Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RuralRoadRunner  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 8:56:58 PM(UTC)
RuralRoadRunner

Groups: Registered

Is there any form I can file that that can contest part of a city route that use to be rural? This area was rural about 8 years ago and city swallowed it up somehow. Its surrounded by 2 rural routes already. Not sure why city route has this section its about 1 hour evaluated area.
postalvet  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 5:28:38 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2874 time(s) in 2269 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RuralRoadRunner Go to Quoted Post
Is there any form I can file that that can contest part of a city route that use to be rural? This area was rural about 8 years ago and city swallowed it up somehow. Its surrounded by 2 rural routes already. Not sure why city route has this section its about 1 hour evaluated area.

best place for rurals is here;
https://www.ruralmailtalk.com/
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
Hannah Blecter  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 5:39:32 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blecter

Was thanked: 1198 time(s) in 812 post(s)
Generally, I would say if the local manager is not siding with the rural carriers in this matter you could talk to their bosses. You should find many managers who would want that to be on a rural route.
Hannah Blecter  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:56:42 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blecter

Originally Posted by: RuralRoadRunner Go to Quoted Post

Curious if you know the situation when this was switched to city. Generally, someone in mgmt or a friend of mgmt benefits from inexplicable, even costly moves by mgmt. I know of a new apt. area totally in a city route area and it was put on a rural route. The rural carrier drives into the city route to enter the area and the city carrier drives right around it while delivering his city route. But this scenario is the most common--putting city areas on a rural route. That makes your situation interesting to me. I am guessing this may be a smaller office where personal relationships sometimes overrule common/business sense.
122intheshade  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:22:05 AM(UTC)
122intheshade

Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Was thanked: 562 time(s) in 452 post(s)
It's that way all over Phoenix. You'll go into an office that's mostly rural, with maybe one or two city routes. Then you have offices in the city, like mine, with ONE rural route (actually 4 mini-routes miles apart, across all three zips) and 55 city routes. The rural route is totally surrounded by city routes. Each piece.

As it was explained to me, decades ago the PO and the unions laid out what was city and what was rural. As growth has overtaken the rural routes on the outskirts, there has been no change in area. No "swaps" between city and rural.

Maybe neither union wants to give up its "territory". Maybe no one wants to deal with it. The sun comes up and life goes on.

As most of us have observed, the PO is not interested in its own efficiency. Only YOURS.
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
Hannah Blecter  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:54:46 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blecter

The city area of which I know that was put on a rural route a few years back was definitely not in any area mapped out for rural routes. It was put on a rural route to avoid creating the need for an additional city route. In fact, it was so obvious it should be on the city route that it was put in the city carrier's edit book before someone outside the office stepped in and stopped it.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed