Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HKMark23  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 8:44:37 AM(UTC)
HKMark23

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is it the job of a PTF level 6 clerk to do ECC cases? In my old post office my postmaster did the ECC cases. When it changed over to C360 she would just make us do them. Is it our job? Does it say in the contract? The clerk in my old office is very interested in this information.
thepozr  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 9:32:05 AM(UTC)
thepozr

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
From what I've heard, it varies by office. If there is a lead clerk, it's their job. If not, it's management's job. Haven't got anything definite on that, just the way it is where I am.
Roger.D  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 11:35:44 AM(UTC)
Roger.D

United States

Was thanked: 816 time(s) in 641 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HKMark23 Go to Quoted Post
Is it the job of a PTF level 6 clerk to do ECC cases? In my old post office my postmaster did the ECC cases. When it changed over to C360 she would just make us do them. Is it our job? Does it say in the contract? The clerk in my old office is very interested in this information.

I would contact your NBA for guidance.
z165012  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 1:39:00 PM(UTC)
z165012

United States

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)
with C360 being new, there is nothing in the contract about it
Voyager989  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 7:51:54 PM(UTC)
Voyager989

United States

It is the APWU position that most ACE computer based tasks are actually clerk work. Answering C360/ECC cases seems like it would fall under the Level 7 Complaints and Inquiry job description.

If management is giving the craft additional work, then do it properly, including requesting any necessary training, and take the hours, and make a case pay should be at higher level for the time spent on those duties.

Edited by user Friday, February 14, 2020 7:54:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Grammar correction.

thanks 1 user thanked Voyager989 for this useful post.
The Postmaster on 2/16/2020(UTC)
Sunandmoon  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 6:48:27 AM(UTC)
Sunandmoon

United States

In order to do ECC/C360, it requires higher access inside MYPO. That access requires a 1723 on file with a detail end date. That higher access is the realm of management. Therefore ECC/C360 is a management responsibility.

Locale management informed me I would be doing this. I requested the order to be written, then informed them I would file a grievance for higher pay, and overtime since it was not part of my assigned duties and could not perform said duty while the window was open.

Locale management now handles all ECC/C360 cases.

All grievances are local, check with steward, branch president and nba for guidance.
Just Cause  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 9:28:50 AM(UTC)
Just Cause

Was thanked: 348 time(s) in 275 post(s)
Originally Posted by: roger.d Go to Quoted Post

Do you know what ECC is?
Roger.D  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 11:16:27 AM(UTC)
Roger.D

United States

Originally Posted by: Just Cause Go to Quoted Post

Do you know what ECC is?

By reading post #2 by thepozer, I can with certainty say that no one knows the specifics of the OP's office. Thus they should contact their NBA for guidance.
Just Cause  
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 12:06:47 PM(UTC)
Just Cause

Do you know what ECC is?

By reading post #2 by thepozer, I can with certainty say that no one knows the specifics of the OP's office. Thus they should contact their NBA for guidance.

So, what is ECC?
postalvet  
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 1:25:43 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2934 time(s) in 2325 post(s)
https://www.21cpw.com/us...-underway-for-c360-tool/

USPS has begun rolling out its Customer 360 platform at Consumer Affairs offices, Customer Care Centers and Post Offices.
Customer Care Centers in Troy, MI, and Edison, NJ, along with Post Offices in Capital Metro Area, have been testing the new tool — called C360 — for several months.
C360 is part of the Postal Service’s core strategy to deliver excellent customer experiences. The system shows when, where and how often a customer has previously contacted the Postal Service for help, and it integrates other applications to help resolve customer inquiries faster.
“With the potential of over 60,000 employees logging in and using this system, careful attention is being given to training and accessibility,” said Western Area Marketing Manager Debra Persico, who is overseeing the implementation of C360.
Care center agents are receiving training on the new system.
Training for area and district ambassadors, all of whom will provide training and assistance to field offices, is underway. The HERO learning platform will also have training for Consumer and Industry Contact offices and Post Offices.
“Of course, everyone using this new product must first complete training prior to submitting a request for access,” Persico said.
The C360 rollout is taking place over several months. The Customer 360 Blue page has more information.
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
Roger.D  
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 3:33:06 PM(UTC)
Roger.D

United States

Do you know what ECC is?

So, what is ECC?

Go ahead and answer the OP's question.

PTFPete  
#12 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 4:33:04 PM(UTC)
PTFPete

United States

I’m a PTF in a small level 18 office and all Clerks in our District were required to attend C360 training. Prior to the rollout of C360 we were expected to handle eCC cases through MYPO. APWU has never had an issue with it. No doubt it falls under the much-abused category of “other duties as assigned”. When the postmaster is out of the office we enter every report - MYPO, c360, RIMS, CMS, Political Certification, WebBATS, EOD, eFLASH, CPMS - without HL pay. And this list seems to be getting longer every week as the number crunchers seek to justify their existence.
Just Cause  
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 4:51:17 AM(UTC)
Just Cause

Originally Posted by: PTFPete Go to Quoted Post
I’m a PTF in a small level 18 office and all Clerks in our District were required to attend C360 training. Prior to the rollout of C360 we were expected to handle eCC cases through MYPO. APWU has never had an issue with it. No doubt it falls under the much-abused category of “other duties as assigned”. When the postmaster is out of the office we enter every report - MYPO, c360, RIMS, CMS, Political Certification, WebBATS, EOD, eFLASH, CPMS - without HL pay. And this list seems to be getting longer every week as the number crunchers seek to justify their existence.

In our area ECC cases are handled by the 204b and finance supervisors. At one time, the supervisor directed limited duties to answer the cases using the supervisor’s ACE account. "Scary"

Did they create an ACE account for you? Do you have access to TACS also? They have you to do the EOD? WOW
MPE2009  
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 9:10:39 AM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 516 time(s) in 402 post(s)

In our area ECC cases are handled by the 204b and finance supervisors. At one time, the supervisor directed limited duties to answer the cases using the supervisor’s ACE account. "Scary"

Did they create an ACE account for you? Do you have access to TACS also? They have you to do the EOD? WOW

Only an idiot would ever allow somebody into TACS under his(the idiot's) ace id and pw. Only an idiot would allow somebody on the computer when they're logged in, if he isn't literally standing there over the user's shoulder every single second. That's incredibly risky behavior, esp in today's cyber world.
The Postmaster  
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 11:16:36 AM(UTC)
The Postmaster

United States

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 88 post(s)

Do you know what ECC is?

So, what is ECC?

ECC = "E Customer Care"
Just because you are paranoid does not mean that they are not out to get you
Just Cause  
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 12:41:44 PM(UTC)
Just Cause

Originally Posted by: The Postmaster Go to Quoted Post

Do you know what ECC is?

So, what is ECC?

ECC = "E Customer Care"

I know what it is. Just want roger.d to answer it.
Roger.D  
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 2:02:47 PM(UTC)
Roger.D

United States

I know what it is. Just want roger.d to answer it.

You still have not given the OP the answer as to who is responsible for this in THEIR office.

If the OP disagrees with their management on who is responsible, inevitably it will end up at thier NBA's office. Best to get the NBA's input that they will hear the case before going forward with a grievance.
PTFPete  
#18 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 4:24:05 PM(UTC)
PTFPete

United States

Yes, most PTF/Regular Clerks working in Level 18 offices have ACE and Outlook accounts. The only application we don’t have access to is TACS.
Just Cause  
#19 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 4:42:40 PM(UTC)
Just Cause

Just make sure you are trained for ECC. Each ECC case may take up to 15 minutes or more, depending on the case. Majorities are “where is my package? Or misdelivery”. Would you rather sorting parcels and working at the window? I would rather sit in front of the PC and do some Google maps and RIMS.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed