Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

21 Pages«<192021
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FL1811  
#401 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 7:47:22 AM(UTC)
FL1811

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chris_H9856845 Go to Quoted Post
I took my kase 7/2 and still waiting results from that. I took it at the very beginning of the testing window, so maybe that's why it's taking so long

Probably another week or so until you hear. Mine was just over a month (I think a month and 10 days) before I got my results.
AnotherLawyer  
#402 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 7:54:02 AM(UTC)
AnotherLawyer

United States

Originally Posted by: FL1811 Go to Quoted Post
I interviewed a week ago as well. Got my TO earlier this week and received emails for fingerprints and e-QIP so far. Depending on which FO's you interviewed for that's probably the reason for the differences in timing. Some move faster than others from what I've read in past postings.

*anxiety intensifies*

Do we know how they tell you if you don't get it? Hope they don't just leave you hanging...

MICPA  
#403 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 8:29:15 AM(UTC)
MICPA

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AnotherLawyer Go to Quoted Post
I interviewed a week ago as well. Got my TO earlier this week and received emails for fingerprints and e-QIP so far. Depending on which FO's you interviewed for that's probably the reason for the differences in timing. Some move faster than others from what I've read in past postings.

*anxiety intensifies*

Do we know how they tell you if you don't get it? Hope they don't just leave you hanging...

I’m interested as well.. not sure if we should follow up if nothing is heard then?? I was told they wanted to bring ppl onboard before end of FY which is end of September. But that’s prob not feasible with medical etc. unless that meant all TO out by then.
AnotherLawyer  
#404 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 9:36:41 AM(UTC)
AnotherLawyer

United States

Originally Posted by: MICPA Go to Quoted Post

*anxiety intensifies*

I’m interested as well.. not sure if we should follow up if nothing is heard then?? I was told they wanted to bring ppl onboard before end of FY which is end of September. But that’s prob not feasible with medical etc. unless that meant all TO out by then.

No way they are getting people fully onboard by Sept 1. They must mean TO by 9/1 to "fill" the slot from an HR perspective. That might explain why they told me within 30 days when I interviewed at the end of July. I don't plan to bother anyone until after 30 days. My best guess is that if we don't get it, we will hear something in late August. That gives them time to make TOs, have people accept, and at least start the process. If someone declines or has an early issue with background or medical, they can still call us.

I'll be super bummed if I don't get it. I don't think I necessarily knocked my interview out of the park, but it was solid (of course this is my subjective assessment). Based on what others have said it seems like there isn't more than a 2:1 ratio of people who pass the Kase to open slots, so you don't have to be the best interview out of 20. I don't have an accounting background, so maybe I got past HR with my work experience but the specific office I interviewed for wants accountants.

Ok enough with the negativity. Good luck all!

Edit: Questioning accuracy of my original response. I thought you said beginning of September. Maybe they can get people on by the end of Sept.

Edited by user Friday, August 7, 2020 1:05:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: dates

dubyac  
#405 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 2:04:30 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Plan to wait the 30 days so if anything happens sooner you'll be pleasantly surprised. My field office was still conducting interviews last week.
thanks 1 user thanked dubyac for this useful post.
MICPA on 8/7/2020(UTC)
Red  
#406 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 2:20:58 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Another Lawyer- Bummer. Sometimes they put too much emphasis on accounting. I trained two CPAs who later admitted the CPA has very little to do with our job (maybe that's why it is an 1811 and not some accounting series). And many of us used to rely on RAs to do the tax comp and testify to same- is that still the procedure? As a USSS buddy told me when he interviewed new applicants and asked them what they thought agents did, some would say James Bond, secret agent stuff. He would tell them, "we're investigators; we talk to people and get them to talk to us." Same thing with CI.
AnotherLawyer  
#407 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 5:01:12 PM(UTC)
AnotherLawyer

United States

Originally Posted by: Red Go to Quoted Post
Another Lawyer- Bummer. Sometimes they put too much emphasis on accounting.

Well I'm not out yet. Just spinning my brain wheels while I wait.
MICPA  
#408 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 6:16:38 PM(UTC)
MICPA

Originally Posted by: dubyac Go to Quoted Post
Plan to wait the 30 days so if anything happens sooner you'll be pleasantly surprised. My field office was still conducting interviews last week.

Yea think FL said depending on which field office, smaller ones may tend to be quicker.. my question is does anyone know what’s considered small or large? Lol. My POD consists of 60 ppl total- is that consider bigger ones?
Hagen  
#409 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 7:40:46 PM(UTC)
Hagen

United States

Is it safe to say that once we have started the application process, we will at last have an opportunity to make it all the way through? I just received my online job assessment results back last week and am waiting to see if I pass the resume/transcript review to take the KASE. I have an accounting degree, so I think I should be ok for the review part, but with everything taking about a month, I am concerned that I may just not get processed before they decide to wrap up the hiring process.
dubyac  
#410 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 7:48:06 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Hagen,

I would expect you would be able to. Worst case scenario is the hiring process would be paused if hiring needs changed. The KaSE score if I remember correctly is good for three years.

MICPA, POD or field office? That sounds like a big POD or a smaller field office.
thanks 1 user thanked dubyac for this useful post.
Hagen on 8/7/2020(UTC)
MICPA  
#411 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2020 5:57:15 AM(UTC)
MICPA

Originally Posted by: dubyac Go to Quoted Post
Hagen,

I would expect you would be able to. Worst case scenario is the hiring process would be paused if hiring needs changed. The KaSE score if I remember correctly is good for three years.

MICPA, POD or field office? That sounds like a big POD or a smaller field office.

Lol.. I thought they were the same.. my POD is also a FO that I applied to.
jlsejreji  
#412 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2020 7:54:23 AM(UTC)
jlsejreji

*anxiety intensifies*

I wouldn't expect to hear anything. I interviewed last October (early 2019 announcement) and never heard back. Application status still shows "referred." Interviewed again in April for the current announcement, and also never heard back (although my status for that one did change from "referred" back to "reviewed" a few months later).
MICPA  
#413 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2020 8:43:03 AM(UTC)
MICPA

Originally Posted by: jlsejreji Go to Quoted Post

*anxiety intensifies*

I wouldn't expect to hear anything. I interviewed last October (early 2019 announcement) and never heard back. Application status still shows "referred." Interviewed again in April for the current announcement, and also never heard back (although my status for that one did change from "referred" back to "reviewed" a few months later).

Wow that sucks. I’d def reach out to the SAC who interviewed you. I mean it doesn’t hurt?
AnotherLawyer  
#414 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 8:05:14 AM(UTC)
AnotherLawyer

United States

TO just came through by email.

Thanks to everyone in this thread (and by PMs) for info and advice along the way. Fingers crossed those on here get good news soon!
thanks 1 user thanked AnotherLawyer for this useful post.
Inception on 8/11/2020(UTC)
VersaVice  
#415 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 8:15:47 AM(UTC)
VersaVice

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
TO just came through by email.

Thanks to everyone in this thread (and by PMs) for info and advice along the way. Fingers crossed those on here get good news soon!

Congrats!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed