Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hudki  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 12:27:01 PM(UTC)
Hudki

Groups: Registered
United States

So, I have a polygraph scheduled in 2 weeks and read that for identification REAL ID is required for driver license or a passport.

Problem is NJ it's pretty much impossible to get a REAL ID currently & my passport is expired.
Anyone else have the same problem or have any advice?

Edited by user Tuesday, December 3, 2019 12:27:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BatDog123  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 12:51:57 PM(UTC)
BatDog123

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Quote:
Failure to provide valid ID will result in denial of access to NSA/CSS facilities.

Quote:

The following states will be added to the Real ID List. If you are scheduled for processing after dates listed below you will need to provide an alternate form of ID as listed below.

Extension – ID Acceptance until October 10, 2019:

New Jersey,

Quote:
Approved alternative forms of identification include: U.S. Passports, U.S. Passport ID cards, Foreign Government Passport, U.S. Military ID card (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians), U.S. Government Issued Common Access Card (CAC), U.S. Government Issued Official Credentials (i.e. NSA, CIA, FBI, etc.), DHS Enhanced DL (must state “Enhanced” at top of license and issued by Michigan, Minnesota, Vermont, New York, and Washington State), US Government issued HSPD-12 PIV Card Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) (Photo copies of any of the above will not be accepted).

I dont know if anything has changed since my visit, but I would highly recommend doing everything you can to find an accepted alternative form of identification. You will also need an original of your birth certificate.

That Applicant  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 1:57:23 PM(UTC)
That Applicant

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 9 post(s)
BatDog is right. I just wanted to concur on that answer to say that my Pre-Employment Appointment email dated 06/19 said the same thing, and I don't believe that any further extension has been granted by DHS at this time. You have probably already been to this (really well built, good job New Jersey) website, but I have found a lot of good info on there: https://www.realidnj.com/. Further, it is possible to expedite a passport renewal, but they still recommend three weeks in order to obtain a new one.

My advice would be to contact the person who booked your appointment to either find a workaround (however unlikely) or reschedule for hopefully 1-2 weeks later.

George Maschke  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 11:49:53 AM(UTC)
George Maschke

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Bring your expired U.S. passport.
Signal/WhatsApp/Snapchat/Telegram/iMessage: +1-202-810-2105
Hudki  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 3:17:15 PM(UTC)
Hudki

United States

Originally Posted by: George Maschke Go to Quoted Post
Bring your expired U.S. passport.

Doubt they'll allow an expired passport.
But rescheduled it for a month later which hopefully gives me time to get my passport.
Also called NJ DMVs and you have to wait until February to get a REAL ID as of 12/4/2019 so that's fun.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed