Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
delta099  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:52:51 PM(UTC)
delta099

Groups: Registered
United States

If I look subjectively I think based off the issues below I probably will not be eligible for a sf-85p level 6 clearance but I thought I would ask anyways.

I worked at a company from 2013-2018. In 2015 I was planning on leaving the company but my manager offered me the ability to work part time. I told her I was leaving because I found another job but I did not end up getting that job however the company has a form you have to fill out if you are working somewhere else. I lied and indicated I was working somewhere else when in fact I was not. I worked part time for this company until 2018 when I came back full time for a few months. I resigned in 2018 due to health issues. In 2019 I asked to come back and was directed to provide my resume. I told my boss I was working between 2018-2019 after I left the company so I put 2 fake jobs on my resume. I did not have a background check as I was a rehire so I did not have to submit background check information through a background check company but I did lie on my resume regarding the company's I worked.

My second issue is that in 2015 I was charged with aggressive driving which is a misdemeanor in my state. It was eventually reduced to a traffic infraction and erased from my record.

Based on the above situations, do I even have a remote chance of clearing a public trust or should I not even bother and just wait it out until the reporting time frame (7 years for public trust) has passed?
FrankJr  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:25:41 PM(UTC)
FrankJr

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 106 post(s)
Originally Posted by: delta099 Go to Quoted Post
If I look subjectively I think based off the issues below I probably will not be eligible for a sf-85p level 6 clearance but I thought I would ask anyways.

I worked at a company from 2013-2018. In 2015 I was planning on leaving the company but my manager offered me the ability to work part time. I told her I was leaving because I found another job but I did not end up getting that job however the company has a form you have to fill out if you are working somewhere else. I lied and indicated I was working somewhere else when in fact I was not. I worked part time for this company until 2018 when I came back full time for a few months. I resigned in 2018 due to health issues. In 2019 I asked to come back and was directed to provide my resume. I told my boss I was working between 2018-2019 after I left the company so I put 2 fake jobs on my resume. I did not have a background check as I was a rehire so I did not have to submit background check information through a background check company but I did lie on my resume regarding the company's I worked.

My second issue is that in 2015 I was charged with aggressive driving which is a misdemeanor in my state. It was eventually reduced to a traffic infraction and erased from my record.

Based on the above situations, do I even have a remote chance of clearing a public trust or should I not even bother and just wait it out until the reporting time frame (7 years for public trust) has passed?

Fabricating information on a resume isn't illegal for the private sector. Gaps in employment are of greater concern. One traffic infraction isn't the end of the world but a series of traffic infractions.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed