Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

21 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
305Esquire  
#61 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 2:31:37 PM(UTC)
305Esquire

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
That’s what I figured.
I’ll just sit tight then.
305Esquire  
#62 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 4:31:14 AM(UTC)
305Esquire

I got the email last night.
Passed P2 5/3.

WaitingIsTheHardestPart  
#63 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 7:48:47 AM(UTC)
WaitingIsTheHardestPart

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dune-8 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 305Esquire Go to Quoted Post
I got the email last night. Passed P2 5/3.

Congrats!

@WaitingIsTheHardestPart, any news over the last 2 weeks?

Radio silence, but I just saw someone over in the SA thread who had a date change recently was unfavorable adjudicated. So that's terrifying.
TheSecDev  
#64 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2020 9:05:20 AM(UTC)
TheSecDev

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Application updated! Finally.
Hampton121  
#65 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2020 9:24:44 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TheSecDev Go to Quoted Post

What did it update to
BoundMorpheme  
#66 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2020 9:48:09 AM(UTC)
BoundMorpheme

United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)

Do you mean on the fbijobs.gov site where it shows all of your applications?
TheSecDev  
#67 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2020 9:49:50 AM(UTC)
TheSecDev

United States

Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post

What did it update to

Originally Posted by: BoundMorpheme Go to Quoted Post

Do you mean on the fbijobs.gov site where it shows all of your applications?

I was on Phase 3 on the original posting for 2020 and was under review for the new 2020 posting and now both state Phase 3. So hopefully I will hear something this time about scheduling Phase 3.
NewSkillz  
#68 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 5:51:44 PM(UTC)
NewSkillz

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Jerri has just posted an IA podcast. Haven’t listened to it yet, but have been anxiously awaiting it. Thought I would share it out before I forgot:

http://fbiretiredcasefil...e-analyst-non-agent-jobs

Originally Posted by: Gnocchi16 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I came across a great resource and thought I would post it here. I’m in the IA process but found this podcast to be very informative and full of valuable information for anyone in the SA or IA application process.

Podcast (dated 2/13/2019)
FBI Retired Case File Review w/Jerri Williams
Episode 153: Q&A with Special Agent FBI Recruiter, Special Agent Cerena Coughlin
2 hours, 9 minutes

Link:
https://podcasts.apple.c...82012464?i=1000429826599

Description:
“Special Agent Cerena Coughlin, an FBI recruiter for the Philadelphia Division, provides answers to questions about the FBI sent in by FBI Retired Case File Review listeners interested in applying to become analysts and specials agents with the FBI. All potential FBI Special Agent candidates must start the application process online at FBIJobs.gov.
Special Agent Cerena Coughlin has been with the FBI for more than 18 years. Currently, she is the Employment Recruiter for the Philadelphia Field Office and also the local Coordinator for InfraGard, a public/private partnership between the FBI and representatives of critical infrastructure. She was a member of the Los Angeles Innocent Images SAFE Team where she investigated cases involving the sexual exploitation of children, and was assigned to Counterterrorism squads in the Los Angeles and Baltimore Divisions. In the Philadelphia Division, before being assigned as the FBI recruiter, she was on a Cybercrime squad. She is married to an FBI agent and they have three children.”

App 9/18
Ph1 12/18
Ph2 1/19 (2/19)
Ph3 6/19
CJO/BI/e-QIP 7/19
SI/UA/FP/Poly: 8/19
Investigator/Credit 9/19
Q 12/20

thanks 1 user thanked NewSkillz for this useful post.
QuietTenacity on 5/20/2020(UTC)
CriminalIA  
#69 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 7:56:11 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NewSkillz Go to Quoted Post
Jerri has just posted an IA podcast. Haven’t listened to it yet, but have been anxiously awaiting it. Thought I would share it out before I forgot:

http://fbiretiredcasefil...e-analyst-non-agent-jobs

Originally Posted by: Gnocchi16 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I came across a great resource and thought I would post it here. I’m in the IA process but found this podcast to be very informative and full of valuable information for anyone in the SA or IA application process.

Podcast (dated 2/13/2019)
FBI Retired Case File Review w/Jerri Williams
Episode 153: Q&A with Special Agent FBI Recruiter, Special Agent Cerena Coughlin
2 hours, 9 minutes

Link:
https://podcasts.apple.c...82012464?i=1000429826599

Description:
“Special Agent Cerena Coughlin, an FBI recruiter for the Philadelphia Division, provides answers to questions about the FBI sent in by FBI Retired Case File Review listeners interested in applying to become analysts and specials agents with the FBI. All potential FBI Special Agent candidates must start the application process online at FBIJobs.gov.
Special Agent Cerena Coughlin has been with the FBI for more than 18 years. Currently, she is the Employment Recruiter for the Philadelphia Field Office and also the local Coordinator for InfraGard, a public/private partnership between the FBI and representatives of critical infrastructure. She was a member of the Los Angeles Innocent Images SAFE Team where she investigated cases involving the sexual exploitation of children, and was assigned to Counterterrorism squads in the Los Angeles and Baltimore Divisions. In the Philadelphia Division, before being assigned as the FBI recruiter, she was on a Cybercrime squad. She is married to an FBI agent and they have three children.”

Some good info in the new podcast for people who aren't aware of the different roles IAs can have. Thanks for sharing!
BoundMorpheme  
#70 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 6:06:09 AM(UTC)
BoundMorpheme

United States

Did anyone else with both an old and new application have their new one updated this morning? Mine is weird because even though my previous one was showing Phase III, the new one was only updated to Phase II.
Hampton121  
#71 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 6:25:57 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Did anyone else with both an old and new application have their new one updated this morning? Mine is weird because even though my previous one was showing Phase III, the new one was only updated to Phase II.

Oh wow u right my application did update this morning i don't normally check unless i get an email but my application status changed to IA Phase 2
howellminn  
#72 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 3:30:12 PM(UTC)
howellminn

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hey all,

As others have said recently, my status changed not long ago to Assessment Phase 1 (I applied only a few weeks ago). Anyone else recently move to this step and if so, how long until you actually received some correspondence about taking the test?

I got an email today from the IA recruitment team providing some documents on the IASP but nothing about the test. Thanks!
TheSecDev  
#73 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2020 8:40:57 PM(UTC)
TheSecDev

United States

My original 2020 application was Phase III and my new 2020 application went from under review to Phase III on May 14th and has not changed since. Just thought I'd share that mine hasn't dropped/updated from Phase III to Phase II.
BoundMorpheme  
#74 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 7:40:35 AM(UTC)
BoundMorpheme

United States

My original 2020 application was Phase III and my new 2020 application went from under review to Phase III on May 14th and has not changed since. Just thought I'd share that mine hasn't dropped/updated from Phase III to Phase II.

My status of Phase II was changed to Phase III this morning with no email notification. So if you've got an old and new application and want to know your status, keep checking the FBIjobs.gov portal and don't rely solely on the emails from them.

Hampton121  
#75 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 7:43:23 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

My status just dropped from IA phase 2 to IA phase 1 that is so weird. I sure hope they don't make me retake the test
Bentley  
#76 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 4:27:40 PM(UTC)
Bentley

I got an email today to schedule my Phase 1 test. Is it difficult?
IAdreamin  
#77 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 6:19:33 PM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Originally Posted by: Bentley Go to Quoted Post
I got an email today to schedule my Phase 1 test. Is it difficult?

Congrats!

I can't say if it was difficult or not. It's relative to the person. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses.

One part is exactly like the sample questions in the IASP Handbook. These are your 'layups'. Go over the 3-4 sample questions. Review the answers. If you got them wrong, figure out why. If you got them right, don't become overconfident. Get in the mindset to read and fully comprehend/process/analyze what you're reading. This is the only part of the test that you can actually prepare for. Take advantage of it.

No one can talk about the contents of the second portion. It's designed so that you can't study. Just clear your mind, drink water, and try to stay relaxed. I can't say if it was easy or hard because they don't give feedback. It's pass/fail. There were some questions that I was confident about, but I could've been wrong. Others I tried to work through and felt that I bombed, but maybe I got those right lol.

The main tip I can give without violating any confidentiality agreement is to manage your time well. If you don't know the answer within 30 seconds, skip it. You'll be able to go back at the end (time permitting). No point in wrecking your brain and wasting time thinking about something that ultimately is just gonna result in your best guess. At the end, you'll be able to dive deeper into those questions without risking missing out on questions you know.

Good luck!
IA Applicant
Applied: Sep 26 2018
PI: Dec 6 2018
PII: Dec 11 2018 (Jan 17 2019)
PIII: Nov 8 2019
Poly/Prints: Jan 2020
HopefullyChozen2Lead  
#78 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 4:35:13 AM(UTC)
HopefullyChozen2Lead

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey Everyone,

I've been watching this thread for sometime now. Very excited to begin this process. I am one of those with a CJ degree but I also have a masters. so utterly shocked I was picked. I received an email to take the phase 1 test so will keep you posted.

IA Applicant
APP: 4/2/20
P1: NEXT WEEK
App: 09/2020
Interviews: 12/2020
CJO: 12/2020
PSI: 03/2021
FP/DT: 03/2021
Poly: 04/2021
BI Start: 05/2021
BI End: 12/2021
ptello  
#79 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 4:24:17 AM(UTC)
ptello

United States

Hi everyone, wanted to make a post to see if anyone has shared a similar experience with the IA process after applying.

I originally applied out of undergrad in 2012 and was moved on into Phase 1 which I passed but was never contacted about Phase 2.

I was contacted about phase 2 in 2017 after graduating with a masters degree and passed that as well but never contacted regarding Phase 3

Putting in additional applications in the meantime and one of my recent applications was moved into Phase 1 and received an email about tips for taking the test.

Does anyone have a similar experience or at least know if I will have to retake Phase 1 and 2 as I'm not sure if they've updated it since I took both.

Thanks
App: 2011
P1: 2012
P2: 2016
P3: 2/3/21
CJO: 3/3/21
CWilliams81  
#80 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 11:29:06 AM(UTC)
CWilliams81

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Ptello: I applied for the 2018 announcement and passed phase one and two. I was worried they were going to make me retake phase one since they changed it, but my status just updated to phase three last week.

Does anyone know how they plan to handle phase three this year? I can’t imagine they would organize a mass gathering in a major city. I’m hoping they just do it via Skype/Zoom instead of waiting out Corona.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed