Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

14 Pages«<121314
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GH  
#261 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 1:40:36 PM(UTC)
GH

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: peteyboy123 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GH Go to Quoted Post
I have my medical tomorrow, and the reminder from the USSS auto mailbox mentions the attire is business...is that right? Seems impractical and I've emailed both the medical center and the agent who's been processing my application to verify but I haven't heard from either one.

Yes it is rather impractical but make sure you’re in a suit and tie for at least the first session (remember, follow instructions and first impressions). The nurse will most likely tell you to come in athletic attire at your follow up. Also, just a word of advice with the medical, make sure you provide as much info as you can on anything that may come up. You do not want to fall into the “medical review” after you finish all the steps in the hiring process. I have been stuck there for a couple months and it is turning into a black hole it seems, they just keep wanting more and more additional information that is really just the same thing over and over written/or conveyed in different ways. Each time I have provided them with whatever they request, it takes about a month to “review” it and then get back to me only requesting more info. Anyways, good luck.

That is helpful, thank you.
Trooper23  
#262 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2021 11:32:46 AM(UTC)
Trooper23

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Long time lurker at the soup. Applied for a couple of 1811's this summer. A couple has gained some traction.

Applied: 5/8/2021
Notified to schedule SAEE test: 6/21/2021
SAEE Taken: 6/28/2021
Passing Score SAEE: 6/29/2021
SUPER: 7/13/2021
COA: 8/5/2021
Received Notice of E-Quip: 8/11/2021 (they wanted it completed in a week after waiting a month) There was a lot to add after my first SF-86!
Reached out to schedule SI on 8/17/2021 for 8/19/2021 (I couldn’t make it work)
SI: 8/31/2021
Poly: 10/6
Medical: 10/14

The USSS poly was my first ever. The gentleman that did it was excellent in administering the poly. I would hate to be a bad guy on the other side of him. I have not heard the results yet. I was told in the beginning that the failure rate is high with the USSS. I am pretty much assuming that I didn't make muster on this one.

Since taking the Poly with the service, I have taken it with another agency. It was evident the training was the same for both. Within a day, I found out I passed the second agency's poly.

As for attire, I wore a suit to each of the face-to-face interviews until the poly. I called my polygrapher, and he reported a sport coat and no tie would be fine. I wore khakis and dress shoes with a sport coat.

For my medical for the service, I wore tac pants and a polo. No complaints from my medical team. I had two medicals that day back to back for two different agencies.

I have met some professional individuals in the service. If it ends now, I have nothing but great things to say about them. The poly is no joke tho.
Trooper23  
#263 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 9:30:01 AM(UTC)
Trooper23

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I guess I was wrong about not making it through Poly. I received a random call from a retired agent doing a portion of the background. I told him I didn't know I passed...

Today, 10/21, I received my tentative offer with pay and location.....So cool.

Are there any current USSS people that wouldn't mind reaching out? I have questions about the next steps and after.

Thank you!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed