Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Relocating

Are you considering relocating your federal career - either by your choice or by Uncle Sam? There are practical issues and concerns to think about when deciding whether or not to relocate. Others have done it while still others have not. This forum will allow for all to offer their insight, post their questions, and help each other out.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
frizell  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:07:33 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I will be PCS to Japan soon and I have to move out of my apartment 3 days prior to my flight date plus I have a long lay over. Does anyone know if hotel and rental car can be submit for daily per-diem? Thank you.
Endless Summer  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:06:26 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Was thanked: 227 time(s) in 197 post(s)
Originally Posted by: frizell Go to Quoted Post
I will be PCS to Japan soon and I have to move out of my apartment 3 days prior to my flight date plus I have a long lay over. Does anyone know if hotel and rental car can be submit for daily per-diem? Thank you.

Look into Foreign Transfer Allowance, that is what you are referring to. Covers up to 10 days prior to your departure, but I'm not sure about rental car.
djp  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 4:13:12 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Originally Posted by: frizell Go to Quoted Post

Hotel and Perdue woukd be. It’s part of temporary quarters pre move. You have to stay with the area you are moving from.

I’m undure on the car rental. It should be given you move overseas...it depends on the orders fine print.

RVRGRL  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:17:10 PM(UTC)
RVRGRL

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 22 post(s)
No car rentals. Even overseas. It sucks. Puts the burden of initial transportation on the sponsor who usually can't use a GOV; or taxi costs on the employee. Though here in Europe some of the TLAs have gotten wise; jacked up their prices then offering a "free" rental car.

DaVinci95  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 5:45:17 AM(UTC)
DaVinci95

United States

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 75 post(s)
If you are a new hire, you don't qualify for any reimbursement prior to your EOD. If you are a current Federal employee, then you should be covered for lodging, meals, and laundry.
JDSIII  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 6:39:56 AM(UTC)
JDSIII

Man
United States

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Hotel definitely (TQSE), rental vehicle definitely not. You can claim the taxi/shuttle to the airport and you will have TQSA (temp quarters) once you arrive in Japan. Here's a good link with info: https://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/faqpcs.cfm
Rss Feed  Atom Feed