Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

13 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tiny_Fed_69  
#41 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2020 10:21:35 AM(UTC)
Tiny_Fed_69

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 16 post(s)
The agents at my SUPER said they’re looking to get the fitness test back into the application process as soon as possible. Apparently the primary issue with it was that every FO was conducting it differently or something lol. So they’re trying to standardize everything. But as of now it’s not part of the process.

I would make sure you show up at orientation/FLETC scoring no zeroes and ideally getting the 10 points you need (but at a minimum getting 7-8). There is definitely some sort of remedial PT that’s at 5am and is 5 days a week if you are *really* out of shape. IDK about you but I’m way too lazy to do that on top of everything else.
thanks 1 user thanked Tiny_Fed_69 for this useful post.
FederalDreams on 8/21/2020(UTC)
HopefulSA  
#42 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 4:00:25 AM(UTC)
HopefulSA

I passed the SAEE on Thursday and was contacted on Friday. I was advised my panel interview is on September 3 for two hours. Is a two hour interview normal? What should I expect?
Tiny_Fed_69  
#43 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 5:50:28 AM(UTC)
Tiny_Fed_69

United States

I'm not sure if there's a standard time for the SUPER. It probably varies by field office.

Look at Phase 2 interview prep stuff for the FBI. That'll give you a decent idea of what to expect.
M1keBones  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2020 4:59:15 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Apparently, this job announcement on USA Jobs closed yesterday (about a month ahead of the original listed close date). Hopefully this means they'll review my application sooner for an SAEE invite.
HopefulSA  
#45 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 5:39:27 AM(UTC)
HopefulSA

I had my SUPER interview yesterday. It was not at all what I expected. I was told headquarters makes the decision and I should hear within the next two weeks.
Bentley  
#46 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 8:36:21 AM(UTC)
Bentley

Originally Posted by: HopefulSA Go to Quoted Post
I had my SUPER interview yesterday. It was not at all what I expected. I was told headquarters makes the decision and I should hear within the next two weeks.

Is it not consistent with how they tell you to prepare on their website? Now you got me nervous.
HopefulSA  
#47 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 9:38:50 AM(UTC)
HopefulSA

I had a list of several situations I would use for situational questions and I expected more questions to be asked, so by the time it was over, I felt like the situations I talked about were not as strong of examples as the situations I didn't talk about because I had anticipated more questions. We will see what happens!
HopefulSA  
#48 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 8:42:00 AM(UTC)
HopefulSA

I received the conditional offer earlier this week. Next up is the eye exam and start of the security forms.
M1keBones  
#49 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 5:43:42 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

My application has been in "received" status since I submitted in late July. I did receive an email from the USSS a bit over a week ago saying they are currently reviewing my application and to check the status in a couple of days on USA Jobs, but have seen no updates since. This process has surprisingly been slower than the FBI SA process.
Borq93  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 5:28:40 AM(UTC)
Borq93

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The only thing you can control in this process is being prepared. It's easy to get bummed out from not hearing back, but keeping a good attitude is important. With that said it's imperative you understand this application process can take many months or even more commonly, 1 year+. I've included my timeline in my signature for reference.
App 5/12
SAEE Inv 5/15
SAEE 6/2
ELAC SUPER 9/10
Med 10/19
Poly 10/20
Phone Intvw 10/26
Home Intvw 11/2
Final offer 11/3
Tiny_Fed_69  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:21:33 AM(UTC)
Tiny_Fed_69

United States

The USSS process was the fastest by far until COVID happened and it slowed down quite a bit. Even so, it's still probably the fastest. But I'd expect the whole thing to take 6-12 months instead of 4-6 months like it was pre-COVID. For instance, I'm doing Border Patrol as well and it looks like the best case scenario for those who applied during summer 2020 is getting an academy date in summer/fall 2021. FBI is also moving at a snails pace. I applied to DEA in April and haven't heard ANYTHING at all. So relatively speaking, this is as fast as you're gonna get right now.

Just hang in there.

Also, update on my timeline:

SUPER - early-mid August
SUPER results - 5 days later
e-QIP/forms - received the day of the results
submitted e-QIP - Aug 17

Still waiting on the security interview.
thanks 1 user thanked Tiny_Fed_69 for this useful post.
FederalDreams on 9/16/2020(UTC)
M1keBones  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:35:24 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

Thanks for the timelines fellas. Yeah, I hear patience is definitely key when applying for any special agent positions with pretty much any agency. I'll keep checking my application status religiously. Once I get the SUPER out of the way hopefully things pick up a little bit.
M1keBones  
#53 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 5:08:48 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

Application was referred for GL07 as of today (according to USA Jobs). I have a masters as well, so I assumed that there would be referral for GL09 as well. When you guys got referred, did you get a referral email for one pay grade then another or were they both at the same time? On the USSS site it says "Application Received" for GL07 but GL09 still says "Under Review." Regardless, I'm just happy to see that I'm moving forward in the process.
WeirdLaw  
#54 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 4:28:25 AM(UTC)
WeirdLaw

United States

Originally Posted by: M1keBones Go to Quoted Post
Application was referred for GL07 as of today (according to USA Jobs). I have a masters as well, so I assumed that there would be referral for GL09 as well. When you guys got referred, did you get a referral email for one pay grade then another or were they both at the same time? On the USSS site it says "Application Received" for GL07 but GL09 still says "Under Review." Regardless, I'm just happy to see that I'm moving forward in the process.

I had similar questions to this. My masters will be completed within the time allotment to be eligible for gl9, but everything I've received seems to be directed at 7.

USSS
App 08/20
SAEE 09/20
Super 10/20
M1keBones  
#55 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 8:42:29 AM(UTC)
M1keBones

Originally Posted by: WeirdLaw Go to Quoted Post

I had similar questions to this. My masters will be completed within the time allotment to be eligible for gl9, but everything I've received seems to be directed at 7.

Not sure if your situation is the same but on my application page on the USSS site it says "Application received" under GL07 (I've already been referred and scheduled my SAEE) but under GL09 it still says "Application Under Review." I hate to assume, but maybe GL07 is just the baseline to qualify and they can apply GL09 down the line when they review all your qualifications/experience?
Tiny_Fed_69  
#56 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 9:59:03 AM(UTC)
Tiny_Fed_69

United States

I typed out a reply to this yesterday, but I guess I forgot to hit submit lmao.

I applied to 7 and 9 but only got referred for 9. This was pre-COVID. It seems like you only get selected for one.

This is pure speculation, but I think they probably have more applicants than they know what to do with now. I have a buddy who passed his SUPER about a month ago (at GL-7). The day after he submitted his e-QIP, he received a disqualification email, despite not having anything really bad on his e-QIP. That then reminded me of what the agents at my SUPER told me. You're constantly being compared to other applicants within the pool and may be DQ'd at any point. The last year or two, they've been really desperate for agents. But now I think they have to be very picky because the class space for FLETC is very limited for the foreseeable future.

So that might explain why they're referring people at GL-7 despite you having the qualifications for GL-9. And even then, it may be a crap shoot.
M1keBones  
#57 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 1:16:55 PM(UTC)
M1keBones

For the SUPER, did you have options with scheduling or was it basically "You're interviewing on this day at this time?"
Tiny_Fed_69  
#58 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 8:54:53 AM(UTC)
Tiny_Fed_69

United States

Pretty sure you take what they give you.
M1keBones  
#59 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 5:18:02 PM(UTC)
M1keBones

I figured the SUPER was at a specific time scheduled by the FO. For the SAEE, did you get the results as soon as the test was done?
FederalDreams  
#60 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 5:32:32 PM(UTC)
FederalDreams

United States

I figured the SUPER was at a specific time scheduled by the FO. For the SAEE, did you get the results as soon as the test was done?

When they reached out to schedule the SUPER they provided me 2 dates with a specified time to choose from. & yes, the results for the SAEE are provided immediately upon completing the test. It's pass/fail though, no numerical score.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed