Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dorothy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 8:32:56 AM(UTC)
Dorothy

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello,
Our office has a clerk retiring at the end of this month. Our union has confirmed that we are eligable for a transfer. The question is; (and my union has not gotten back to me on this) there are two people in ereassign for this office. What are the rules regarding which one gets the transfer? From what I have read, I understood it would go by seniority but management is saying they get to choose.
Thank you
tim4steward  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 9:04:20 AM(UTC)
tim4steward

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
First come, first served. Management can refuse them if their attendance is bad or they have a bad safety record. I may be wrong but I think that is the only reason they can pass over them.
postalvet  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 6:46:12 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2882 time(s) in 2277 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dorothy Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
Our office has a clerk retiring at the end of this month. Our union has confirmed that we are eligable for a transfer. The question is; (and my union has not gotten back to me on this) there are two people in ereassign for this office. What are the rules regarding which one gets the transfer? From what I have read, I understood it would go by seniority but management is saying they get to choose.
Thank you

how can you be eligible to transfer if it is in the same office? you said "our office has a clerk".

are there any ptf's to be converted?
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
canyoneer  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 7:06:46 PM(UTC)
canyoneer

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
It is first come, first served. Not by seniority. This isn’t bidding. Like a previous poster said. Only thing that would make management pass over one for the other would be attendance or discipline issues.
MPE2009  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 8:28:59 AM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 489 time(s) in 377 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tim4steward Go to Quoted Post
First come, first served. Management can refuse them if their attendance is bad or they have a bad safety record. I may be wrong but I think that is the only reason they can pass over them.

and based upon supervisor evaluation...
Southernclerk  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 6:47:22 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Would it not be if a clerk is within the same installation, the position is filled by seniority?

And if it is outside the installation, it is first come, first serve . . . which basically would be who made a request first in eReassign?

roger.d  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 7:29:22 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 750 time(s) in 586 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Southernclerk Go to Quoted Post
Would it not be if a clerk is within the same installation, the position is filled by seniority?

The OP is not asking about this senerio.
Learn to discipline yourself, so someone else doesn't have to
JustSomeClerk  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 5:22:53 PM(UTC)
JustSomeClerk

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Originally Posted by: roger.d Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Southernclerk Go to Quoted Post

The OP is not asking about this senerio.

I understand that the OP isn't asking about this scenario. I just want to clarify that I understand the situation correctly. Since the position is even IN eReassign means that no eligible clerk within the installation wanted it, correct??
Dorothy  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 4:32:12 AM(UTC)
Dorothy

United States

The clerk is retiring at the end of the month. I am an ftr here and plan to bid the vacancy. The new vacancy will be left by me which no one here intends to bid. Since the ratio is 6/1 for transfer, our union says we are on transfer. I know there are at least two people in ereassign and we don't have a union steward here so I need to make sure things are done right. We are a level 21 so there are no ptf's but our pse's are unhappy to not get to move up.
Now the saga continues because the girl in ereassign that wasn't in first told me that she called HR and was told that she will get the next FT job when our next clerk retires in January because the union contracts are in limbo and they are pulling from ereassign only (no promotions) until the contracts are resolved. Any one know if there is truth to this??
Thank you to everyone for the help!
Hannah Blecter  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 7:37:40 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blecter

Was thanked: 1220 time(s) in 832 post(s)
Any chance you know the history of conversions and transfers and could post them?

In general (not craft specific) as I understand it, you don't have to follow a certain pattern for these 1 in 4 or 1 in 6. For instance, if you had a transfer could you then not convert 7 or even 10 locals before you take the next transfer? Or have a transfer at the end of the 1 in 6 and then have another transfer immediately as part of the next batch of 1 in 6?

I think the clerk rules are strongly in favor of PSEs over transfers. But I don't know all the details.
postalvet  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 7:55:49 AM(UTC)
postalvet

The new vacancy will be left by me which no one here intends to bid. !

you might say this now but you can not see the future.

someone might come out of the nowhere and bid the job, or management might change it and then someone will want it.

so you never know!
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
Dorothy  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 10:59:38 AM(UTC)
Dorothy

United States

There's only 5 of us FTRs so we kinda talk and I know no one wants the vacancy I am bidding and then there will be a Full time vacancy left for whatever happens. We had 1 transfer then 7 promotions. Our one pse has worked for the post office 30 years - she's the one who is way past due for a promotion. Our union is so hard to get answers from!!
postalvet  
#13 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 1:50:00 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Our one pse has worked for the post office 30 years - she's the one who is way past due for a promotion. Our union is so hard to get answers from!!

how can this be when the PSE has only been around for a short time?
Hannah Blecter  
#14 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 2:34:59 PM(UTC)
Hannah Blecter

Was thanked: 1220 time(s) in 832 post(s)
"Since the ratio is 6/1 for transfer, our union says we are on transfer."

"We had 1 transfer then 7 promotions."

Would this not mean it is up to management for the next few openings? I don't understand why the union would say transfer is next. Unless they have a buddy who wants to transfer. If I were a PSE I would not feel my union was earning my dues if they did not want me to be promoted next.

Also, "There's only 5 of us FTRs"

If you have 5 FTR clerks and have had 1 transfer and 7 promotions since the 1 in 6 rules started, do your clerks hate their jobs or are you always hiring old folk?

Edited by user Friday, October 11, 2019 2:38:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dorothy  
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 3:11:08 PM(UTC)
Dorothy

United States

Seven promotions because when our office was level 20 we were all ptf and our office level went to 21 and we all had to promote to ftr. One took a different job instead of being excessed and another is an ntft in our rmpo. (He does not want any other job - he is happy where he is.) The 30yr pse was a pmr in our 4hr rmpo in our cluster.
I'm going to advise her to call our union and see what she can do.
roger.d  
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 7:15:51 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 750 time(s) in 586 post(s)
Seven promotions because when our office was level 20 we were all ptf and our office level went to 21 and we all had to promote to ftr. One took a different job instead of being excessed and another is an ntft in our rmpo. (He does not want any other job - he is happy where he is.) The 30yr pse was a pmr in our 4hr rmpo in our cluster.
I'm going to advise her to call our union and see what she can do.

PTF to FTR is not part of the equation. Only PSE to career (PTF or FTR) count.

Learn to discipline yourself, so someone else doesn't have to
Dorothy  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 4:28:10 AM(UTC)
Dorothy

United States

That is great to know! I will let the others know that. Thank you!!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed