Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

12 Pages«<101112
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
M1keBones  
#221 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 7:17:01 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Allsourceguy Go to Quoted Post
4/1/2021 SAEE
4/23/2021 SUPER
6/14 COE
6/18 completed eye exam and sent paperwork over.
7/18 finished EQIP
7/29 security interview invite
8/2 is my security interview.

Seems to be around a month between steps. how much time was between your security interviews and Poly ? any info on the security interview? was it just going over the eqip and investigation info?

I had 3 months between my S.I. and Poly. The S.I. will go over the E-Qip line by line, they'll ask you a bunch of yes and no suitability and background questions, and give you the opportunity to address anything that may cause issues for you on the poly (clarifying certain answers to suitability questions, clarifying answers to E-Qip questions, etc). It's pretty straightforward.

Allsourceguy  
#222 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 9:43:38 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: M1keBones Go to Quoted Post
4/1/2021 SAEE
4/23/2021 SUPER
6/14 COE
7/18 finished EQIP

Seems to be around a month between steps. how much time was between your security interviews and Poly ? any info on the security interview? was it just going over the eqip and investigation info?

I had 3 months between my S.I. and Poly. The S.I. will go over the E-Qip line by line, they'll ask you a bunch of yes and no suitability and background questions, and give you the opportunity to address anything that may cause issues for you on the poly (clarifying certain answers to suitability questions, clarifying answers to E-Qip questions, etc). It's pretty straightforward.

Man three months is a bummer. hoping its faster. did you do medical in between or is that after poly ?

M1keBones  
#223 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 11:49:00 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: M1keBones Go to Quoted Post
4/1/2021 SAEE
4/23/2021 SUPER
6/14 COE
7/18 finished EQIP

Man three months is a bummer. hoping its faster. did you do medical in between or is that after poly ?

My medical was scheduled 6 days after the poly. Each case is different though; if you have a gap between S.I. and poly, they might put you through medical. It all depends on your FO and how they decide to do things.

Washgirl0905  
#224 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 10:37:02 AM(UTC)
Washgirl0905

United States

Anyone have any recent updates? last thing I completed was the eye exam over a month ago. Just waiting for the security interview and getting anxious.

I completed my Equip on 6/18, received an email on 7/12 to schedule my security interview. I was interviewed on 7/23, and now I'm just just waiting.
Allsourceguy  
#225 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 5:30:44 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

Originally Posted by: Washgirl0905 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone have any recent updates? last thing I completed was the eye exam over a month ago. Just waiting for the security interview and getting anxious.

I completed my Equip on 6/18, received an email on 7/12 to schedule my security interview. I was interviewed on 7/23, and now I'm just just waiting.

Awesome , I completed my Security yesterday (8/2) Now for the waiting game as well.

Id be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous for the Poly. Nothing to hide but I just was told its really brutal, and don't want anyone to think I'm being dishonest.,

Edited by user Tuesday, August 3, 2021 6:13:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Washgirl0905  
#226 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 9:16:17 AM(UTC)
Washgirl0905

United States

Awesome , I completed my Security yesterday (8/2) Now for the waiting game as well.

Id be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous for the Poly. Nothing to hide but I just was told its really brutal, and don't want anyone to think I'm being dishonest.,

I completely agree but, we're almost at the finish line. I just got a call today to schedule my poly for 8/20 but, the FO they wanted me to go to is about 4 hours away which isn't even the closest one to me. I informed her where the closest one was she stated they didn't have anyone traveling there this month but, next month they would so I would be able to go then.
Allsourceguy  
#227 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 9:48:46 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

I completely agree but, we're almost at the finish line. I just got a call today to schedule my poly for 8/20 but, the FO they wanted me to go to is about 4 hours away which isn't even the closest one to me. I informed her where the closest one was she stated they didn't have anyone traveling there this month but, next month they would so I would be able to go then.

Yeah the agent told me yesterday that there's only a few in FL that travel back and forth.
peteyboy123  
#228 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 12:53:50 PM(UTC)
peteyboy123

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

The poly is not a big deal. Everyone making it out to be so bad was probably hiding/omitting something. My examiner was polite, professional, and wasted no time as they understood that it is a rather stressful situation and that you do not want to be there any longer than you need to be. Yes it was long, but it is supposed to be in order to be thorough. Yes, the examiner may have came off as "intimidating" at times, but they're supposed to be; its part of their role as an examiner to make sure you are of the highest character. Simply tell the truth.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed