Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

21 Pages«<192021
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Amalgamation  
#401 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2022 6:08:58 PM(UTC)
Amalgamation

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Navy80 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the response! So an IA will go to 13 without competing for it then? Did the people who had a hardship all get their preferred location? My wife is in the guard so I hope to stay close to her unit. Did anyone fail out of the IA academy? Was the academy everything you thought it would be? Lastly, are you able to choose which career path you go? Tactical, collection, strategic? I appreciate your help!

My apologies on the delayed response. Provided your work is satisfactory, you will get to 13 without competing for it. I believe everyone who had a hardship got their preferred location, but not everyone who applies for a hardship gets it. I don't know what the requirements are for getting a hardship approved, sorry.

Yes, people do fail out of the academy for various reasons. Remember, though, that the Bureau *wants* you to succeed - they've put a lot of money and time into getting you there, and they'll give you everything you need to graduate. We had a few people who failed a test each - you get assigned a tutor and have very serious review before you take it again. Most people go through without any fails, though. The academy was tough, not going to lie, but doable. Have faith in yourself; you've made it this far, you've got Q.

No, you do not get to choose your career path at the beginning: you go where you're assigned. After your first assignment, though, there is opportunity for movement as internal job openings happen.

On the travel question, you do get reimbursement for your travel to Q, but it's based on government travel rates, not exact money spent. Keep your receipts, there will be a class at Q on how to put in for reimbursement. I and my classmates got our invites roughly 6 weeks before Q, and you will receive a *lot* of communication and information in subsequent weeks. Congrats to all in the February class!
thanks 4 users thanked Amalgamation for this useful post.
cmar on 1/4/2022(UTC), Navy80 on 1/5/2022(UTC), js224 on 1/5/2022(UTC), CriminalIA on 1/6/2022(UTC)
Navy80  
#402 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 5:01:43 AM(UTC)
Navy80

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Amalgamation Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Navy80 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the response! So an IA will go to 13 without competing for it then? Did the people who had a hardship all get their preferred location? My wife is in the guard so I hope to stay close to her unit. Did anyone fail out of the IA academy? Was the academy everything you thought it would be? Lastly, are you able to choose which career path you go? Tactical, collection, strategic? I appreciate your help!

My apologies on the delayed response. Provided your work is satisfactory, you will get to 13 without competing for it. I believe everyone who had a hardship got their preferred location, but not everyone who applies for a hardship gets it. I don't know what the requirements are for getting a hardship approved, sorry.

Yes, people do fail out of the academy for various reasons. Remember, though, that the Bureau *wants* you to succeed - they've put a lot of money and time into getting you there, and they'll give you everything you need to graduate. We had a few people who failed a test each - you get assigned a tutor and have very serious review before you take it again. Most people go through without any fails, though. The academy was tough, not going to lie, but doable. Have faith in yourself; you've made it this far, you've got Q.

No, you do not get to choose your career path at the beginning: you go where you're assigned. After your first assignment, though, there is opportunity for movement as internal job openings happen.

On the travel question, you do get reimbursement for your travel to Q, but it's based on government travel rates, not exact money spent. Keep your receipts, there will be a class at Q on how to put in for reimbursement. I and my classmates got our invites roughly 6 weeks before Q, and you will receive a *lot* of communication and information in subsequent weeks. Congrats to all in the February class!

Great information! Thank you
305Esquire  
#403 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 9:58:16 AM(UTC)
305Esquire

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Invite for Q received!
Grade and Step are wrong but I am sure the FJO will reflect the CJO.

thanks 2 users thanked 305Esquire for this useful post.
CriminalIA on 1/6/2022(UTC), cmar on 1/6/2022(UTC)
nerdish1  
#404 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 10:56:24 AM(UTC)

Hi, can someone please tell me whether the IA is considered a "position of public trust"?

Long story why I need to know. TIA
vvtops  
#405 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 8:23:44 AM(UTC)
vvtops

United States

I am a fed who was recently promoted. Does anyone know if we should send over updated salary information? It is to my understanding that they will try to match the salary of current feds but I may be wrong. Thanks!
CriminalIA  
#406 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 10:02:48 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: vvtops Go to Quoted Post
I am a fed who was recently promoted. Does anyone know if we should send over updated salary information? It is to my understanding that they will try to match the salary of current feds but I may be wrong. Thanks!

This is definitely a question for your AC in case there is an exception, but the current IASP candidate info packet says this:

"Intelligence Analysts without work experience generally enter the FBI at the GS-7 level with an undergraduate degree and at the GS-9 level with a graduate degree. The final decision on your grade level is based on the needs of the FBI and your specific qualifications for the Intelligence Analyst position. Once you have accepted a CJO, the grade level offered is the one at which you will be hired. You cannot renegotiate your grade level after being hired."

(emphasis added - taken from page 37)
KD18  
#407 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 3:05:36 PM(UTC)
KD18

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Got my FJO see y'all later this month !
thanks 2 users thanked KD18 for this useful post.
CriminalIA on 2/1/2022(UTC), cmar on 2/2/2022(UTC)
CriminalIA  
#408 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2022 6:26:29 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KD18 Go to Quoted Post
Got my FJO see y'all later this month !

I hope this means many more people on the forum will be getting theirs soon!

Congratulations!

Edited by user Wednesday, February 2, 2022 6:27:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

305Esquire  
#409 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2022 8:30:09 AM(UTC)
305Esquire

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I also received my FJO yesterday - 2/1/2022.
See you there @KD18.
thanks 2 users thanked 305Esquire for this useful post.
cmar on 2/2/2022(UTC), CriminalIA on 2/2/2022(UTC)
JessElizabeth  
#410 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2022 11:59:48 AM(UTC)
JessElizabeth

United States

If we were emailed about available Q dates, and what our preference is, once we have emailed back (my Q date preference was august), when should we expect to hear anything else back?
hopefulanalyst  
#411 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 10:50:23 AM(UTC)
hopefulanalyst

United States

Originally Posted by: JessElizabeth Go to Quoted Post
If we were emailed about available Q dates, and what our preference is, once we have emailed back (my Q date preference was august), when should we expect to hear anything else back?

Curious if you've heard anything back? I just got my Q dates yesterday and am wondering how long it might take.
Bikerrr  
#412 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 11:26:10 AM(UTC)
Bikerrr

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Asking because I am approved for hire already… what dates did they share were available for Q?
vvtops  
#413 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2022 11:50:37 AM(UTC)
vvtops

United States

I was emailed about Q dates 6 weeks ago. From looking around at older threads it looks like it's closer to the potential date you selected.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed