Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gfro  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 10:31:29 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I don't know what to do now. I feel so powerless to help myself in this. Lawyers won't touch a case that OWCP has judged untimely. I appealed ECAb and they say they can't decide a claim that OWCP hasn't made a decision on yet. I filed that owcp claim years ago with them and I got a letter saying it had all been decided in a previous ECAb decision where ECAb only confirmed a previous injury claim denial.. It was not. ECAb mentioned that that letter was not a decision and my claim is still pending. I called OWCP and asked- there's nothing pending. ECAb repeated I have a pending decision in my appeal of their decision when I asked them to explain that to OWCP but said nothing about helping me out on this. If ECAb is correct, it's been almost 3 years since I filed a claim with no decision as I filed recons. that were denied as untimely because they are still lumping it in with the previous claim and repetitive and finally ECAb and appeal (about 2 years ). I have gone through their process , appealed to my congressman ( no answer- this was 3 years ago), asked ECAb for help explaining this to them,....does anyone think I could make an FTCA claim? Cause I don't know what else to do and I can't let this go. It has hurt me financially, emotionally. I never gave up appealing or not filing a claim during this whole time,but you know time means nothing to them except to say it's untimely -so I have waited patiently for decisions and am very tired.please give opinions on this.....thanks
Rivkah  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 4:33:47 PM(UTC)
Rivkah

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Go to theowcpclassroom.blogspot.com and contact Jesse Slade for help.
Gfro  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 6:18:18 AM(UTC)

I once asked there about FTCA and she said it was not her specialty.thanks though.
edalder  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 3:01:54 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 189 time(s) in 164 post(s)
I think you should have said FECA, not FTCA.

There is little anyone can do here. Someone. other than yourself, really needs to look at ALL of your paperwork and figure out what is going on.

I can tell you that in most legal matters, if you miss a deadline to file an appeal, you are "toast". But, I don't know if that is what you did.
Kivi
Gfro  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:09:36 PM(UTC)

No I meant a federal tort claim.how can I miss a deadline without a final decision which according to ECAB I still have one pending? OWCP says I don't. I believe ECAb because there was no due process or decision on this claim- just a lletter about how the previous ECAB decision resolved it. It's not true and ECAB restates I have one pending in answer to my appeal I just received. Doesn't OWCP read the content of these decisions? Apparently not. I could send you a copy if you wish if I am not making myself clear. Also if assuming I and ECAb are right that I should have acase pending from 2017, is a merit review required? I do appreciate your interest even if you have no advice on this.thanks...
Rss Feed  Atom Feed