Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

12 Pages«<9101112>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
S. Florida Chick  
#201 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2021 7:40:18 AM(UTC)
S. Florida Chick

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/14/2021(UTC)
Posts: 15
United States
Location: Miami

Thanks: 31 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
When you are looking for housing, everyone is buying houses while being on probation for two years?

Curious to know. I was more so looking at rental options.
FuzzyWuzzy  
#202 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2021 10:08:36 AM(UTC)
FuzzyWuzzy

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/17/2021(UTC)
Posts: 6
United States

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I read somewhere about "suitability notations" during the Academy. Word is that once you have enough of these, you get called to a review board and can get dropped from the Academy.

Do you get them from normal infractions like being late to class, not bringing your books to class, or failing at a training event? It sounds like demerits you can get in some military schools such as not packing the correct packing lists or being out of uniform.

Any insight that can be shared will be appreciated. If you are on time to all of your classes and events and a decent student, do you need to worry about this?

Honorthecode  
#203 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 2:29:17 PM(UTC)
Honorthecode

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/22/2019(UTC)
Posts: 57
United States

Thanks: 12 times
Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jcam85 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jreff22 Go to Quoted Post
Make sure you have business attire and business casual attire with you.


How often are you in business casual attire? I plan on taking 2 suits and 4 dress shirts for business attire, but wondering if 1 pair of khaki pants and 1 or 2 polos would be enough for business casual...

Also, I'm certain I'll have to wear long-sleeved undershirts because I have tattoos, are there any restrictions on what kind of fabric/brand it has to be?



Anybody have an answer to the long sleeves question? I have tattoos as well and am expecting to have to cover them during the academy.

Thanks!
CriminalIA  
#204 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 4:12:04 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/30/2015(UTC)
Posts: 150
United States

Thanks: 61 times
Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Honorthecode Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jcam85 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jreff22 Go to Quoted Post
Make sure you have business attire and business casual attire with you.


How often are you in business casual attire? I plan on taking 2 suits and 4 dress shirts for business attire, but wondering if 1 pair of khaki pants and 1 or 2 polos would be enough for business casual...

Also, I'm certain I'll have to wear long-sleeved undershirts because I have tattoos, are there any restrictions on what kind of fabric/brand it has to be?



Anybody have an answer to the long sleeves question? I have tattoos as well and am expecting to have to cover them during the academy.

Thanks!




From the IASP info packet page 38 (https://www.fbijobs.gov/career-paths/intelligence-analysts ... [Link near the bottom of that page] the special agent booklet should have the same info - I'm just more familiar with this one since I'm an IA candidate): "If a tattoo is determined to be disruptive to the learning environment, the trainee will be required to cover the tattoo(s) by acquiring similarly colored long sleeves or a long-sleeved shirt to wear under his or her polo."

This page (https://www.fbijobs.gov/working-at-FBI/academy) says: "Candidates with visible tattoos must wear dark blue or black long-sleeved T-shirts."

The suggested NAT packing list (https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/suggested-packing-list-for-new-agent-trainees/view) says navy short and long sleeved undershirts.

The suggested NIAT packing list (https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/suggested-packing-list-for-new-intelligence-analysts.pdf/view) days the same.

I would imagine navy would be a good option.

thanks 1 user thanked CriminalIA for this useful post.
cmar on 8/19/2021(UTC)
Honorthecode  
#205 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 4:16:26 PM(UTC)
Honorthecode

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/22/2019(UTC)
Posts: 57
United States

Thanks: 12 times
Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 20 post(s)
They just aren’t very clear on the material. Obviously some sort of wicking undershirt would be better but not sure if they want it to be cotton (and thank you).
emaichbe03  
#206 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2021 2:13:17 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/20/2012(UTC)
Posts: 359

Thanks: 26 times
Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 98 post(s)
You can wear moisture wicking.

Everyone’s tattoos were out loud and proud.
Honorthecode  
#207 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2021 6:56:15 AM(UTC)
Honorthecode

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/22/2019(UTC)
Posts: 57
United States

Thanks: 12 times
Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: emaichbe03 Go to Quoted Post
You can wear moisture wicking.

Everyone’s tattoos were out loud and proud.


Love it. Thanks!
Dashyfor  
#208 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2021 9:47:03 AM(UTC)
Dashyfor

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/29/2019(UTC)
Posts: 31
United States
Location: South Carolina

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Any IA's want to post their FO selection experience? Do IA just get sent to field offices or will they be sent to RA's as well?
Applied: October 2018
P1/P2: December 2018
P3: February 2020
CJO: Feb 2020
Poly: July 2020
BI: Jan 2022
Q: TBD
thanks 1 user thanked Dashyfor for this useful post.
cmar on 8/24/2021(UTC)
CriminalIA  
#209 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2021 11:33:03 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/30/2015(UTC)
Posts: 150
United States

Thanks: 61 times
Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Uniform question:

I am looking at the 5.11 tactical pants and wondering which version was most recently being used/issued. After looking at the academy website and watching some videos it looks like some are the cotton canvas tactical style, and some look more similar to the taclite pro. I can use these outside of work and don't mind purchasing a pair before arrival for sizing purposes and to have an extra pair in rotation. Does anyone know which style would be right?
CriminalIA  
#210 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2021 12:30:48 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/30/2015(UTC)
Posts: 150
United States

Thanks: 61 times
Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Honorthecode Go to Quoted Post
They just aren’t very clear on the material. Obviously some sort of wicking undershirt would be better but not sure if they want it to be cotton (and thank you).



I was a passenger in a vehicle with a driver that was making my heart race (read: almost in an accident several times 😳) when I read the question... And just realized that although I thought the question was about color, it wasn't. Sorry! I should've paid more attention! 🤦‍♀️
thanks 1 user thanked CriminalIA for this useful post.
Honorthecode on 8/26/2021(UTC)
BlueRidge73  
#211 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2021 2:24:34 AM(UTC)
BlueRidge73

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/29/2021(UTC)
Posts: 2
United States
Location: Virginia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Honorthecode Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jcam85 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jreff22 Go to Quoted Post
Make sure you have business attire and business casual attire with you.


How often are you in business casual attire? I plan on taking 2 suits and 4 dress shirts for business attire, but wondering if 1 pair of khaki pants and 1 or 2 polos would be enough for business casual...

Also, I'm certain I'll have to wear long-sleeved undershirts because I have tattoos, are there any restrictions on what kind of fabric/brand it has to be?



Anybody have an answer to the long sleeves question? I have tattoos as well and am expecting to have to cover them during the academy.

Thanks!


Like other posters indicated, visible tattoos are OK as long as they are not offensive. I have full sleeves and there were a lot of other students with visible ink. To my knowledge nobody was asked to cover them.

I brought 5 navy blue moisture-wicking shirts (Under Armour heat-gear knock-offs) just in case. I wore them a couple times on the range to keep the sun off. Some folks had the same in black. No issues with either.
thanks 1 user thanked BlueRidge73 for this useful post.
1811_Z on 9/4/2021(UTC)
BlueRidge73  
#212 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2021 2:27:50 AM(UTC)
BlueRidge73

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/29/2021(UTC)
Posts: 2
United States
Location: Virginia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FuzzyWuzzy Go to Quoted Post
I read somewhere about "suitability notations" during the Academy. Word is that once you have enough of these, you get called to a review board and can get dropped from the Academy.

Do you get them from normal infractions like being late to class, not bringing your books to class, or failing at a training event? It sounds like demerits you can get in some military schools such as not packing the correct packing lists or being out of uniform.

Any insight that can be shared will be appreciated. If you are on time to all of your classes and events and a decent student, do you need to worry about this?



No need to fret about suitability notations if you are at the right place, at the right time, and with proper uniform/equipment, have a good attitude, and put the time into studying/practicing. They will explain the Academy/graduation requirements in great detail when you get there.
cmar  
#213 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 4:22:28 AM(UTC)
cmar

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/21/2020(UTC)
Posts: 97
United States
Location: Ohio

Thanks: 75 times
Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Has anyone with an upcoming academy class reached out to Theresa with questions they’ve had? If so, and you’ve received a response, please share any information you’ve received. I’ve been compiling a list of questions I have about the academy (and after), but I’m not sure when is a good time to pose those questions and if they should be to her!
IA App: Aug ‘18
I+II: Dec ‘18
III: Nov ‘19
CJO: Dec ‘19
Poly: Jan ‘20
Adjudicated: Mar ‘21
Q: Feb '22
CriminalIA  
#214 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2021 6:20:08 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/30/2015(UTC)
Posts: 150
United States

Thanks: 61 times
Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cmar Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone with an upcoming academy class reached out to Theresa with questions they’ve had? If so, and you’ve received a response, please share any information you’ve received. I’ve been compiling a list of questions I have about the academy (and after), but I’m not sure when is a good time to pose those questions and if they should be to her!


I, too, have questions, but don't feel like she'd be the right person to ask because they are nice-to-know rather than need-to-know things. Here are a few in case anyone sees this and can provide insight:

Do we have roommates?

What's the internet situation in the dorms? Is the cell signal adequate enough to use a personal wifi hotspot, or is that not necessary?

Do we need to bring any bedding items like sheets, blankets, or pillow cases?

Are the field trips still occurring, or have those been suspended due to COVID (9/11 Memorial & Museum, MLK Memorial, Holocaust Museum)? This one is purely for knowing how to pack since I should be in the January class.

Are we allowed - or do we have time in the evenings or on the weekends - to go to the Commissary or MCX if we need anything?

thanks 1 user thanked CriminalIA for this useful post.
cmar on 10/3/2021(UTC)
Amalgamation  
#215 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 2:20:15 PM(UTC)
Amalgamation

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/31/2020(UTC)
Posts: 38
United States

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CriminalIA Go to Quoted Post

I, too, have questions, but don't feel like she'd be the right person to ask because they are nice-to-know rather than need-to-know things. Here are a few in case anyone sees this and can provide insight:

Do we have roommates?

What's the internet situation in the dorms? Is the cell signal adequate enough to use a personal wifi hotspot, or is that not necessary?

Do we need to bring any bedding items like sheets, blankets, or pillow cases?

Are the field trips still occurring, or have those been suspended due to COVID (9/11 Memorial & Museum, MLK Memorial, Holocaust Museum)? This one is purely for knowing how to pack since I should be in the January class.

Are we allowed - or do we have time in the evenings or on the weekends - to go to the Commissary or MCX if we need anything?



Things are ramping back up after COVID; here's how it was as of September:

-Yes, you have roommates. They might room you separately for a 2-week quarantine, but then you get roommates. No, you don't get to pick your roommates. Rooms are 2 single beds, and you share a bathroom with another room. Bathroom is 1 toilet in a stall, 2 sinks, and a 2'x3' shower with a curtain. You will only be roomed with other IAs in your squad of the same gender.

-The internet situation is decent. The wifi is free, and you can connect up to three devices to it, including your bureau-issued devices. The cell signal is very spotty. Sometimes it'll be normal, sometimes you won't even get notice that someone is texting/ calling.

-Bedding is provided: fitted and flat sheets, a pillow and pillowcase, a light blanket, and a bedspread-type cover. The rooms are kept fairly cool, so if you get cold easily, bring your own blanket or budget to grab one from a nearby store.

-I was there toward the end of the lockdown, and we still did one or two field trips. You're probably not going to go to museums or 9/11 yet, but we went on at least 1 day trip.

-Yes, classes end at 5pm unless there's a presentation that they will tell you about ahead of time; on most nights, you have time to head out to the MCX on-base or local stores in Stafford. There will be days where you are slammed with homework, but those were not the first few weeks.
thanks 2 users thanked Amalgamation for this useful post.
No Factor on 10/21/2021(UTC), CriminalIA on 10/21/2021(UTC)
Annino  
#216 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 3:08:20 PM(UTC)
Annino

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/23/2013(UTC)
Posts: 564

Thanks: 73 times
Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Amalgamation Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CriminalIA Go to Quoted Post

I, too, have questions, but don't feel like she'd be the right person to ask because they are nice-to-know rather than need-to-know things. Here are a few in case anyone sees this and can provide insight:

Do we have roommates?

What's the internet situation in the dorms? Is the cell signal adequate enough to use a personal wifi hotspot, or is that not necessary?

Do we need to bring any bedding items like sheets, blankets, or pillow cases?

Are the field trips still occurring, or have those been suspended due to COVID (9/11 Memorial & Museum, MLK Memorial, Holocaust Museum)? This one is purely for knowing how to pack since I should be in the January class.

Are we allowed - or do we have time in the evenings or on the weekends - to go to the Commissary or MCX if we need anything?



Things are ramping back up after COVID; here's how it was as of September:

-Yes, you have roommates. They might room you separately for a 2-week quarantine, but then you get roommates. No, you don't get to pick your roommates. Rooms are 2 single beds, and you share a bathroom with another room. Bathroom is 1 toilet in a stall, 2 sinks, and a 2'x3' shower with a curtain. You will only be roomed with other IAs in your squad of the same gender.

-The internet situation is decent. The wifi is free, and you can connect up to three devices to it, including your bureau-issued devices. The cell signal is very spotty. Sometimes it'll be normal, sometimes you won't even get notice that someone is texting/ calling.

-Bedding is provided: fitted and flat sheets, a pillow and pillowcase, a light blanket, and a bedspread-type cover. The rooms are kept fairly cool, so if you get cold easily, bring your own blanket or budget to grab one from a nearby store.

-I was there toward the end of the lockdown, and we still did one or two field trips. You're probably not going to go to museums or 9/11 yet, but we went on at least 1 day trip.

-Yes, classes end at 5pm unless there's a presentation that they will tell you about ahead of time; on most nights, you have time to head out to the MCX on-base or local stores in Stafford. There will be days where you are slammed with homework, but those were not the first few weeks.


Thank you. Are they allowing people off base for overnights yet?
Amalgamation  
#217 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 3:35:49 PM(UTC)
Amalgamation

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/31/2020(UTC)
Posts: 38
United States

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post


Thank you. Are they allowing people off base for overnights yet?


Yes, as of mid-October, you can leave overnight.
thanks 1 user thanked Amalgamation for this useful post.
BoundMorpheme on 10/21/2021(UTC)
Dispatch  
#218 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 4:27:10 AM(UTC)
Dispatch

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/7/2021(UTC)
Posts: 6

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Few low priority questions if you have time.

1. Was PT in the morning M/W/F and was it usually just circuit training? Just curious, currently work nights and will have to learn to switch my schedule around pretty quick, was going to start doing things different if that was what previous classes experienced.

2. I’ve read about the food situation, but what about stuff like Coffee? I read previously you can’t have a coffee maker in your room, but I’m assuming they would serve it during meals? Can’t be the only one with a crippling coffee addiction.

3. Were you able to bring a laptop or a iPad / should you bring one to do work?

4. What service for the cell phone do you have? You mentioned it’s spotty. I posted in another thread that I have AT&T because its the only thing that works were I live now, but would switch to whatever if it works down there.

Thanks

CriminalIA  
#219 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 4:45:45 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/30/2015(UTC)
Posts: 150
United States

Thanks: 61 times
Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dispatch Go to Quoted Post
Few low priority questions if you have time.

1. Was PT in the morning M/W/F and was it usually just circuit training? Just curious, currently work nights and will have to learn to switch my schedule around pretty quick, was going to start doing things different if that was what previous classes experienced.

2. I’ve read about the food situation, but what about stuff like Coffee? I read previously you can’t have a coffee maker in your room, but I’m assuming they would serve it during meals? Can’t be the only one with a crippling coffee addiction.

3. Were you able to bring a laptop or a iPad / should you bring one to do work?

4. What service for the cell phone do you have? You mentioned it’s spotty. I posted in another thread that I have AT&T because its the only thing that works were I live now, but would switch to whatever if it works down there.

Thanks



I'm chuckling at your coffee comment over here because it's a question I wanted to ask but didn't! I wouldn't say I have a crippling coffee addiction (I'm really just a morning drinker - afternoons only if I'm really struggling), but I do enjoy a 20oz mug full every morning. I thought that I could always do press pot, but even then I need nice, hot water and would have to forego the coffee grinder. Better start adjusting now if I will be paring it down to a 6-8oz cup with breakfast. I don't mind, but do want to be prepared. 😁

CriminalIA  
#220 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 4:47:54 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/30/2015(UTC)
Posts: 150
United States

Thanks: 61 times
Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Amalgamation Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CriminalIA Go to Quoted Post

I, too, have questions, but don't feel like she'd be the right person to ask because they are nice-to-know rather than need-to-know things. Here are a few in case anyone sees this and can provide insight:

Do we have roommates?

What's the internet situation in the dorms? Is the cell signal adequate enough to use a personal wifi hotspot, or is that not necessary?

Do we need to bring any bedding items like sheets, blankets, or pillow cases?

Are the field trips still occurring, or have those been suspended due to COVID (9/11 Memorial & Museum, MLK Memorial, Holocaust Museum)? This one is purely for knowing how to pack since I should be in the January class.

Are we allowed - or do we have time in the evenings or on the weekends - to go to the Commissary or MCX if we need anything?



Things are ramping back up after COVID; here's how it was as of September:

-Yes, you have roommates. They might room you separately for a 2-week quarantine, but then you get roommates. No, you don't get to pick your roommates. Rooms are 2 single beds, and you share a bathroom with another room. Bathroom is 1 toilet in a stall, 2 sinks, and a 2'x3' shower with a curtain. You will only be roomed with other IAs in your squad of the same gender.

-The internet situation is decent. The wifi is free, and you can connect up to three devices to it, including your bureau-issued devices. The cell signal is very spotty. Sometimes it'll be normal, sometimes you won't even get notice that someone is texting/ calling.

-Bedding is provided: fitted and flat sheets, a pillow and pillowcase, a light blanket, and a bedspread-type cover. The rooms are kept fairly cool, so if you get cold easily, bring your own blanket or budget to grab one from a nearby store.

-I was there toward the end of the lockdown, and we still did one or two field trips. You're probably not going to go to museums or 9/11 yet, but we went on at least 1 day trip.

-Yes, classes end at 5pm unless there's a presentation that they will tell you about ahead of time; on most nights, you have time to head out to the MCX on-base or local stores in Stafford. There will be days where you are slammed with homework, but those were not the first few weeks.


Excellent follow-up! Thank you!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
12 Pages«<9101112>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2022, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.414 seconds.