Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dokoe  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 6:43:48 AM(UTC)
dokoe

Groups: Registered
United States

My application on ecareer says not selected and the reason given was "not recommended by review committee". I'm waiting to receive my rejection email so I can inquire about the decision. In the meantime does anyone know what this usually means? and why I was not given an interview for a job that I am qualified for?

Thank you,
Sjohns88  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 4:04:09 PM(UTC)
Sjohns88

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I don’t know what’s going on with ereassign lately I had a position just disappeared off my list no email no letter or nothing just puff gone. How could they not select you without even a interview? Good luck finding your answer!!
postalvet  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 6:11:59 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2918 time(s) in 2310 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dokoe Go to Quoted Post
My application on ecareer says not selected and the reason given was "not recommended by review committee". I'm waiting to receive my rejection email so I can inquire about the decision. In the meantime does anyone know what this usually means? and why I was not given an interview for a job that I am qualified for?

Thank you,

find an email and send them your issue.

or

go to the office you want to work and see if anyone in management will speak with you.

or apply again.
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
KrazyK  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:05:24 PM(UTC)
KrazyK

United States

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)

Thank you,

You can be qualified all you want but unless your app is filled out in a S.T.A.R. format they wont even look at it. They will also deny it for misspelled words or punctuation and grammar. Out here we have a group that helps with that stuff we can email them our app and they will look it over for us. There are also ecareer seminars every year across the country which can be helpful. As for the review committee it's usually a small group of EAS that looks over the apps that make it through selection and weed out any that they feel dont qualify.
Sjohns88  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:51:54 AM(UTC)
Sjohns88

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
What is STAR format?
KrazyK  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:57:18 AM(UTC)
KrazyK

United States

Originally Posted by: Sjohns88 Go to Quoted Post
What is STAR format?

https://www.caseinterview.com/star-method
Hannah Blecter  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 8:39:23 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Was thanked: 1292 time(s) in 888 post(s)
Also, you get a star for making up the best lies and the ones least likely to be refuted. You are supposed to brag on yourself and make up stuff to support your opinion. Then people who did the same thing in their past reward you and set you on a path of continuous lying for the USPS. As long as you stay on that path your rewards will continue.
thanks 1 user thanked Hannah Blector for this useful post.
Super Carrier on 11/20/2019(UTC)
MPE2009  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:02:15 AM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 513 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KrazyK Go to Quoted Post

Thank you,

You can be qualified all you want but unless your app is filled out in a S.T.A.R. format they wont even look at it. They will also deny it for misspelled words or punctuation and grammar. Out here we have a group that helps with that stuff we can email them our app and they will look it over for us. There are also ecareer seminars every year across the country which can be helpful. As for the review committee it's usually a small group of EAS that looks over the apps that make it through selection and weed out any that they feel dont qualify.

FYI: there is no requirement for KSA's to even be filled out, including in STAR format. However that's what they are conditioned to accept and you are right that they will generally ignore KSA's that don't meet the STAR format and even exclude people for skipping a KSA. But it is not a mandatory requirement.

Not recommended by review committee can mean lots of things. The 991 wasn't filled out the way they wanted as KrazyK points out. It can mean they don't think you're qualified even if you do. It could mean they received lots of qualified people and they are only going to interview the most likely candidates. It could also mean they have already picked somebody for the job and don't want to clutter up the interview schedule with too many interviews.
postalvet  
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 3:11:24 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Thank you,

what was the position for?
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
Hannah Blecter  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 9:26:37 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Was thanked: 1292 time(s) in 888 post(s)
I can testify that MANY EAS jobs are filled by screw-ups or even someone mgmt knows will do the terrible things they have planned for the employees in a particular place. The selection process is merely a formality. Don't get down if you don't make it. It might be a compliment for self-respecting applicants.
KrazyK  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 10:02:47 AM(UTC)
KrazyK

United States

Originally Posted by: Hannah Blecter Go to Quoted Post
I can testify that MANY EAS jobs are filled by screw-ups or even someone mgmt knows will do the terrible things they have planned for the employees in a particular place. The selection process is merely a formality. Don't get down if you don't make it. It might be a compliment for self-respecting applicants.

I've seen some legitimate supervisors at my plant but a majority of the rest are backstabbers and liars. Upper management corrupts lower management and then they move up and it continues.
postalvet  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 3:51:17 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Originally Posted by: KrazyK Go to Quoted Post

I've seen some legitimate supervisors at my plant but a majority of the rest are backstabbers and liars. Upper management corrupts lower management and then they move up and it continues.

because they do not want to promote anyone smarter than them or they will look stupid.
Stelvy40  
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2019 2:58:03 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Thank you,

It means that you are not related to nor having sex with the person that decides who gets the job. Sorry, but that job went to someone's slappy niece/nephew or whoever they're banging. Maybe you're not ugly, fat or lazy enough? You should work on that. And if you're in the northeast, try adding a vowel to the end of your last name, that might help you. Good Luck...

Rss Feed  Atom Feed