Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

8 Pages«<678
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Amaurin  
#141 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 7:13:05 AM(UTC)
Amaurin

Groups: Registered

Any word on what we are allowed to take with us for the 2 week quarantine prior to the start of the academy? I don’t have any video games but I also read personal laptops are not permitted? Just wondering.
vmars  
#142 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 8:32:18 AM(UTC)
vmars

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Amaurin Go to Quoted Post
Any word on what we are allowed to take with us for the 2 week quarantine prior to the start of the academy? I don’t have any video games but I also read personal laptops are not permitted? Just wondering.

Where did you read that? I know we cannot have personal devices in the classrooms, but I don't remember reading anything that says no laptops at all. If that's true, I may have to rethink my packing list…
App: 10/18
PI: 12/18
PII: 12/18 (1/19)
PIII: 6/19
CJO: 7/19
Poly: 8/19
Bkgd: 9/19-5/20
Q: 12/20
Amaurin  
#143 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 8:48:28 AM(UTC)
Amaurin

Originally Posted by: vmars Go to Quoted Post

Where did you read that? I know we cannot have personal devices in the classrooms, but I don't remember reading anything that says no laptops at all. If that's true, I may have to rethink my packing list…

I apologize, it says “unless cleared by security”. So maybe they clear it during our first day?

https://www.fbijobs.gov/...files/fbi-guide-BFTC.pdf
StillCallsMeSon  
#144 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 7:54:12 AM(UTC)
StillCallsMeSon

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)

I apologize, it says “unless cleared by security”. So maybe they clear it during our first day?

From what I've read and been told, we're allowed to have personal devices except in the classroom and training environments. This excludes USB drives of all types. No smart watches either.
App: 5/19
P1: 5/19
M&G: 6/19
P2(W): 7/19
P2(I): 10/19
CJO: 11/19
PSI: 1/20
Poly: 1/20
Med: 2/20
BI: 3/20
Adj: 7/20
BFTC: 12/20
GhostyBoy  
#145 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 12:28:41 PM(UTC)
GhostyBoy

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: StillCallsMeSon Go to Quoted Post

From what I've read and been told, we're allowed to have personal devices except in the classroom and training environments. This excludes USB drives of all types. No smart watches either.

That sounds in line with the classified handling and processing facilities I've worked within. Depending on the command/organization, even rental car key fobs can be prohibited from facilities. I wonder if the classrooms are formally declared SCIFs (or maybe some are, and to keep the procedures/rule consistent, they treat all as such).

I haven't been able to carry any electronics with me at work for over a decade - it made dating difficult back in the day, when everyone expected a text back in no more than thirty seconds. The now-wife learned some old school patience over time.

App & P1 12/19
M&G 1/20
P2W 2/20
P2I 5/20
CJO/BI/86 6/20
Poly 7/20
Med 8/20
Adj/Pre-Q 10/20
Goal 1/21
GhostyBoy  
#146 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 10:06:13 AM(UTC)
GhostyBoy

United States

I guess this is a lifestyle question for those who have been-there and done-that: how much stuff do you carry around all day? What does it consist of?

I've got a backpack or two, mostly larger style (3-day packs) that I've been thinking of offloading, but if I'll need to carry around a whole bunch of stuff, I might hold onto one. If it's just a notebook or two, a tablet, and personal items, I'd imagine a normal backpack would work just fine. If it's a stack of books/docs, references, issued gear, notebooks, plus workout stuff, maybe not (size 14 running shoes take up a lot of space). There's always rooms for snacks and a water bottle, of course. I'd think completely sealing coffee mugs are allowed?

How long after arrival were you able to set up a mailbox and receive mail? It sounds like Amazon is the COVID-era logistics lifeline to the outside until Walmart runs are once again allowed.

Thanks!
Ghosty

App & P1 12/19
M&G 1/20
P2W 2/20
P2I 5/20
CJO/BI/86 6/20
Poly 7/20
Med 8/20
Adj/Pre-Q 10/20
Goal 1/21
GovGuy25  
#147 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 11:23:24 AM(UTC)
GovGuy25

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
What necessities does someone need to bring? I mean outside of grooming supplies, should we bring notebooks, pens/pencils, specific books we need to acquire before heading there, specific clothing that is required? I am assuming all this is communicated once you accept a class date, but I figured it would be better to double check.
GhostyBoy  
#148 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 12:30:26 PM(UTC)
GhostyBoy

United States

Looking over the packing list, they mention Hi-Tec boots being available on site but then suggesting you buy them ahead of time in order to break them in. How are the quality of the boots? Ye Olde Amazon reviews aren't kind to Hi-Tec, mostly talking about them falling apart and quality control having gone down the crapper in the last couple of years. Has anyone around here given them a test run?
App & P1 12/19
M&G 1/20
P2W 2/20
P2I 5/20
CJO/BI/86 6/20
Poly 7/20
Med 8/20
Adj/Pre-Q 10/20
Goal 1/21
FBItoHRT  
#149 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 10:26:36 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
sorry man, the only boots i have are winter REI ones. And they are 100% not for running
GovGuy25  
#150 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 11:36:24 AM(UTC)
GovGuy25

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
What facilities do NATs have access to when out of class?
To be honest, I have minimal experience handling a gun, so I would probably want to spend additional time at the range to ensure I can make passing marks. Is this allowed?

CLARK5  
#151 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2020 4:49:46 PM(UTC)
CLARK5

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GhostyBoy Go to Quoted Post
Looking over the packing list, they mention Hi-Tec boots being available on site but then suggesting you buy them ahead of time in order to break them in. How are the quality of the boots? Ye Olde Amazon reviews aren't kind to Hi-Tec, mostly talking about them falling apart and quality control having gone down the crapper in the last couple of years. Has anyone around here given them a test run?

They are probably referring to boots being available at the PX on the marine base. I don't know of any available here at the Academy. The PX here in our Academy is more of a gift shop (clothes, snacks, mugs, hats, etc.) They do sell the 5-11's we use for our uniform, belts and PT gear but the main PX on the Marine Base has an entire footwear section, that could be an option if you have a vehicle. If you do happen to order from Amazon and need to return them, there is a small post office right by the cafeteria where you can return Amazon purchases if you print the return label and hand it to them. Hope this helps.
APP 5/3/19
PI 5/11
MG 6/19
PFT 6/26
PII(W) 6/28
PII (I)8/27
COA 9/6
PSI 10/2
POLY 12/9
MED 1/15
PRE-Q PFT 2/12
OFFER 7/24
Q-8/16
thanks 1 user thanked CLARK5 for this useful post.
GhostyBoy on 11/29/2020(UTC)
CLARK5  
#152 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2020 4:54:03 PM(UTC)
CLARK5

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GovGuy25 Go to Quoted Post
What facilities do NATs have access to when out of class?
To be honest, I have minimal experience handling a gun, so I would probably want to spend additional time at the range to ensure I can make passing marks. Is this allowed?

You will have red handles in the dorm hallways that you can practice with. They suggest practicing with those every day. I wouldn't let the minimal experience worry you, that can actually be an advantage, as you do not have bad habits to break. Also, you aren't alone, many of us didn't have prior experience, but these instructors are amazing and teach very well. You get a lot of time on the range and if you practice with the red handles I believe you will do just fine!
APP 5/3/19
PI 5/11
MG 6/19
PFT 6/26
PII(W) 6/28
PII (I)8/27
COA 9/6
PSI 10/2
POLY 12/9
MED 1/15
PRE-Q PFT 2/12
OFFER 7/24
Q-8/16
Avacado13  
#153 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 4:51:29 PM(UTC)
Avacado13

United States

To those at Q now,

What are the amenities in the rooms like currently? I know we'll be locked down a bit and looking to make the best of it and what to bring.

Thanks,
See you in a week
dtm81  
#154 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 9:24:40 AM(UTC)
dtm81

Anyone with any last minute questions before their arrival this weekend, feel free to DM me.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed