Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Federal Career Planning and Development

Are you looking to get promoted?
Maybe a change in your federal career?
Need tips on resume writing to land a federal job?
Or how to increase your salary or get a pay raise?

Join this active discussion with others climbing the same challenging career ladder.

Consider ordering some helpful resources or read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues by visiting FederalDaily.com.

Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2009 5:06:39 AM(UTC)

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 25

I am trying to get a secret clearance form the goverment.

What is an RRU, security officer said that when it hit 6 months of adjudication and no response they will send an RRU. Also, from the time they sent the RRU, when can I hear a response?

Loss of Jurisdiction?

It has now been 6 months is the adjudication process for me, is this a bad sign?

Thanx in advance!!!
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2009 5:47:24 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/29/2007(UTC)
Posts: 613

Not really a bad sign.

A "loss of jurisdiction" means just that. The Clearance adjudication facility no longer has the jurisdiction to make a descision on your case.

An example...

If you were a contractor and were put in for a clearance and left that job while the clearance was on going, DISCO would annotate "loss of jurisdiction" instead of making a descision when they got the case file.

Same goes for transfering agencys.

Work for the army and get put in for a clearance...before adjudication you go to work for DHS.... Army will input loss of jurisdiction.

If all you have is a loss of jurisdiction there will be no adjudication made until a security officer requests that your new clearance adjudication facility (the one with jurisdication now) order your file from the previous CAF and make a descision.

This could also happen if you worked for one agency, quit and then came back. If they got your file after you quit, they just mark "loss of jurisdiction" and to the archives it goes.

Ordering case files to be transfered or adjudication requests is accomplished via RRU or "Request/Research/Upgrade of Elligibility". Basically it sends a message to the CAF you're now under asking them to take action.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

This page was generated in 0.035 seconds.