Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dawgie  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 9:38:07 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Since I can’t collect WC and fers retirement at the same time and I choose WC ,since opm was paying the fehb premium but now I withdraw from opm who pays for me my families health insurance.who do I contact to find out or get them to pay the premiums who do I contact. I already talked to opm and they said I have to write him a letter to withdraw my fers annuity
edalder  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 2:02:02 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 192 time(s) in 167 post(s)
If you have elected OWCP, then send the election letter to OPM with a copy to OWCP. Specifically ask that OPM transfer your FEHB enrollment to OWCP.

OWCP will make the deductions for your health insurance from your compensation. But, there also is some paperwork between OPM and OWCP that needs to occur as well.
Kivi
dawgie  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 5:39:07 PM(UTC)

Thank you Kivi,I’m out of California who or where do I send this letter to? OWCP
edalder  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 12:11:39 PM(UTC)

Send the original letter and election form to OPM. The OPM address is probably in Boyers, PA, but consult your OPM paperwork to be sure.

A copy should go to OWCP and include a copy of the election form as well.
Kivi
edalder  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 12:12:49 PM(UTC)

Send the original letter and election form to OPM. The OPM address is probably in Boyers, PA, but consult your OPM paperwork to be sure.

A copy should go to OWCP and include a copy of the election form as well. You can also upload the OWCP copies, but I do not believe that OPM offers that option.
Kivi
dawgie  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 4:25:19 PM(UTC)

Thank you, is there a special form i must submit. I was told a hand written election statement wil do ? Thanks again for your help
Rss Feed  Atom Feed