Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

31 Pages«<293031
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CalKent  
#601 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 9:58:02 PM(UTC)
CalKent

Groups: Registered
United States

It looks as I have an interview for an ISO position coming up. Could anyone give me an idea of what kind of questions I should expect out of this?
XFed77  
#602 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 2:20:36 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 79 post(s)

Anyone here apply for the ISO 1, Mass hiring, at NBC, Lee's Summit/Overland Park that opened & closed on 08/30/2021?

The announcement stated that it would close after the first 200 received and it closed the same day...

A couple of weeks after it closed I checked the "Track this application" feature and I made BQ/Referred, but never received the email with the Referral...hmmm.

I have read here about others finding out they were Selected for other ISO positions the same way and not getting emails first.

They used to be better at that. They're probably swamped with mass hirings and short on personnel.

Hopefully things get smoother/better.

WasteAbalone  
#603 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2021 11:44:13 AM(UTC)
WasteAbalone

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Has anyone heard anything about when the CSC in Laguna Niguel will begin sending out TO’s for ISO 1?
CalKent  
#604 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2021 10:42:32 PM(UTC)
CalKent

United States

I'm lined up for an interview in Chicago for an ISO position but they seem to be delaying the interview date. Does anyone know if this is because of the budget/debt ceiling issues in Congress?
Edfaka  
#605 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 4:47:45 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I don't think so. USCIS is self funded.
CalKent  
#606 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2021 11:06:17 AM(UTC)
CalKent

United States

Originally Posted by: Edfaka Go to Quoted Post

Ah I see, thank you. Then I wonder what the cause for the delay could be. They may have simply not selected me, but if they asked for references and told me of the tentative week for interviews, I would hope I'd at least get to the interview. =/
XFed77  
#607 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2021 11:28:19 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Originally Posted by: CalKent Go to Quoted Post

Ah I see, thank you. Then I wonder what the cause for the delay could be. They may have simply not selected me, but if they asked for references and told me of the tentative week for interviews, I would hope I'd at least get to the interview. =/

So they asked for references before the interview? Hmmm

Do you know if they've already checked them?

I've interviewed and been hired for different positions/agencies with the Federal Government and my experience has been that they've asked for references after the interview, when they had decided to select me.

Curious to know,

Thanks!
CalKent  
#608 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2021 12:07:02 PM(UTC)
CalKent

United States

Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post

I've interviewed and been hired for different positions/agencies with the Federal Government and my experience has been that they've asked for references after the interview, when they had decided to select me.

Curious to know,

Thanks!

Last I checked my references haven't been contacted yet. I'm a bit puzzled at the timeline/order of things as well. My fear is that this isn't a delay, but that they've simply decided to pass me over even without the interview.
XFed77  
#609 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2021 4:05:25 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Curious to know,

Thanks!

Last I checked my references haven't been contacted yet. I'm a bit puzzled at the timeline/order of things as well. My fear is that this isn't a delay, but that they've simply decided to pass me over even without the interview.

If they haven't checked your references, and haven't interviewed you, there seems to be no information/reason to pass you over unless they decide to cancel the announcement.

I would check with the source that asked for your references/informed you about the interviews in a week or two to see if they have made their selections.

Best of luck!
XFed77  
#610 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 10:25:31 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Anyone here apply for the ISO 1, Mass hiring, at NBC, Lee's Summit/Overland Park that opened & closed on 08/30/2021?

The announcement stated that it would close after the first 200 received and it closed the same day...

A couple of weeks after it closed I checked the "Track this application" feature and I made BQ/Referred, but never received the email with the Referral...hmmm.

I have read here about others finding out they were Selected for other ISO positions the same way and not getting emails first.

They used to be better at that. They're probably swamped with mass hirings and short on personnel.

Hopefully things get smoother/better.

Just received notification for the Writing Assessment later this week for this position.

I'm glad the hiring process is moving along.

Edfaka  
#611 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 10:27:18 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good luck!
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
XFed77 on 10/19/2021(UTC)
XFed77  
#612 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 10:35:28 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Good luck!

Thank You!

I had applied for that job 10/2019, did the assessment, was in hiring process, and then came the Hiring Freeze.

Now that the hiring freeze is over, I have just received a Tentative Offer for more pay at another Agency.

Decisions, decisions, that is life.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed