Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cush Cush  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 6:20:01 PM(UTC)
Cush Cush

Groups: Registered
United States

I was told today to leave app. 6ft of flats. I said okay I need a 1571. I was than told pull it down first than you will get one. I did know a condition other than leaving mail and bringing back mail had to be met to get a 1571. So I pull down load my vehicle up go back inside I am ready for my 1571. I get my 1571 fill it out. Um Can i get a copy no you can go deliver your mail and a copy will be given to you when you return. We go back and forth my manager states that I have "witness" hearing her give me this information they are the OIC, Formal A rep, two different 204b, 1 clerk. I told her I dont see a witness and that I could be prosecuted for leaving mail. The OIC said we just had "training" on the M41 and you are to follow your supervisor instructions or you can go home. So he technically didn't put me off the floor, but the Formal A rep said no if you put him off the floor you have to pay him, (never once said just give him a copy) but since he has supervisor-sense he said you can II him for FTFI. So I got a PID for FTFI of not leaving to go deliver my mail with out a 1571.
So that's the background, the question is are they supposed to provide you with forms immediately, sign them and give you a copy immediately? Thanks for the advice
Cush Cush  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 6:25:35 PM(UTC)
Cush Cush

United States

Well got the first part out of the M-41

Issue Form 1571 when the carrier is instructed to curtail mail, indicating
action thereon. Upon request, a duplicate of the completed form will be
provided the carrier.
Seadogg  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 6:36:41 PM(UTC)
Seadogg

Was thanked: 560 time(s) in 373 post(s)
There must be more to this story, as this is not a normal interaction between employee and supervisor. Why in this situation were both sides so adamant? Why were you so insistent? You didn't seriously think you would be "prosecuted" for following instructions and curtailing mail. On the other hand, why did your boss not just give you the form and the copy? Perhaps there is more going on here, but at first glance it looks like a ****-waving contest.
thanks 1 user thanked Seadogg for this useful post.
MPE2009 on 10/9/2019(UTC)
Cush Cush  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 7:06:31 PM(UTC)
Cush Cush

United States

We don't get copies of PS forms 3996 even if we file them in duplicated, we don't get signed 3971 someone always has to witness them as management doesn't sign stating acknowledge and than addressing them later, we dont get 1571 without meeting other requirements. And seriously "we" means a bunch of other carriers. I don't put it past management when they call the postal police at least 5 times a month. The OIC has already stated to the union that he will back his supervisor even if he knows they are doing the wrong thing. So pissing contest not really, just give people forms upon request, sign and give a copy upon request we should not be in one installation where they are 500+ grievances with 50 routes and we are just in October.

You didn't seriously think you would be "prosecuted" for following instructions and curtailing mail.

Forgot to state I started my day with around 9ft of flats to case on a route that I am unfamiliar with. When brought to management attention via a 3996 the OIC said he would walk with me and he wanted me to case everything in which several carriers can contest to. So at 10 something when I was instructed to stop casing with no carriers in the building just management and clerks I was told to pull down.

Might as well also state that carriers have turned on other carriers writing statements for management if a CCA brings mail back on their route.

So I really like to have all my ducks in a row in black and white.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 8, 2019 7:11:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

poorfamily  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 3:24:06 AM(UTC)
poorfamily

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 71 post(s)
So where is the union in this story? Are grievances being filed for every instance when you don't get copies? Nothing could be more black and white than the contract. If management wants a war then your union should respond in kind and file on every little violation. If your steward is weak go to the branch president. If he is weak call the NBA.
thanks 1 user thanked poorfamily for this useful post.
postalvet on 10/9/2019(UTC)
Stelvy40  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2019 4:16:22 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: poorfamily Go to Quoted Post
So where is the union in this story? Are grievances being filed for every instance when you don't get copies? Nothing could be more black and white than the contract. If management wants a war then your union should respond in kind and file on every little violation. If your steward is weak go to the branch president. If he is weak call the NBA.

The union was probably eating percocets and pulling strings to get their lazy kids PM jobs
Stelvy40  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2019 4:18:19 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: poorfamily Go to Quoted Post

Your union and management are the same people. Too lazy to do actual work.
postalvet  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2019 6:48:03 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2882 time(s) in 2277 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Stelvy40 Go to Quoted Post

Your union and management are the same people. Too lazy to do actual work.

and you know this how??
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
Rss Feed  Atom Feed