Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

HHS

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is the United States government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.

Source: www.hhs.gov/about/

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FedReturn  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 3:36:25 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I am a GS-13 and my team lead is GS-14. Our chief has gone to another division on detail and due to retire in March. With her departure, I am being advertised and announced in meetings to be the acting team lead. And my GS-14 team lead is being announced as Acting Chief. It has been two months and neither of us have been given a temporary promotion. Can anyone think of what the issue is? Is this legal? My leadership chain up to the department director does not know. They have been trying to find out and we hear the detail papers of chief hasn't been processed. It is quite unusual situation. Anyone have a clue?
FS0201  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 9:57:24 PM(UTC)
FS0201

Was thanked: 293 time(s) in 257 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FedReturn Go to Quoted Post
I am a GS-13 and my team lead is GS-14. Our chief has gone to another division on detail and due to retire in March. With her departure, I am being advertised and announced in meetings to be the acting team lead. And my GS-14 team lead is being announced as Acting Chief. It has been two months and neither of us have been given a temporary promotion. Can anyone think of what the issue is? Is this legal? My leadership chain up to the department director does not know. They have been trying to find out and we hear the detail papers of chief hasn't been processed. It is quite unusual situation. Anyone have a clue?

It is legal, you are acting and therefore not receiving a temporary promotion.
The excuse of, "I read it on FederalSoup..." won't work. Please do your due diligence.
ex-military  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 5:04:14 AM(UTC)
ex-military

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 89 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FedReturn Go to Quoted Post

Its not unusual at all. People are placed in Acting roles all the time. In our Agency, unless the Acting role is going to last at least 180 days, no temp promotion is even considered.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed