Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Career Planning and Development

Are you looking to get promoted?
Maybe a change in your federal career?
Need tips on resume writing to land a federal job?
Or how to increase your salary or get a pay raise?

Join this active discussion with others climbing the same challenging career ladder.

Consider ordering some helpful resources or read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues by visiting FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
n8f8  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 2:40:54 PM(UTC)
n8f8

Groups: Registered

I qualify for several special hiring authority categories. When I apply for a new position should I reference them all? If the UsaJobs posting doesn't explicitly mention Schedule A, does that mean it's not applicable?
djp  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 9:21:41 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 133 post(s)
30% disabled snd schedule Asre special hiring non competitive authority

Schedule A is something where you can be hired before a job is publically announced. You can contact a part of agency HR who specializes in this.

With a job you need to be able to do the duties without major modification. Not all jobs can hire someone with Schedule A

FrankJr  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 6:40:17 AM(UTC)
FrankJr

United States

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 107 post(s)
Originally Posted by: n8f8 Go to Quoted Post
I qualify for several special hiring authority categories. When I apply for a new position should I reference them all? If the UsaJobs posting doesn't explicitly mention Schedule A, does that mean it's not applicable?

The Disability (Rehabilitation Act) forum and the answered questions is an excellent resource. Schedule A is not a golden ticket. Jobs are often posted internal, public and everything else; and the everything else more often than not includes Schedule A. The situation varies from agency to agency, bureau to bureau, etc.

Have you applied for jobs? No option to "reference" hiring authorities. Answer the questions.

Disability Employment, SELECTIVE PLACEMENT PROGRAM COORDINATOR resources may or may not be of value.
https://www.opm.gov/poli...ent-program-coordinator/

Do your homework. Schedule A is a "two year trial period"; a two year probation period.

Apply, move on. Interview, move on.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed