Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
arrau  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 8:19:51 PM(UTC)
arrau

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The process does seem slow/inconsistent, but I'd say if you haven't heard anything it's a bad sign

I (and another applicant in this thread) also got contacted about a transcript upload thing on their end in Ocrober I think. I assume that was sent to all applicants? But maybe not

Edited by user Wednesday, December 11, 2019 8:20:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tonyvegas  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 8:25:30 PM(UTC)
tonyvegas

Korea, D.P.R.O.

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Who knows. I applied to four of the internships, and the first time I emailed them received a response immediately. Since then it has been crickets. With the State Dept I know that different bureaus take longer than others to finalize internships. They said that they would tell you if you had NOT been selected, and I imagine that those would have been decided fairly early in the process.
OPFOR_Noodle  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 7:33:42 PM(UTC)
OPFOR_Noodle

Groups: Unapproved
United States

Has anyone received a FJO? Was cleared in December and haven't heard since :/

Also kinda worried about this being canceled/postponed with all that's going on...
Kaliino  
#24 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 11:38:25 AM(UTC)
Kaliino

United States

Was thanked: 943 time(s) in 672 post(s)
Originally Posted by: OPFOR_Noodle Go to Quoted Post

Also kinda worried about this being canceled/postponed with all that's going on...

Quote:
"...Deputy Secretary of Defense David L. Norquist approved new travel restrictions for service members, DoD civilians, and their families assigned to DoD installations, facilities and surrounding areas within the United States and its territories. This restriction will halt all domestic travel, including Permanent Change of Station, and Temporary Duty. This restriction will also pause civilian hiring at DoD installations and components for persons who do not reside within the hiring entity's local commuting area."

https://www.defense.gov/...tic-travel-restrictions/

Edited by user Thursday, March 26, 2020 11:52:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

arrau  
#25 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 6:05:22 AM(UTC)
arrau

United States

I spoke to an employee and she said they have not heard anything from the Director about it

Side note: Did you fill out an SF-86; what was your clearance timeline? I got a TJO in November and literally no contact since... not even an sf86... lol
OPFOR_Noodle  
#26 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 11:43:56 AM(UTC)
OPFOR_Noodle

Groups: Unapproved
United States

Originally Posted by: arrau Go to Quoted Post

Side note: Did you fill out an SF-86; what was your clearance timeline? I got a TJO in November and literally no contact since... not even an sf86... lol

Yea, so I interviewed in July so here was my timeline:

July 2019 - Interview/CJO
July 2019 (one week later) - SF86/other forms were sent, completed the following day
July 2019 (later that month) - Background investigation began: met/talked to investigators
August 2019 - Polygraph passed, investigators submitted results
December 2019 - Favorable Adjudication
Present - still waiting to hear something haha, wondering if I should start applying to other internships :/

Hope this helped, best of luck to you.
arrau  
#27 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 12:13:55 PM(UTC)
arrau

United States

Originally Posted by: arrau Go to Quoted Post

Yea, so I interviewed in July so here was my timeline:

July 2019 - Interview/CJO
July 2019 (one week later) - SF86/other forms were sent, completed the following day
July 2019 (later that month) - Background investigation began: met/talked to investigators
August 2019 - Polygraph passed, investigators submitted results
December 2019 - Favorable Adjudication
Present - still waiting to hear something haha, wondering if I should start applying to other internships :/

Hope this helped, best of luck to you.

Ah, so you applied in March.

That's interesting, I applied in the September period. I wonder what the discrepancy is. I didn't even have a phone interview. They said they would call in December but I didn't get one. Very strange, and frustrating. But thanks for your input.

if it's any consolation, I just went to the DIA site https://www.dia.mil/Care...nd-Internships/Students/

It says "Currently we have no plans to postpone the DIA Summer Internship Program. In the event guidance changes regarding established report dates and/or site visits the DIA Internship Team will immediately notify program participants.In the meantime, stay safe and check your email periodically for updates."

thanks 1 user thanked arrau for this useful post.
OPFOR_Noodle on 3/27/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed