Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
OBE17  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 7:37:55 AM(UTC)
OBE17

Groups: Registered
United States

Does anyone have any experience with that stipulation in the Shadrick Formula that states that "2, 5, or 10-year-old claims, where the job rate has either doubled due to boom or halved due to bust, cancel out its effectiveness."

I've been out for 36 years! I was a WG10 Step 3 earning $444.80 at the time of injury. That pay rate today is $950.40 today!

If its use was apropos there is only so much they could hurt me! That would be good news.

Somebody PLEASE tell me something good...lol?
OBE17  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2020 3:43:34 AM(UTC)
OBE17

Groups: Registered
United States

This happens to me often. I think it's due to the questions I ask. The simple ones, that usually amount to nothing more difficult than asking someone where the restroom is, get a slew of replies but ask a question that is a little "knotty" and you check-in everyday and stare at a big ZERO in your reply column.

My question relates to the way in which a claims examiner calculates an IWs LWEC benefit and some "expert" throws the Shadrick Formula at you as if the seven numbers in that equation are simple to arrive at. The truth is, there are some less obvious considerations attached to WEC, LWEC, Actual Earning Capacity %. Actual Earning Capacity Amount, and Wage Earning Capacity Loss that call for the application of some in-depth exploration. These "experts" don't delve into the question too far perhaps not because they don't know the answer but because they aren't going to give-up the answer for FREE!

If anyone wants to know the answer (which, by the way I figured out for myself) I'll gladly share it. In my case it has to do mostly with increases over time, cost of living, and the CPI. And for that matter, a seemingly basic quandry of, which figure goes in which Item.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed