Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

12 Pages«<678910>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GovGuy25  
#141 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 11:36:24 AM(UTC)
GovGuy25

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
What facilities do NATs have access to when out of class?
To be honest, I have minimal experience handling a gun, so I would probably want to spend additional time at the range to ensure I can make passing marks. Is this allowed?

CLARK5  
#142 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2020 4:49:46 PM(UTC)
CLARK5

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GhostyBoy Go to Quoted Post
Looking over the packing list, they mention Hi-Tec boots being available on site but then suggesting you buy them ahead of time in order to break them in. How are the quality of the boots? Ye Olde Amazon reviews aren't kind to Hi-Tec, mostly talking about them falling apart and quality control having gone down the crapper in the last couple of years. Has anyone around here given them a test run?

They are probably referring to boots being available at the PX on the marine base. I don't know of any available here at the Academy. The PX here in our Academy is more of a gift shop (clothes, snacks, mugs, hats, etc.) They do sell the 5-11's we use for our uniform, belts and PT gear but the main PX on the Marine Base has an entire footwear section, that could be an option if you have a vehicle. If you do happen to order from Amazon and need to return them, there is a small post office right by the cafeteria where you can return Amazon purchases if you print the return label and hand it to them. Hope this helps.
APP 5/3/19
PI 5/11
MG 6/19
PFT 6/26
PII(W) 6/28
PII (I)8/27
COA 9/6
PSI 10/2
POLY 12/9
MED 1/15
PRE-Q PFT 2/12
OFFER 7/24
Q-8/16
thanks 1 user thanked CLARK5 for this useful post.
GhostyBoy on 11/29/2020(UTC)
CLARK5  
#143 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2020 4:54:03 PM(UTC)
CLARK5

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GovGuy25 Go to Quoted Post
What facilities do NATs have access to when out of class?
To be honest, I have minimal experience handling a gun, so I would probably want to spend additional time at the range to ensure I can make passing marks. Is this allowed?

You will have red handles in the dorm hallways that you can practice with. They suggest practicing with those every day. I wouldn't let the minimal experience worry you, that can actually be an advantage, as you do not have bad habits to break. Also, you aren't alone, many of us didn't have prior experience, but these instructors are amazing and teach very well. You get a lot of time on the range and if you practice with the red handles I believe you will do just fine!
APP 5/3/19
PI 5/11
MG 6/19
PFT 6/26
PII(W) 6/28
PII (I)8/27
COA 9/6
PSI 10/2
POLY 12/9
MED 1/15
PRE-Q PFT 2/12
OFFER 7/24
Q-8/16
Avacado13  
#144 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 4:51:29 PM(UTC)
Avacado13

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
To those at Q now,

What are the amenities in the rooms like currently? I know we'll be locked down a bit and looking to make the best of it and what to bring.

Thanks,
See you in a week
dtm81  
#145 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 9:24:40 AM(UTC)
dtm81

Anyone with any last minute questions before their arrival this weekend, feel free to DM me.
Hyrule64  
#146 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2020 12:11:24 PM(UTC)
Hyrule64

United States

Hello! First time posting here. I have a question about what we can bring to Quantico. Are we allowed to bring items like a handheld clothes steamer, heating pad/blanket, and hair blow dryer?
Also is there anywhere at Quantico that would we could buy toiletries and laundry soap? We aren’t allowed off base anymore so I wanna know if they have it on base instead.
And are there hangers in the dorms for our clothes? I just wanna know if I gotta bring my own hahaha
GovGuy25  
#147 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2021 10:02:44 PM(UTC)
GovGuy25

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
You mention goong stir crazy during quarantine, has anyone brought a musical instrument during their time there?
Gnocchi16  
#148 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2021 6:33:05 AM(UTC)
Gnocchi16

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)
You mentioned moving dorms after quarantine. Do you then have a roommate or are they still single rooms? Why no coffee pot after you move?
gb  
#149 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 4:34:45 PM(UTC)
gb

United States

Heading to Quantico Sunday. Are there computers we can use in the library? I was told the dorm rooms don't lock, so I'm not planning on taking my laptop. Also, is there a church on the campus? Thanks--
TexasBoy1989  
#150 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 5:30:36 PM(UTC)
TexasBoy1989

Man
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gb Go to Quoted Post
Heading to Quantico Sunday. Are there computers we can use in the library? I was told the dorm rooms don't lock, so I'm not planning on taking my laptop. Also, is there a church on the campus? Thanks--

Lol the dorm rooms lock so someone definitely lied to you. I have my laptop and PS4 plus so you'll be fine lol

JessElizabeth  
#151 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 6:36:35 PM(UTC)
JessElizabeth

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Does anyone happen to know how long you have after graduation to move into the city in which your field office is in before having to start working?
TexasBoy1989  
#152 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 6:56:43 PM(UTC)
TexasBoy1989

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: JessElizabeth Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone happen to know how long you have after graduation to move into the city in which your field office is in before having to start working?

Depends on which FO you get assigned. The class that just graduated ranged anywhere from 1 week to 1 month so there is no definitive answer for that.
1995JeepCherokee  
#153 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 6:58:59 PM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Any word on future class dates? I guess next one is Feb 1 if gb is going to the Q this Sunday.
eastwest  
#154 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 2:49:16 AM(UTC)
eastwest

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Yes, my admin also mentioned next class is probably sometime in Feb.
TexasBoy1989  
#155 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2021 8:00:46 PM(UTC)
TexasBoy1989

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: 1995JeepCherokee Go to Quoted Post
Any word on future class dates? I guess next one is Feb 1 if gb is going to the Q this Sunday.

I believe the next class is in April from the rumblings i've been hearing around Q. Trying to limit number of people on campus bc ya know... Covid
4X4Outdoors  
#156 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 12:30:22 PM(UTC)
4X4Outdoors

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TexasBoy1989 Go to Quoted Post

I believe the next class is in April from the rumblings i've been hearing around Q. Trying to limit number of people on campus bc ya know... Covid

New poster here (it took a long time for the account setup process to work), but I've heard the same regarding April being the next class. I'm currently at Q.

FBI21  
#157 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 7:08:22 AM(UTC)
FBI21

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 4X4Outdoors Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TexasBoy1989 Go to Quoted Post

New poster here (it took a long time for the account setup process to work), but I've heard the same regarding April being the next class. I'm currently at Q.

There is one in April and one in May per my AC
TxShortie88  
#158 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2021 11:05:47 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 50 post(s)
For those who are currently at Q or have already been... when choosing a location, are you only choosing from Field Office locations, or any location? And when they place you, are you placed strictly in a field office or can you also be placed in a resident office?
kiros  
#159 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2021 1:10:34 PM(UTC)
kiros

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TxShortie88 Go to Quoted Post
For those who are currently at Q or have already been... when choosing a location, are you only choosing from Field Office locations, or any location? And when they place you, are you placed strictly in a field office or can you also be placed in a resident office?

Field office location. You can be placed in a FO or an RA. It depends on the needs and policy of the FO.

People should spend a lot of time working on their lists. The top 3/top 5 stats are tilted by people putting down NYC/LA/Chicago or by individuals who have a special circumstance, e.g. a spouse in bureau also at that office.

There is no perceivable reason to why people get the picks. There are people who put a desirable FO as their #7 and get it while people who put it as their #1 don't. If you are dead-set against going to someplace like NYC, you better put it in the 50s.

If you are not ok getting a FO outside of your top 10 and it's a deal-breaker for you, you should heavily consider not attending. This isn't meant to sound intimidating but there are several people who have quit over FO assignments.
TxShortie88  
#160 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2021 2:24:32 PM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 50 post(s)
That is kinda why I'm surprised FBI waits til the academy to assign locations. DEA had the same issues, with people quitting over their chosen location, and DEA assigns locations prior to the academy.

Originally Posted by: kiros Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TxShortie88 Go to Quoted Post

Field office location. You can be placed in a FO or an RA. It depends on the needs and policy of the FO.

People should spend a lot of time working on their lists. The top 3/top 5 stats are tilted by people putting down NYC/LA/Chicago or by individuals who have a special circumstance, e.g. a spouse in bureau also at that office.

There is no perceivable reason to why people get the picks. There are people who put a desirable FO as their #7 and get it while people who put it as their #1 don't. If you are dead-set against going to someplace like NYC, you better put it in the 50s.

If you are not ok getting a FO outside of your top 10 and it's a deal-breaker for you, you should heavily consider not attending. This isn't meant to sound intimidating but there are several people who have quit over FO assignments.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed