Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

13 Pages«<10111213>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
M1keBones  
#221 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 11:49:00 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Allsourceguy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: M1keBones Go to Quoted Post
4/1/2021 SAEE
4/23/2021 SUPER
6/14 COE
6/18 completed eye exam and sent paperwork over.
7/18 finished EQIP
7/29 security interview invite
8/2 is my security interview.

Seems to be around a month between steps. how much time was between your security interviews and Poly ? any info on the security interview? was it just going over the eqip and investigation info?

I had 3 months between my S.I. and Poly. The S.I. will go over the E-Qip line by line, they'll ask you a bunch of yes and no suitability and background questions, and give you the opportunity to address anything that may cause issues for you on the poly (clarifying certain answers to suitability questions, clarifying answers to E-Qip questions, etc). It's pretty straightforward.

Man three months is a bummer. hoping its faster. did you do medical in between or is that after poly ?

My medical was scheduled 6 days after the poly. Each case is different though; if you have a gap between S.I. and poly, they might put you through medical. It all depends on your FO and how they decide to do things.

Washgirl0905  
#222 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 10:37:02 AM(UTC)
Washgirl0905

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Anyone have any recent updates? last thing I completed was the eye exam over a month ago. Just waiting for the security interview and getting anxious.

I completed my Equip on 6/18, received an email on 7/12 to schedule my security interview. I was interviewed on 7/23, and now I'm just just waiting.
Allsourceguy  
#223 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 5:30:44 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Washgirl0905 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone have any recent updates? last thing I completed was the eye exam over a month ago. Just waiting for the security interview and getting anxious.

I completed my Equip on 6/18, received an email on 7/12 to schedule my security interview. I was interviewed on 7/23, and now I'm just just waiting.

Awesome , I completed my Security yesterday (8/2) Now for the waiting game as well.

Id be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous for the Poly. Nothing to hide but I just was told its really brutal, and don't want anyone to think I'm being dishonest.,

Edited by user Tuesday, August 3, 2021 6:13:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Washgirl0905  
#224 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 9:16:17 AM(UTC)
Washgirl0905

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Awesome , I completed my Security yesterday (8/2) Now for the waiting game as well.

Id be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous for the Poly. Nothing to hide but I just was told its really brutal, and don't want anyone to think I'm being dishonest.,

I completely agree but, we're almost at the finish line. I just got a call today to schedule my poly for 8/20 but, the FO they wanted me to go to is about 4 hours away which isn't even the closest one to me. I informed her where the closest one was she stated they didn't have anyone traveling there this month but, next month they would so I would be able to go then.
thanks 1 user thanked Washgirl0905 for this useful post.
Allsourceguy on 8/19/2021(UTC)
Allsourceguy  
#225 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 9:48:46 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

I completely agree but, we're almost at the finish line. I just got a call today to schedule my poly for 8/20 but, the FO they wanted me to go to is about 4 hours away which isn't even the closest one to me. I informed her where the closest one was she stated they didn't have anyone traveling there this month but, next month they would so I would be able to go then.

Yeah the agent told me yesterday that there's only a few in FL that travel back and forth.
peteyboy123  
#226 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 12:53:50 PM(UTC)
peteyboy123

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

The poly is not a big deal. Everyone making it out to be so bad was probably hiding/omitting something. My examiner was polite, professional, and wasted no time as they understood that it is a rather stressful situation and that you do not want to be there any longer than you need to be. Yes it was long, but it is supposed to be in order to be thorough. Yes, the examiner may have came off as "intimidating" at times, but they're supposed to be; its part of their role as an examiner to make sure you are of the highest character. Simply tell the truth.
thanks 2 users thanked peteyboy123 for this useful post.
Allsourceguy on 8/4/2021(UTC), Washgirl0905 on 8/4/2021(UTC)
M1keBones  
#227 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 4:54:12 PM(UTC)
M1keBones

Poly is easy, don't sweat it. I was in and out in about 4 hours.
thanks 2 users thanked M1keBones for this useful post.
Allsourceguy on 8/4/2021(UTC), Washgirl0905 on 8/4/2021(UTC)
Allsourceguy  
#228 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2021 4:05:29 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

Thanks guys, I have nothing to hide since I laid everything out in the security interview.

Just curious do they tell you right after how you did or do you have to wait to receive a email.
M1keBones  
#229 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2021 5:38:00 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

Thanks guys, I have nothing to hide since I laid everything out in the security interview.

Just curious do they tell you right after how you did or do you have to wait to receive a email.

I can only speak to my experience as each polygraph examiner has their own style. Mine told me right after, in a roundabout way, that I passed but that quality control still has to approve it. I knew I passed when I received an email a few days later asking me to update tax forms. If you get an email after asking you to update any of your forms (or scheduling you for the next step in the process), then you passed.
thanks 1 user thanked M1keBones for this useful post.
Allsourceguy on 8/4/2021(UTC)
Allsourceguy  
#230 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2021 4:02:05 PM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

Update:
Got my Medical next week and poly the following week.

Edited by user Thursday, August 5, 2021 4:03:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lunaticox  
#231 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2021 2:12:56 PM(UTC)
Lunaticox

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Has anyone else taken a month to get the SAEE email and go from “Under Review” to “Best Qualified”?
Allsourceguy  
#232 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2021 3:40:30 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

i think it was over a month for me after the SAEE to get the invite to the SUPER.

Has anyone done your medical before the polygraph ?? i did the medical yesterday and it went well. Just curious why they had me do that first.
M1keBones  
#233 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2021 8:19:00 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

i think it was over a month for me after the SAEE to get the invite to the SUPER.

Has anyone done your medical before the polygraph ?? i did the medical yesterday and it went well. Just curious why they had me do that first.

I did medical after the poly. It seems they are knocking out steps for you during gaps in scheduled appointments to get you that final offer quicker. It's a good thing!
Allsourceguy  
#234 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2021 9:03:50 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

Yeah its one less step to worry about. Did it take long for them to conduct the investigation field work( ie. contact your references, neighbors and such)? I'm assuming they wait until the poly is completed so they don't waste time and resources on the investigative piece if I cannot pass the poly.

Also on another subject. Anyone in here a Military Reservist?? I was told from a coworker that i can request to stay in my area for a field office, because i have a military obligation to uphold.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 10, 2021 9:32:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

M1keBones  
#235 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2021 11:41:32 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

Yeah its one less step to worry about. Did it take long for them to conduct the investigation field work( ie. contact your references, neighbors and such)? I'm assuming they wait until the poly is completed so they don't waste time and resources on the investigative piece if I cannot pass the poly.

Also on another subject. Anyone in here a Military Reservist?? I was told from a coworker that i can request to stay in my area for a field office, because i have a military obligation to uphold.

They won't start the B.I. until you pass your poly. I served both active and reserve (I'm out now), My B.I. took close to 8 weeks because they had to reach out to people in duty stations across the country that I was stationed at. How long your B.I. takes depends on how much travel you've done, where you have lived, etc. They'll talk to supervisors, neighbors, friends, etc then branch out and ask your references for references to get that whole person concept of you. Much of the B.I. process is out of your hands and you just have to wait for your B.I. to clear.
Allsourceguy  
#236 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2021 3:44:45 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

Yeah I do background investigating part time for a few agencies so I know how long it can take . Although the Secret Service likes to do their own investigations so realistically it should be faster than others because no middle men.

Curious did you get your Home interview yet?
M1keBones  
#237 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2021 6:09:47 PM(UTC)
M1keBones

Yeah I do background investigating part time for a few agencies so I know how long it can take . Although the Secret Service likes to do their own investigations so realistically it should be faster than others because no middle men.

Curious did you get your Home interview yet?

Yep. I had my Home Interview some time back (April). No BQA letter yet and when I try to follow up, all they tell me is "You're still in the process" or "Your application is still active." This wait doesn't seem to be typical for this process, so you shouldn't worry.

Allsourceguy  
#238 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 4:13:36 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

Id be interested to know when did everyone tell their current employer about the background investigation, and possibly leaving ? figured id wait to see how my Poly goes this week lol
M1keBones  
#239 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 5:00:14 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

Id be interested to know when did everyone tell their current employer about the background investigation, and possibly leaving ? figured id wait to see how my Poly goes this week lol

I had a B.I. for two separate agencies going on at the same time; For the USSS, I told my employer as soon as I got emails asking me to update documents or sign new forms (after the poly). For the other agency, the B.I. investigator reached out and told me he'd be starting the B.I.

Allsourceguy  
#240 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 5:55:45 AM(UTC)
Allsourceguy

United States

Ok so yeah ill do it after the poly like I planned. guessing they give you start date a few months in advanced?

Edited by user Wednesday, August 18, 2021 6:01:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed