Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ironman0786  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 11:19:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Can you make a move from TIGTA to IRS as an internal employee for positions that are listed as "Internal to an agency" or "Current federal employees of this agency." Is TIGTA considered a different agency?
LexusFan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:44:45 PM(UTC)
LexusFan

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
IG's are always supposed to be separate, but everyone at that Service sees TIGTA as internal, with regard to knowledge. For a question like this, you need to call the person listed at the bottom of the announcement. Find that person on skype, email, or discovery and ask.
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2:34:38 AM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 48 post(s)
TIGTA is not internal. TIGTA is in Treasury as is IRS but they are two separate agencies.

Red  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 5:31:54 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Ironman- are you talking TIGTA special agent to IRS-CI special agent? I guess it has been done, but I don't know why. I have seen CI to Inspection, and almost did that one myself. What is your reason for the change?
ironman0786  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 10:39:00 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I actually currently am an IRS employee. I was referred to the Office of Audit division in TIGTA for the position Auditor. So I am thinking if I would like it or not and whether I would be able to come back if I didn't like the work or the atmosphere of the agency. I am also afraid of the position being non-bargaining, however, it seems TIGTA is not represented by a union. I have never required the union, but some co-workers have made it sound like managers and HR employees within the IRS have it bad because they are non-bargaining employees.

I cannot find out about much about the benefits TIGTA employees may have over IRS employees since it's a different agency, such as may be tuition reimbursement, or if AWS or telework is an option for TIGTA employees. My job posting stated 6-10 days travel per month (Occasional Travel) how true is that number and where are the travels to and for how long at a time. I am assuming it is to other IRS offices and Campuses since the job entails to Audit IRS departments/operations for certain items. I guess for most of these answers I will just have to wait till I have an interview or an TO or something.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 16, 2019 10:47:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed