow up with your POC from the hiring agency. Same thing applies to them, they may have taken time off and are just now digging through emails. Call them if you've got a phone number.

also, everything gets pretty crazy around the end of the fiscal year which is just two weeks away. So, don't get too nervous, it's just the way the system works, but reach out to your POC again.
thanks 4 users thanked Endless Summer for this useful post.
FellowMi on 9/10/2019(UTC), HopeToCompete on 9/10/2019(UTC), hoptlite on 9/10/2019(UTC), Anonymous155 on 9/11/2019(UTC)
hoptlite  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:50:56 PM(UTC)
hoptlite

United States

Yeah I'm waiting for my email too, been about a week on my end, it's stressful, wish they didn't put that 2 day thing in the offer letter for the response because now I'm worrying if I did something wrong
noproblem13  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 4:21:08 AM(UTC)
noproblem13

United States

The offer letter says to wait for a email but I’m pretty sure that’s the way they used to do it. I accepted my TO over 2 weeks ago and was waiting for the same email. Finally someone from HR emailed me back saying that they don’t email for fingerprints and that I would receive a call. Received the call a hour later and now I’m going in today for prints. Just be patient and maybe email the Email they have in the full job announcement, that’s what I did and they got back to me right away.
hoptlite  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:48:15 AM(UTC)
hoptlite

United States

Well I actually did get a response, said their sending out the fingerprinting stuff today, or their going to try to but since you got it, maybe I'll get mine today too
Endless Summer  
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:41:09 AM(UTC)
Endless Summer

The offer letter says to wait for a email but I’m pretty sure that’s the way they used to do it. I accepted my TO over 2 weeks ago and was waiting for the same email. Finally someone from HR emailed me back saying that they don’t email for fingerprints and that I would receive a call. Received the call a hour later and now I’m going in today for prints. Just be patient and maybe email the Email they have in the full job announcement, that’s what I did and they got back to me right away.

Yeah, my email said I should be receiving a followup email within 24 hours, and if I didn't, to call the phone number listed. I never got the followup email so, at exactly 24 hours, I called and they said "I guess you're calling about the e-qip pin number? Here it is"

noproblem13  
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:46:32 AM(UTC)
noproblem13

United States

My offer letter didn't have any phone number in it. I just finished my fingerprints and the lady said it was odd that they said they would email. I have yet to fill out any e-quip info. After I finished my prints she said I will probably receive my FO within 2-3 weeks by email.
FellowMi  
#13 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 7:39:38 AM(UTC)
FellowMi

United States

Can someone please let me know - what are the next steps after fingerprints? Thanks in advance....
hoptlite  
#14 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 3:03:09 PM(UTC)
hoptlite

United States

Got my fingerprint email today and made the appointment for next week, guess they are sending them out,
Endless Summer  
#15 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 3:03:21 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Can someone please let me know - what are the next steps after fingerprints? Thanks in advance....

I'm not directly involved in the approval process, but here's my recent experience. This may or may not be normal.

Completed the online SF86
scheduled to have my fingerprints scanned and uploaded (they needed the e-qip # before they could do it)
Within a week of submitting the completed SF86 I was contacted by the investigation rep asking for a couple clarifications
Provided the clarifications
Had my prints submitted a week after answering the request for clarifications.
Within two hours of my prints being uploaded I received notification that my SF86 package had been submitted to the investigating agency.

and now we wait...
Rss Feed  Atom Feed