Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BrokenWings  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 8:21:17 PM(UTC)
BrokenWings

Groups: Registered
United States

I got a letter from OWCP telling me to go to a referee appointment in next month. I am not concerned about this... my issues are:

1. Covid. There’s a crisis going on. CDC says stay home. The governor says stay home. The President says stay home... OWCP says leave home & go expose yourself. NY is a hotspot. I am over 50 and absolutely terrified to get it. There is absolutely nothing on OWCP regarding guidance (except if you get it at work as part of your job).

2. The appointment is at a location well over 150 miles away (1 way) via driving. Without stopping or traffic, it’s easily 3 hours - one way. Is this normal for comp to set an appointment that far away? Should I contact Comp about this? I can only imagine the distance is an oversight (booked it thinking “as the crow flies” not accounting for a large body of
water between me & the location. Without the Long Island Sound, the appointment location is about 75-80 miles away one way).

The only other way to the appointment by car involves an expensive ferry over the Long Island Sound or by Amtrak to NYC then I have no idea how to after that. It’s insane.
OBE17  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 6:51:21 AM(UTC)
OBE17

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Dist 2 Offices are off 7th Av in Manhattan, how are these people not furloughed?

I correspond with an IW who lives in Hawaii. OWCP refuses to pay to fly the IW to the island where the appt is! How in the world do they justify that?

I guess the IW is supposed to SWIM there!
thanks 1 user thanked OBE17 for this useful post.
BrokenWings on 3/26/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed