Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DEA

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Justice, tasked with combating drug smuggling and use within the United States. Not only is the DEA the lead agency for domestic enforcement of the drug policy of the United States sharing concurrent jurisdiction with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, it also has sole responsibility for coordinating and pursuing U.S. drug investigations abroad.

Perhaps you are working for the DEA or interested in working for the DEA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DEA.

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ChrisDrew  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 4:01:23 AM(UTC)
ChrisDrew

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
F-NC-19-10597718-DE-SG
shipwreck75  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 8:08:04 AM(UTC)
shipwreck75

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Anyone know if location choice is available for this or are you at the mercy of the job?
brownbear932008  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 8:34:03 AM(UTC)
brownbear932008

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
At mercy with what's available at the time. Mostly major metro areas to begin with. When a class is put together locations will go out and you get 5-10 choices normally with what's available.
Tecumseh  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:24:30 AM(UTC)
Tecumseh

Did you guys receive an initial USA Hire link for online assessments when you applied? I know it says they will send you a link within 24 hours of applying, but I usually get them within an hour or two.
Hampton121  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:26:01 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tecumseh Go to Quoted Post
Did you guys receive an initial USA Hire link for online assessments when you applied? I know it says they will send you a link within 24 hours of applying, but I usually get them within an hour or two.

I haven't received mine yet, but i'm expecting it to not send me one though since i applied to the schedule A vacancy that was posted 2 months ago.
SoupGal  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:35:45 AM(UTC)
SoupGal

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I haven't received the assessment link yet. I previously applied for the Diversion Investigator position and still waiting for result. I don't know if they are going to use the score in the DI for IRS position.
Tecumseh  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:48:18 AM(UTC)
Tecumseh

Interesting, I guess I'll try to reach out and see what's up. Appreciate the responses.
zizzer  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 2:21:25 PM(UTC)
zizzer

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Hi, Tecumseh!

I received the invitation for the online assessment an hour ago, I was given 48 hours to complete it. Have you received it?
Hampton121  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 3:01:26 PM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

I got an email saying my application is complete that i didn't need to do an assessment
ChrisDrew  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 3:03:55 PM(UTC)
ChrisDrew

United States

Originally Posted by: zizzer Go to Quoted Post

Hi, Tecumseh!

I received the invitation for the online assessment an hour ago, I was given 48 hours to complete it. Have you received it?

For this specific opening? I got an email at 5:30PM today but it said I have already completed the assessments. Maybe my previous test for an earlier IRS opening was used. Is this the first IRS you applied for?
zizzer  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 3:39:05 PM(UTC)
zizzer

United States

Originally Posted by: ChrisDrew Go to Quoted Post

Hi, Tecumseh!

For this specific opening? I got an email at 5:30PM today but it said I have already completed the assessments. Maybe my previous test for an earlier IRS opening was used. Is this the first IRS you applied for?

Yes, for this one. This is my first application ever for a DEA position, so I am sure that's why. The description stated that this particular assessment could be used for future (similar) applications in the next 12 months.

Tecumseh  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:36:17 PM(UTC)
Tecumseh

Just received an email that I need to complete the online assessments. Never had to wait a day for an assessments link haha. Good luck to everyone.
zizzer  
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 4:22:08 AM(UTC)
zizzer

United States

Just received an email that I need to complete the online assessments. Never had to wait a day for an assessments link haha. Good luck to everyone.

It took 2 days to get the link, too (I just checked the previous email).

Good luck to you, too!

I saw some timelines from the prior years and I saw that it is a long process, but I was surprised when I read in the announcement that "We expect to make a final job offer within 80 days after the closing date of the announcement". This would be fast! I wonder what to expect..

Fedgirl17  
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 1:13:42 PM(UTC)
Fedgirl17

United States

I received assessment notice as well good luck to us !!!! Its essay format oh gosh !!
ChrisDrew  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:59:30 PM(UTC)
ChrisDrew

United States

"We expect to make a final job offer within 80 days after the closing date of the announcement"

Highly unlikely to nigh impossible. Interviews and BI still have to be done. IIRC this is a TS job so the BI's will take at least three months and that's only if you have an "uncomplicated" background.

Edited by user Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:00:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hampton121  
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:42:45 PM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

"We expect to make a final job offer within 80 days after the closing date of the announcement"

Highly unlikely to nigh impossible. Interviews and BI still have to be done. IIRC this is a TS job so the BI's will take at least three months and that's only if you have an "uncomplicated" background.

I believe they mean they plan on selecting who they want to be given Tentative offers cause there's no way a person can get hired within 80 days from the closing date of the posting cause they still gotta go through the basic training
brownbear932008  
#17 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 5:46:33 AM(UTC)
brownbear932008

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)

I totally agree you will be lucky if your interviewed in the 80 day time frame. I already held the proper clearance and next month will be a year that I've been going through the process. It is very lengthy and takes quite a while to complete. So apply and forget about it until your contacted to take a step in the process. It has taken many people almost two years to complete. I am now awaiting polygraph at this point. Good luck to everyone that applied.
USMC03  
#18 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 8:10:56 AM(UTC)
USMC03

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I applied didn’t have to take the assessment I got an email yesterday stating everything was completed.

I only took the DI assessment which I passed.

I don’t see how they can hire in 80 days maybe make a selection on a tentative offer? Who knows
je123  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:59:05 AM(UTC)
je123

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This is going to sound dumb (and it is dumb). I don't have any experience with this online assessment nor have I applied to many fed jobs. Anyhow, I was under the impression that the link to take this exam would appear next to the job announcement on the usa site and NOT arrive in an email. It does not really even specify in the announcement that it would specifically be sent to an email address. Anyhow, my link was sent to spam and deleted so I never took the test in the allowed time. Are there any circumstances on planet earth by which they would allow someone to take the assessment after the 48 hours?
je123  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:14:03 AM(UTC)
je123

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm thinking there is no hope for me taking this assessment at this point. Anyone have an idea on how often this IRS position with dea comes up? every year?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed