Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

TSP

Administered by the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, this defined contribution plan for federal employees has roughly 4,614,874 participants, and over $358 billion in assets under management. Ask your TSP questions and post related topics here.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dtuhome  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 7:08:56 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

NARFE provided a webinar on "New TSP Withdrawal Rules" by Mark Keen, CFP, on 9/30/19.

He states TSP withdrawal changes eliminating ONLY proportional traditional and Roth withdrawals results in several advantages. One advantage noted on a slide 12 bullet states, "May take the RMD attributed to Roth balance from Traditional balance". The webinar discussion on goes on to explain that this could be done unless one only has Roth TSP funds in their account and briefly discusses a couple of tax advantage examples associated with this point.

The webinar and power point slides (pdf) are available at https://www.narfe.org/fe...tsinstitute/?fa=webinars

This is the information I was after in my previous TSP Federal soup post to you. This important information is not discussed in your "My Federal Retirement New TSP Withdrawal Changes" articles.
You may disagree but Mr. Keen is voicing the same info as the TSP office reps. Your take on the webinar and slides regarding this point?

Thanks, Dave
Rss Feed  Atom Feed