Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Career Planning and Development

Are you looking to get promoted?
Maybe a change in your federal career?
Need tips on resume writing to land a federal job?
Or how to increase your salary or get a pay raise?

Join this active discussion with others climbing the same challenging career ladder.

Consider ordering some helpful resources or read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues by visiting FederalDaily.com.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Endless Summer  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2020 5:51:02 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 227 time(s) in 197 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Unknown007 Go to Quoted Post
I know this is absolutely dumb to ask, but what the hell!

My relative is a medical doctor, and I was told you got nothing to worry about. With all these drastic changes several states are taking by telling employees to work from home. I am curious if anyone who got job offers in another state requested to be put at a vacant spot in their hometown. For example, if there is a vacant position in my hometown and was advertised can I request to have that spot due to coronavirus?

Even those my question sounds stupid, I am curious how this politics will play out in the job market. For people that are looking to get their foot in door, and lateral transfer after 2 years to their desired location. Would this be a good excuse for people to request another location that benefits both agency and the employer during a time of crisis. I am guessing HR would say buzz off.

I am very tempted to try this out on Monday, but I at the same time I want to keep a healthy relationship with HR. Then I dont need to join a union.

I'm thinking it would be totally irrelevant that there was a "vacant spot" in your hometown. If that position isn't being advertised, there's a reason for it. Maybe they don't have the funding or they are changing their focus.

If you're talking about postings that list openings in several areas, then sure, it makes sense to voice a preference. It sounds like you are a current fed and you want to apply for a position in another area, if that's the case, throw your hat in the ring but don't expect the decision to be made logically.
djp  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2020 6:31:05 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 146 post(s)

Because of this some agencies May ask most employees to work from home. New employees can’t do this so they likely will have hiring freezes in place until this settles down.

mallen  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2020 9:56:50 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Not cool, you promised....
Endless Summer  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2020 10:19:41 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Like I said before...

We can't start missing you if you won't go away.
Endless Summer  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 1:54:59 AM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Mallen and Endless Summer, you guys are a bunch of low class scumbags that thrive on cyberbullying.

Yeah, but I'm an honest low-life scumbag. I still can't figure out if any of your tales of woe have any relation to fact. You got all bent out of shape when we called you out on your conflicting stories and promised to never post again...

Here's a hint, if you haven't figured it out. You can change your username and delete all your posts, but when people quote you that post lives on. And your new username is now linked to the old one.

So, here's how you do it. You drop off the radar screen for a few months then come back with a totally new username, not changing the one you've got, and preferably not containing "Unknown". Next you try to avoid posting the kind of posts that will make it easy to ID you. Hint, the endless diatribes about how the world is doing you wrong and you're the victim of nepotism and a thousand other slights will be a dead giveaway.

See, I really do want to help.
thanks 1 user thanked Endless Summer for this useful post.
FS0201 on 3/9/2020(UTC)
mallen  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 9:14:31 AM(UTC)

Why should I tell you the full story, when I dont even know you?

Your the one who keeps telling the story.

Profanity is not appropriate here, even if you (deliberately?) mis-spell it to get by the filter.

mallen  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 10:29:13 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: mallen Go to Quoted Post

Profanity is not appropriate here, even if you (deliberately?) mis-spell it to get by the filter.

What is this, the church of latter day saints?

Profanity, what are you in AZZWIPE the 3rd grade? Maybe you should buy some baby wipes to clean up your stain marks for fantasizing about your fellow cult members on here.

Shows how immature you are when you got to follow people around to just cause drama. What is the point of posting in my thread if you dont like the person from thd beginning? Oh forgot, you are an IDIOT :)

Go ahead. Keep talking. You do more to humiliate your self than we ever could.
mallen  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 11:55:34 AM(UTC)

Profanity, what are you in AZZWIPE the 3rd grade? Maybe you should buy some baby wipes to clean up your stain marks for fantasizing about your fellow cult members on here.

Shows how immature you are when you got to follow people around to just cause drama. What is the point of posting in my thread if you dont like the person from thd beginning? Oh forgot, you are an IDIOT :)

Shouldn't you be working, instead of wasting taxpayers dollars on a discussion forum? You know its consider misconduct, fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement of funds that could be reported to the OIG.

Be my guest...

mallen  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 1:51:31 PM(UTC)

Be my guest...

No thank you, I am not interested in men. You should try checking with Endless Summer, you guys seem to get along very well ;)

Uhhhmm yea....Alrighty then. Your literally all over the place and not making any sense. You might want to consider getting back on your meds.

Edited by user Monday, March 9, 2020 1:54:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

old fed  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 2:28:41 PM(UTC)
old fed

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)

hard to believe you keep getting passed over locally. but keep on keeping on, son.

IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 3:49:19 AM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Here is my perspective,

1. Since I am moving, I am at high risk of getting COVID-19.

2. If I did get COVID-19 while traveling in an airplane and going between airports, I will be putting my colleagues at risk.

3. Looking at OPM they are starting to encourage people to telework.

4. If the hiring freeze happened after my EOD, and opm enforces all federal employees to be on paid administrative leave. Would newly hired personnel receive pay checks even though they technically did nothing? If the answer is no, I have cancel the job opportunity. I wouldn't be able to pay my rent during this crisis.

Too many what ifs...

I am wondering why agencies haven't started rescinding job offers. It would be nice idea to at least allow applicants with job offers to be reassigned to a suitable office location in their local community. This way they are containing the virus and preventing further spread of COVID-19.

What happens the day I move, and couple days before my EOD OPM puts a freeze on all hiring? Then I am screwed.

Would it be a reasonable request to fill a vacant position in my hometown in fear of getting other sick?

Are you or are you not currently a federal employee? Your past posts have given the impression of both which cannot be true. The posts are days apart where you said you weren’t and then said you were a federal employee. You have made many posts regarding the injustices you perceive to be against you and you have all made complaints about current federal employees on this site to the point where you are strolling thru a fetish site and you find the need to post about a govt car. Your posts are all over the place.

Do you actually have an offer with an agency or is this question a hypothetical? Obviously to answer some of your questions we need to know the truth. If you’re already a federal employee and admin leave is ordered then you’ll be covered at your other agency. If tentative offers are put on hold but you’re with another agency, the HR Departments at both agencies will have to work together.

What I can tell you is that you cannot use the panic of the virus to somehow squeeze yourself into a permanent position at an office closest to you. If the agency wants you to start right away maybe temporary accommodations may be made but again this is really moot if you don’t even have a job offer in hand or you’re not actually a federal employee.
old fed  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:41:55 AM(UTC)
old fed

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Originally Posted by: old fed Go to Quoted Post

hard to believe you keep getting passed over locally. but keep on keeping on, son.

Thank you for being civil, this discussion was suppose to be about the coronavirus. For some reason Endless Summer and Mallen just love following me around to annoy me on purpose.

That is politics over here in Hawaii. We have relatively small federal agencies. They hire a relative or friend through one of methods,

1. As a contractor, because there is no regulations on who a private business can hire.

2. Limited authority, a few of agencies have about 10 limited authority appointments. From looking at data, its amazing that five people with the same last name and related to each other got hired.

3. After they are hired through limited authority appointments, since it does not need to be advertised. If they do advertise the LA, they do a poor job of announcing it to the public to hire the person in mind. Then after about 3 month, they post a basic GS-5 position on USAJOBS to get them hired as a full-time employee. After awhile they convert them to career track after about 3 month to a GS-5 with promotion potential GS-9.

They do this because 90% of the time, the friend or relative has no education or experience for the position. Then they can now say they have the experience for the position. The reason its becoming worth, is because these leaders created a new culture with us young generation for it be more acceptable to hire friends by bypassing hiring regulations when they become a selecting official. What is disappointing about it, is HR turns a blind eye to these corrupt hiring practices.

If people are already abusing the system, like stated above. I wanted to know, can people request for relocation and reassignment during a time of crisis at a different office then originally hired at, that has a vacant position that needs to be filled.

it wasn't a compliment nor an endorsement, sonny jim
Unknown007  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:48:15 AM(UTC)
Unknown007

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)

it wasn't a compliment nor an endorsement, sonny jim

It's not a 3 way anymore, I guess you must enjoy taking it up the azz and sucking cock too. Have fun pleasuring each other guys ;)

You guys operate like these folks, harassing people for fun.

https://youtu.be/7rmvhwwiQAY

Edited by user Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:56:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ChangeWeCanBLMatter  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:51:58 AM(UTC)
ChangeWeCanBLMatter

Jealous much?

Thank you for being civil, this discussion was suppose to be about the coronavirus. For some reason Endless Summer and Mallen just love following me around to annoy me on purpose.

That is politics over here in Hawaii. We have relatively small federal agencies. They hire a relative or friend through one of methods,

1. As a contractor, because there is no regulations on who a private business can hire.

2. Limited authority, a few of agencies have about 10 limited authority appointments. From looking at data, its amazing that five people with the same last name and related to each other got hired.

3. After they are hired through limited authority appointments, since it does not need to be advertised. If they do advertise the LA, they do a poor job of announcing it to the public to hire the person in mind. Then after about 3 month, they post a basic GS-5 position on USAJOBS to get them hired as a full-time employee. After awhile they convert them to career track after about 3 month to a GS-5 with promotion potential GS-9.

They do this because 90% of the time, the friend or relative has no education or experience for the position. Then they can now say they have the experience for the position. The reason its becoming worth, is because these leaders created a new culture with us young generation for it be more acceptable to hire friends by bypassing hiring regulations when they become a selecting official. What is disappointing about it, is HR turns a blind eye to these corrupt hiring practices.

If people are already abusing the system, like stated above. I wanted to know, can people request for relocation and reassignment during a time of crisis at a different office then originally hired at, that has a vacant position that needs to be filled.

ChangeWeCanBLMatter  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 11:16:36 AM(UTC)
ChangeWeCanBLMatter

I'm retired, I don't work for anyone anymore. I do find your jealousy hilarious though:)

You guys operate like these folks, harassing people for fun.

https://youtu.be/7rmvhwwiQAY

Isn't this reportable to FraudNet, you are wasting taxpayer dollars by harassing people on a discussion forum at a government office. If you are really a government official aren't you guys suppose to be working not wasting government funds to harass folks online?

https://www.gao.gov/mobi.../what-gao-does/fraudnet/

FS0201  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 12:04:23 PM(UTC)
FS0201

Was thanked: 288 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Weren’t you going to stop posting, OP? I am not sure what your point is. Maybe the system is rigged; apply for jobs off the island and see what happens.
The excuse of, "I read it on FederalSoup..." won't work. Please do your due diligence.
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 2:19:23 PM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

This boards are also monitored by hiring authorities and jobs have been rescinded based on behavior such as yours. If you think that your email address cannot be traced back to you, you are wrong. This may be a forum but it’s not all that anonymous as you think it is.

Nonetheless, I think the whole board at this time can see your mental state and I personally can see why you were surfing fetish websites.

Please note I’ve seen worse and been called worse to my face so your remarks are a drop in the buck BUT I am slightly amused at your meltdown.

Edit: what’s wrong with a threesome?!?

Edited by user Tuesday, March 10, 2020 2:22:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 2:21:56 PM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Originally Posted by: FS0201 Go to Quoted Post
Weren’t you going to stop posting, OP? I am not sure what your point is. Maybe the system is rigged; apply for jobs off the island and see what happens.

I have a federal job already off island, but cant get the same job on island due to what I explained. Since Endless Summer, Mallen, IRS, and old fed are so offended for bringing up corrupt hiring practices which is part of the island culture. I was trying to find information on COVID-19 crisis. If you would like review what I said about the COVID-19, and provide me an answer that would be nice.

I actually gave you answer based on whether or not you’re a current employee or not. Based on the truthfulness of your prior posts. So get off the fetish websites at your local Starbucks and read.
Unknown007  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 7:11:49 PM(UTC)
Unknown007

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Good night and sweet dreams cocksuckers, I am done with this site :)
Endless Summer  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 2:40:22 AM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Is he gone yet?

Good, I give him three weeks before his resurrection with a new user name. It won't matter, he'll just be posting the same posts. Should we start a contest to see who spots him first?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed