Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
122intheshade  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 7:51:02 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Groups: Registered
Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Was thanked: 565 time(s) in 454 post(s)
If you live in the western US, you know that high winds can mess up the electrical grid, much as ice does it up north and back east. Thanksgiving night was one of those times here. Winds were blowing 30-40mph, and we actually had some rain to go along.

I was up at 2am, and the lights were flickering in my house. So, just to be sure, I set my phone to go off at the same time as my clock alarm. The alarm goes off, the phone goes off, the wind has died down, the rain is tapering off. Looks like a good day.

Get to work, and the first clue that all is not right is that the USPS trailer is still at the dock, and no DPS or FSS is staged. Turns out, the power took a jolt at my station. Inside lights and machinery work; outside lights and dock power are out. Along with the lights in the locker rooms/toilets. You gotta wonder about that one.

We were also informed that there would be no FSS due to power issues at the plant. They must have done one pass before the lights went out, since we all got several tubs of semi-sorted flats. And the DPS was late, because that plant took a***** as well. And since the station had been out for a few hours, they were several hours behind sorting parcels, to where they called us back at noon to pick them up. Wouldn't even let us take the ones already sorted. That was fun. Thank goodness for light traffic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmbsp-x2E8E
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
postalvet  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 7:58:03 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2905 time(s) in 2297 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 122intheshade Go to Quoted Post
If you live in the western US, you know that high winds can mess up the electrical grid, much as ice does it up north and back east. Thanksgiving night was one of those times here. Winds were blowing 30-40mph, and we actually had some rain to go along.

I was up at 2am, and the lights were flickering in my house. So, just to be sure, I set my phone to go off at the same time as my clock alarm. The alarm goes off, the phone goes off, the wind has died down, the rain is tapering off. Looks like a good day.

Get to work, and the first clue that all is not right is that the USPS trailer is still at the dock, and no DPS or FSS is staged. Turns out, the power took a jolt at my station. Inside lights and machinery work; outside lights and dock power are out. Along with the lights in the locker rooms/toilets. You gotta wonder about that one.

We were also informed that there would be no FSS due to power issues at the plant. They must have done one pass before the lights went out, since we all got several tubs of semi-sorted flats. And the DPS was late, because that plant took a***** as well. And since the station had been out for a few hours, they were several hours behind sorting parcels, to where they called us back at noon to pick them up. Wouldn't even let us take the ones already sorted. That was fun. Thank goodness for light traffic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmbsp-x2E8E

had some bad weather here (san diego) but does not seem to have affected anything.
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
Rss Feed  Atom Feed