Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
14 Pages«<11121314>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NoobSilbot  
#241 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 5:54:45 AM(UTC)
NoobSilbot

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Applied for this 2020 announcement as well. Hopefully it will go better than the Sept 2019 announcement for me. I applied, took writing and bio-metrics but never heard anything else. Anyone know if the scores for writing are still good after a year? I would hope I get another shot at the bio-metrics as I have concluded that I must not have hit the mark for what they were looking for. Good luck to all that applied!
NoobSilbot  
#242 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 5:57:53 AM(UTC)
NoobSilbot

United States

Applied for this 2020 announcement as well. Hopefully it will go better than the Sept 2019 announcement for me. I applied, took writing and bio-metrics but never heard anything else. Anyone know if the scores for writing are still good after a year? I would hope I get another shot at the bio-metrics as I have concluded that I must not have hit the mark for what they were looking for. Good luck to all that applied!
Tecumseh  
#243 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 8:28:56 AM(UTC)
Tecumseh

Originally Posted by: NoobSilbot Go to Quoted Post

I applied to the 2019 announcement and was only prompted to do the writing assessment. This time, I was given the opportunity to do the bio-data portion, while they reused my 2019 writing. I can't imagine they would reach out with the results so soon. I think I remember reading people from 2019 getting their results about a month after taking the assessments.
PAGeek  
#244 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 4:21:41 PM(UTC)
PAGeek

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I applied to the Sept 2019 announcement, took the Writing Assessment and was notified I passed the writing assessment a month later and immediately received the bio data assessment, took it, but was never told a I passed it. I didn’t hear anything until 3 months later via email that I was accepted for an interview.
RussX  
#245 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 1:04:09 PM(UTC)
RussX

United States

Earlier this week I receive a conditional offer in writing. I have gone on USAJobs to complete the paper work, but a lot of it is read only and I can't do anything to submit it. When I emailed, they said to use Safari instead of Chrome. I have tried Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer with no luck whatsoever. Is anyone else having this problem?
KaraMOK  
#246 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 2:57:42 PM(UTC)
KaraMOK

United States

Originally Posted by: RussX Go to Quoted Post
Earlier this week I receive a conditional offer in writing. I have gone on USAJobs to complete the paper work, but a lot of it is read only and I can't do anything to submit it. When I emailed, they said to use Safari instead of Chrome. I have tried Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer with no luck whatsoever. Is anyone else having this problem?

The only problem I had was it wouldn’t work on my iPad so I used safari on my phone, and it worked fine then.
PAGeek  
#247 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 3:13:23 PM(UTC)
PAGeek

United States

I had the same issue but did move over to IE and it worked for me then.
RussX  
#248 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 3:29:00 PM(UTC)
RussX

United States

I just tried IE again and the forms are still read only. I can't even answer a question about my middle name in the biographic section. I honestly don't know why.
RussX  
#249 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 3:32:35 PM(UTC)
RussX

United States

The forms I see that are read only are the equip, drug use statement, foreign national relatives and OF 306. I don't know if I need to submit the supplemental forms via the separate email first or if there is something else standing in my way. I was able to enter in the data about my contact info, employment info and background info. I was also able to submit the loyalty oath and the consumer reports form.

Edited by user Friday, October 9, 2020 3:44:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Update

RussX  
#250 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 9:42:18 AM(UTC)
RussX

United States

Just to clarify, for those people who took care of their onboarding forms, did you see something that said confirm or submit for the OF 306 and the other documents I mentioned? I have been looking through the help center on USAJobs and I did see an image of a read only, but I also saw a confirm option as well which I do not see on my end.
PAGeek  
#251 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 3:15:16 PM(UTC)
PAGeek

United States

You know what, I can’t recall if some were read only versus confirming and signing. I do remember being unable to see the documents until I logged in on IE and having to use the up and down arrows to view all aspects of the documents. It does seem like there was something at the bottom of each doc that I had to click to acknowledge it or submit it. Something like that. All my documents are checked green with a completed date. Are you not seeing green check marks with a completed date?
RussX  
#252 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 3:25:57 PM(UTC)
RussX

United States

Originally Posted by: PAGeek Go to Quoted Post
You know what, I can’t recall if some were read only versus confirming and signing. I do remember being unable to see the documents until I logged in on IE and having to use the up and down arrows to view all aspects of the documents. It does seem like there was something at the bottom of each doc that I had to click to acknowledge it or submit it. Something like that. All my documents are checked green with a completed date. Are you not seeing green check marks with a completed date?

Not with the ones that are read only. I just went on the OF-306 and all I see is the close button. I can't even add in my middle name. The fields for my name in the biographic data section of the new hire questionnaire are grayed out and there is a padlock icon saying that they have been locked since 10/6. I can read the documents fine, but there is just no option that allows me to confirm or submit anything.
ACoats24  
#253 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 3:42:31 PM(UTC)
ACoats24

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Those of you that have forms must be from last year’s announcement or earlier right?
KaraMOK  
#254 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 3:47:55 PM(UTC)
KaraMOK

United States

Not with the ones that are read only. I just went on the OF-306 and all I see is the close button. I can't even add in my middle name. The fields for my name in the biographic data section of the new hire questionnaire are grayed out and there is a padlock icon saying that they have been locked since 10/6. I can read the documents fine, but there is just no option that allows me to confirm or submit anything.

If I recall correctly, I had to enter all of my information in the biographic area, and then for the remaining forms, they were auto filled with that information. I had to click on the form to read and review it then virtually sign it.
RussX  
#255 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 4:06:45 PM(UTC)
RussX

United States

Originally Posted by: KaraMOK Go to Quoted Post

If I recall correctly, I had to enter all of my information in the biographic area, and then for the remaining forms, they were auto filled with that information. I had to click on the form to read and review it then virtually sign it.

Well with the biographic section, I can't answer the question about my middle name. It is grayed out and there is small padlock icon saying it is locked and has been so since 10/6 and I don't know why.
KaraMOK  
#256 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 4:35:10 PM(UTC)
KaraMOK

United States

Well with the biographic section, I can't answer the question about my middle name. It is grayed out and there is small padlock icon saying it is locked and has been so since 10/6 and I don't know why.

That’s really weird. I would contact the HR person that sent you the link to do the paperwork. The only time my information was “locked” was after I filled the forms and confirmed them.
RussX  
#257 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 4:41:46 PM(UTC)
RussX

United States

That’s really weird. I would contact the HR person that sent you the link to do the paperwork. The only time my information was “locked” was after I filled the forms and confirmed them.

I already have. She ended up submitting a service ticket to IT. Hopefully it can all be resolved on Tuesday. One of the documents is due on Monday and nobody will be in since that is a federal holiday.
PAGeek  
#258 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 5:08:25 PM(UTC)
PAGeek

United States

Originally Posted by: ACoats24 Go to Quoted Post
Those of you that have forms must be from last year’s announcement or earlier right?

I applied Sept 2019
PAGeek  
#259 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 5:11:03 PM(UTC)
PAGeek

United States

I already have. She ended up submitting a service ticket to IT. Hopefully it can all be resolved on Tuesday. One of the documents is due on Monday and nobody will be in since that is a federal holiday.

Dang I’m sorry. I hope they do get that fixed for you and definitely give an exception to the deadline. I think the fact that the bio doc is locked is where the issue may be. The responses from KaraMOK, have been my same experience.
Dash  
#260 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 10:13:56 PM(UTC)
Dash

The due date shouldn't matter. When I got my offer, all of the documents were already more than a week past their due date and I had no issue submitting them.
thanks 1 user thanked Dash for this useful post.
PAGeek on 10/11/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed