Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
10 Pages«<8910
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
reaper1209  
#181 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 11:09:05 AM(UTC)
reaper1209

Groups: Registered
United States

Nice. Everyone I've talked too has said that our process has been fast (for DEA). I know there is a class scheduled for June...kinda hoping we can get through this in time for that one.
zizzer  
#182 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 10:03:02 PM(UTC)
zizzer

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Is there anyone who passed the biography data assessment and has not been contacted for an interview yet?

I was told in December, I had passed, but no one has reached out to me. I just sent an e-mail and I may call them on Monday to see what is going on.
zizzer  
#183 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 10:04:58 PM(UTC)
zizzer

United States

Originally Posted by: ffmedic16 Go to Quoted Post
Anybody else hear about an interview? I passed the bio assessment but have not heard anything on the interview. I called HR and they said that I should give them till end of the month and then call if I don’t get an email. I have checked all parts of my email to include my junk email box.

Any development for you? I am in the same boat...

TxShortie88  
#184 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 7:02:32 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
When I did my interview, I was told that all interview packets had to be turned in by Feb 14 unless they were granted an extension by HQ.

Originally Posted by: zizzer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ffmedic16 Go to Quoted Post
Anybody else hear about an interview? I passed the bio assessment but have not heard anything on the interview. I called HR and they said that I should give them till end of the month and then call if I don’t get an email. I have checked all parts of my email to include my junk email box.

Any development for you? I am in the same boat...

TxShortie88  
#185 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 7:03:43 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I was told that there is a class starting today, one that is scheduled to go in June and another scheduled for September. From what I was told, the class scheduled to start today may not go as there were only 8 or 9 who were put into that class. They were applicants from last summer.

Originally Posted by: reaper1209 Go to Quoted Post
Nice. Everyone I've talked too has said that our process has been fast (for DEA). I know there is a class scheduled for June...kinda hoping we can get through this in time for that one.

ffmedic16  
#186 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 8:55:25 AM(UTC)
ffmedic16

United States

So I called and got in touch with someone at the HR office today. They said that while I passed all the test, I didn't qualify based on experience. Good luck to the rest of you guys that made it through to the interview stage.
ACoats24  
#187 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 8:59:00 AM(UTC)
ACoats24

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I had the same thing happen, except I applied for the GS 9 instead of 7...I meant to apply for 7 because I did qualify for it just not the 9
KaraMOK  
#188 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 11:37:49 AM(UTC)
KaraMOK

United States

Did you use the number posted in the job announcement? I have tried calling, but I have never been able to get through to anyone..
jj62  
#189 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 11:38:13 AM(UTC)
jj62

Man
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I'm curious . . . Don't applicants get screened for experience BEFORE being allowed to proceed with any testing and especially a biographic evaluation? Why go through the resume evaluation, writing exam, and the personality traits testing and then be told you lack the basic experience? Normally in USA jobs process the first notification you receive is that you are "qualified" or not on some level. DEA looks like a different animal.
zizzer  
#190 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2020 5:14:09 AM(UTC)
zizzer

United States

Originally Posted by: jj62 Go to Quoted Post
I'm curious . . . Don't applicants get screened for experience BEFORE being allowed to proceed with any testing and especially a biographic evaluation? Why go through the resume evaluation, writing exam, and the personality traits testing and then be told you lack the basic experience? Normally in USA jobs process the first notification you receive is that you are "qualified" or not on some level. DEA looks like a different animal.

I agree....
I am confused because I was told, congratulation on passing everything, I would be contacted in January. I know that government hiring can be super slow, that is why I was really not concerned about it... I keep calling their number. (I already wrote an email but I do not think they would answer.)
Queen  
#191 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 8:22:51 AM(UTC)
Queen

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey, which method of communication have you guys had the most luck with? I called the number and just when I was about to hang up, someone picked up. But then when I told her what I wanted, she put me on hold. And after 10 minutes, I just hung up. Wondering if I'll have better luck emailing them. Thanks.
KaraMOK  
#192 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 8:32:33 AM(UTC)
KaraMOK

United States

I have tried calling, but no one has ever answered. I finally tried emailing, and it took a week to get a response. However, I have yet to hear back from my reply.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed