Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hopefullyNSA2020  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2020 4:26:20 PM(UTC)
hopefullyNSA2020

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It's time to start a new thread. Hope the new year will bring good news to everyone.

Last years thread can be found here: https://forum.federalsou...s&t=83278#post916468
thanks 2 users thanked hopefullyNSA2020 for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 1/8/2020(UTC), DerpyDerp on 1/8/2020(UTC)
Derry7989  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2020 5:22:33 PM(UTC)
Derry7989

United States

Thanks hopefullyNSA2020 and same to you. I have a question in mind for anyone. How long does it take for the recruitment scheduling team to reach out to us to schedule the poly/psych examination once the background investigation is complete? It has been quite in my end since I got word that my BI is complete since last month and all that is left is the poly/psych examination. Is anyone experiencing the same situation?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 7, 2020 5:41:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

0x41  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 4:14:39 AM(UTC)
0x41

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Derry7989 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks hopefullyNSA2020 and same to you. I have a question in mind for anyone. How long does it take for the recruitment scheduling team to reach out to us to schedule the poly/psych examination once the background investigation is complete? It has been quite in my end since I got word that my BI is complete since last month and all that is left is the poly/psych examination. Is anyone experiencing the same situation?

I'd suggest looking at the previous timelines for that answer. It's hard to say how their scheduling works but it's possible to complete your poly/psych before your BI is complete. So, it's usually just when they can fit you in. Wouldn't hurt to nudge your recruiter.

Turtlexx  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 5:27:21 AM(UTC)
Turtlexx

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey everyone!
Here is an update to my timeline:

12/18 Interview
2/19 CJO
2/19 Submitted forms/paperwork
4/19 Employer contacted
6/19 Psych/poly
6/19 2nd poly
7/19 Received suitability email
10/19 Received call on behalf of my recruiter stating I am still active in processing
12/19 3rd poly - passed
1/20 verbal FJO
2/20 EOD

Good luck to all!

Edited by user Wednesday, January 8, 2020 7:22:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked Turtlexx for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 1/8/2020(UTC), William Walter Watkins on 1/8/2020(UTC), That Applicant on 1/8/2020(UTC), DynamoOwl on 1/9/2020(UTC), Sarahdd12 on 1/10/2020(UTC)
0x41  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 7:38:10 AM(UTC)
0x41

Originally Posted by: Turtlexx Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone!

12/18 Interview
2/19 CJO
4/19 Employer contacted
6/19 Psych/poly
6/19 2nd poly
10/19 Received call on behalf of my recruiter stating I am still active in processing
12/19 3rd poly - passed
1/20 verbal FJO
2/20 EOD

Good luck to all!

Congrats! See you on the inside!
BatDog123  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 8:23:06 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

United States

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Since my EOD is in 2020, figured I would share my timeline one last time for any new comers, and provide a bit more detail into my process in hopes it could help someone else.

Quote:

09/18 - Applied
09/18 - Resume/Transcripts requested by agency
09/18 - Attended Virtual Career Fair, got a chance to speak with the Hiring Manager of the department I was interested in. Spoke with him via email briefly, and he let me know they were interested in scheduling an interview.
10/18 - Recruiter Introduction, and notified of selection for position
10/18 - Interview Scheduled
11/18 - Interviewed
11/18 - Verbal CJO
12/18 - Official CJO (5 days later)
12/18 - eQIP submitted
01/19 - Credit Pulled, Soft Inquiry
02/19 - Additional resource from my department reached out. Nothing related to my processing.
03/19 - Reached out for status update, told I was to be scheduled soon.
04/19 - New Recruiter Assigned
04/19 - Poly (Passed)
04/19 - Psych Completed, Documents Requested
05/19 - Requested documents returned
05/19 - No update on any further processing
06/19 - Generic processing email to let me know I was still processing.
07/19 - BI Subject Interview face to face, with current employer also.
07/19 - BI interviews friends and contacts
08/19 - Recruiter notified me that the remainder of my processing could take 4-6 months average
08/19 - Scripted voicemail letting me know I am still processing
09/19 - Attended Virtual Career Fair again just to chat with some recruiters about any random questions I had.
10/19 - 3rd new recruiter, no update provided.
11/19 - Final Clearance Granted, position no longer available.
11/19 - Notification from recruiter that hiring managers had expressed interest in my resume that she had sent them.
12/19 - 2 Phone Interviews (in lieu of on-site)
12/19 - Verbal FJO for second position interviewed.
12/19 - Official FJO (19 days later)
06/20 - EOD

My EOD is so far out because of needing to complete my degree first.

My advice is for everyone to attend any Virtual Career Fairs that they host. I learned a great deal about the positions, and expectations for processing during these events, as it was a live chat with recruiters.

Final advice, be patient. Its a long journey, and you will not have frequent updates. This is normal. I'd say that if you haven't heard anything (at all) in 2-3 months, reach out. Anything less than that is pretty standard.

Good luck to everyone still processing! I hope you get the news you want to hear!

Edited by user Wednesday, January 8, 2020 8:25:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked BatDog123 for this useful post.
William Walter Watkins on 1/8/2020(UTC), DynamoOwl on 2/16/2020(UTC)
deris43  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 9:30:54 AM(UTC)
deris43

[non-STEM]

Applied: 11/18
Interview: 4/19
CJO: 5/19
EQIP completed: 6/19
Request (and submission) of more info: 6/19

Over 7 months since filling out my SF-86. But never any contact from BI . Only occasional phone call from recruiter office saying I’m still showing up as in active processing.

Sarahdd12  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 9:50:32 AM(UTC)
Sarahdd12

United States

Originally Posted by: BatDog123 Go to Quoted Post
Since my EOD is in 2020, figured I would share my timeline one last time for any new comers, and provide a bit more detail into my process in hopes it could help someone else.

Quote:

09/18 - Applied
09/18 - Resume/Transcripts requested by agency
09/18 - Attended Virtual Career Fair, got a chance to speak with the Hiring Manager of the department I was interested in. Spoke with him via email briefly, and he let me know they were interested in scheduling an interview.
10/18 - Recruiter Introduction, and notified of selection for position
10/18 - Interview Scheduled
11/18 - Interviewed
11/18 - Verbal CJO
12/18 - Official CJO (5 days later)
12/18 - eQIP submitted
01/19 - Credit Pulled, Soft Inquiry
02/19 - Additional resource from my department reached out. Nothing related to my processing.
03/19 - Reached out for status update, told I was to be scheduled soon.
04/19 - New Recruiter Assigned
04/19 - Poly (Passed)
04/19 - Psych Completed, Documents Requested
05/19 - Requested documents returned
05/19 - No update on any further processing
06/19 - Generic processing email to let me know I was still processing.
07/19 - BI Subject Interview face to face, with current employer also.
07/19 - BI interviews friends and contacts
08/19 - Recruiter notified me that the remainder of my processing could take 4-6 months average
08/19 - Scripted voicemail letting me know I am still processing
09/19 - Attended Virtual Career Fair again just to chat with some recruiters about any random questions I had.
10/19 - 3rd new recruiter, no update provided.
11/19 - Final Clearance Granted, position no longer available.
11/19 - Notification from recruiter that hiring managers had expressed interest in my resume that she had sent them.
12/19 - 2 Phone Interviews (in lieu of on-site)
12/19 - Verbal FJO for second position interviewed.
12/19 - Official FJO (19 days later)
06/20 - EOD

My EOD is so far out because of needing to complete my degree first.

My advice is for everyone to attend any Virtual Career Fairs that they host. I learned a great deal about the positions, and expectations for processing during these events, as it was a live chat with recruiters.

Final advice, be patient. Its a long journey, and you will not have frequent updates. This is normal. I'd say that if you haven't heard anything (at all) in 2-3 months, reach out. Anything less than that is pretty standard.

Good luck to everyone still processing! I hope you get the news you want to hear!

Very interesting that you had your poly and psych before your BI was completed. That seems to be normal with other agencies too but not always the case with this agency. Many applicants with this agency seem to have the BI either completed or in adjudication before they get a psych/poly invite. If you don't mind me asking, what types of documents were requested after your psych? Were they related to previous psych specific treatment?
Derry7989  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 10:14:44 AM(UTC)
Derry7989

United States

Originally Posted by: 0x41 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Turtlexx Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone!

12/18 Interview
2/19 CJO
4/19 Employer contacted
6/19 Psych/poly
6/19 2nd poly
12/19 3rd poly - passed
1/20 verbal FJO
2/20 EOD

Good luck to all!

Congrats! See you on the inside!

I'd suggest looking at the previous timelines for that answer. It's hard to say how their scheduling works but it's possible to complete your poly/psych before your BI is complete. So, it's usually just when they can fit you in. Wouldn't hurt to nudge your recruiter.

Alright, I called my recruiter and she didn't pick up my call. Left a voicemail to call me back. Hopefully she calls back.
BatDog123  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 11:32:22 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

United States

Originally Posted by: Sarahdd12 Go to Quoted Post

Very interesting that you had your poly and psych before your BI was completed. That seems to be normal with other agencies too but not always the case with this agency. Many applicants with this agency seem to have the BI either completed or in adjudication before they get a psych/poly invite. If you don't mind me asking, what types of documents were requested after your psych? Were they related to previous psych specific treatment?

You cannot be in adjudication without having done the Poly and Psych. Adjudication is the final step, where they compile all of the reports written by the investigator, polygraph examiner and psychiatrist, and make a decision.

Also, for anyone else reading, even if you are granted your clearance, it is not fully adjudicated until the first day of orientation. Meaning, you cannot advertise yourself to other employers as having an active clearance if you do not make it that far.

My process was definitely different from the norm, having had to wait so long for the background investigator.

They provided forms they wanted a past doctor to fill out regarding a medication I had been prescribed many years prior for a short period of time. More so felt like due diligence.

thebigone2087  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 12:33:25 PM(UTC)
thebigone2087

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 9 post(s)
So here is a questions for those that have February EOD's... My recruiter said I had been cleared than asked for all the info they do and gave me a list of EODs. I was told my date was good (2/18), and I would get a call from my previous recruiter since its a developmental position. I have yet to get my call, and was curious if that echos what others have experienced.
0x41  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 4:32:07 AM(UTC)
0x41

Originally Posted by: thebigone2087 Go to Quoted Post
So here is a questions for those that have February EOD's... My recruiter said I had been cleared than asked for all the info they do and gave me a list of EODs. I was told my date was good (2/18), and I would get a call from my previous recruiter since its a developmental position. I have yet to get my call, and was curious if that echos what others have experienced.

I have a Feb EOD and wasn't told of any further phone calls or anything. Picked my date after signing my FJO and a brief phone call. They said the next step would be an email update a few days prior to my EOD.
thanks 2 users thanked 0x41 for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 1/10/2020(UTC), Sarahdd12 on 1/10/2020(UTC)
Derry7989  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 7:55:53 AM(UTC)
Derry7989

United States

Hey All, does any of you know typically how long it takes for a recruiter to get back to you? I called and emailed a few days ago, since then no response. I am not sure if you guys have experienced this before and if you guys took a different approach trying to reach out to the recruiter. Would very much appreciate for the feedback.
NoStringsAttached  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 8:02:41 AM(UTC)
NoStringsAttached

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hey All, does any of you know typically how long it takes for a recruiter to get back to you? I called and emailed a few days ago, since then no response. I am not sure if you guys have experienced this before and if you guys took a different approach trying to reach out to the recruiter. Would very much appreciate for the feedback.

All the recruiters I've had eventually got back to me. So I got to the point where I didn't hear back in a long time, I just ignored that and knew they would eventually contact me. Only once did I email a second time and that was over Christmas/New Years because I figured my recruiter was probably out of the office and prior to the holidays I was told I would hear back. But after like 2 weeks I emailed again and they got back to me relatively quickly.
Derry7989  
#15 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 8:05:56 AM(UTC)
Derry7989

United States

Originally Posted by: NoStringsAttached Go to Quoted Post

All the recruiters I've had eventually got back to me. So I got to the point where I didn't hear back in a long time, I just ignored that and knew they would eventually contact me. Only once did I email a second time and that was over Christmas/New Years because I figured my recruiter was probably out of the office and prior to the holidays I was told I would hear back. But after like 2 weeks I emailed again and they got back to me relatively quickly.

Okay I might have to email her again end of next week. Probably she is out of the office for this week. Thanks for feedback
thebigone2087  
#16 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 8:35:36 AM(UTC)
thebigone2087

United States

I have a Feb EOD and wasn't told of any further phone calls or anything. Picked my date after signing my FJO and a brief phone call. They said the next step would be an email update a few days prior to my EOD.

Thats the thing, I haven't signed a formal FJO. I was asked for the date of when I want to start, the last day I am going to work at my current job, if I am currently pursuing a degree, and to attach my current resume. No formal FJO email to sign or phone call. The annoying thing is, my current recruiter is amazing at communication, my old recruiter (who is now back to handling this because its a developmental position) is AWFUL at getting back to me at any point in time. I need to give my two weeks NEXT week, and I still have received anything.
BatDog123  
#17 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 9:24:07 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

United States

Thats the thing, I haven't signed a formal FJO. I was asked for the date of when I want to start, the last day I am going to work at my current job, if I am currently pursuing a degree, and to attach my current resume. No formal FJO email to sign or phone call. The annoying thing is, my current recruiter is amazing at communication, my old recruiter (who is now back to handling this because its a developmental position) is AWFUL at getting back to me at any point in time. I need to give my two weeks NEXT week, and I still have received anything.

It took 19 days from my verbal FJO, and selecting the EOD date, to actually receiving my FJO paperwork to sign.
thanks 1 user thanked BatDog123 for this useful post.
thebigone2087 on 1/10/2020(UTC)
thebigone2087  
#18 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 10:01:19 AM(UTC)
thebigone2087

United States

It took 19 days from my verbal FJO, and selecting the EOD date, to actually receiving my FJO paperwork to sign.

We just pasted the 30 day mark since I got my verbal. I’m going to give them a call at lunch today see if I can get a hold of anyone. Thanks for the insight!
NoStringsAttached  
#19 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 10:55:25 AM(UTC)
NoStringsAttached

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)

My recruiter actually had me pick out my EOD before I was even told I'm getting the FJO
DerpyDerp  
#20 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 11:42:11 AM(UTC)
DerpyDerp

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Does anyone know why some people get scheduled for a repoly right after failing and others, as is my case, it’s been over a month and still no word?
thanks 1 user thanked DerpyDerp for this useful post.
Jjton on 6/3/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed