Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mailman617  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 4:41:15 PM(UTC)
mailman617

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MitRod6274 Go to Quoted Post
I have a certified that I sign for. Now the customer is complaining that he never got it. I should know better but I wasn’t thinking It was the last part Of the route and I was late already. They want me to go to the customer and ask him if the signature belongs to someone at the house . How bad is the situation for me? What type of consequences I have to deal with? I know I’m in deep SH@#$&*

I dont remember
postalvet  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 4:55:57 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2953 time(s) in 2344 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MitRod6274 Go to Quoted Post
I have a certified that I sign for. Now the customer is complaining that he never got it. I should know better but I wasn’t thinking It was the last part Of the route and I was late already. They want me to go to the customer and ask him if the signature belongs to someone at the house . How bad is the situation for me? What type of consequences I have to deal with? I know I’m in deep SH@#$&*

"I have a certified that I sign for."

does this mean you signed and not the customer.

was this before the new covid 19 procedure?
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
Roger.D  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 5:08:18 PM(UTC)
Roger.D

United States

Was thanked: 841 time(s) in 661 post(s)
Personally I would ask everyone to delete their comments and you do the same.
mailman617  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 6:05:05 PM(UTC)
mailman617

United States

Originally Posted by: Roger.D Go to Quoted Post

Probably the only thing I agree with him with. Too much info abs you dont know who lurks in these forums
donaldworrell  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 7:16:55 PM(UTC)
donaldworrell

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
You don't knock on any customers door during corona. That said we assume the certified was delivered to that address. Why because I am sure they pulled the gps data an it shows that house as the scan point. Most certifieds are not restricted so anybody can sign for it. Customers can complain but that usually means they are mad because they did not want the certified sign for. Seems like a unhappy customer,don't worry about it.
Your NBA  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 7:26:07 PM(UTC)
Your NBA

Was thanked: 1369 time(s) in 945 post(s)
Originally Posted by: donaldworrell Go to Quoted Post
You don't knock on any customers door during corona. That said we assume the certified was delivered to that address. Why because I am sure they pulled the gps data an it shows that house as the scan point. Most certifieds are not restricted so anybody can sign for it. Customers can complain but that usually means they are mad because they did not want the certified sign for. Seems like a unhappy customer,don't worry about it.

Forging a signature, however, is even worse than signing your name. Of course, neither is kosher.
MitRod0108  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 11:00:36 PM(UTC)
MitRod0108

Woman

Originally Posted by: mailman617 Go to Quoted Post

Probably the only thing I agree with him with. Too much info abs you dont know who lurks in these forums

I thought of that before I put the info. You think they can track me?? How they know is actually me??
Your NBA  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 3:48:35 AM(UTC)
Your NBA

Originally Posted by: MitRod0108 Go to Quoted Post

I thought of that before I put the info. You think they can track me?? How they know is actually me??

If anyone else knows the situation, it could be them posting.

This is a good time for all to be reminded to keep their mouth shut when around narcs, scabs, postal managers, and supposed law enforcement within the USPS. Too many employees make the job of the latter easy by confessing and hanging themselves. Don't trust the liars. They might tell you they won't prosecute for something if you confess or resign. Then they have another entity prosecute. It happened to a coworker.

Treat all of the above as the enemies they are.
thanks 1 user thanked Your NBA for this useful post.
MitRod0108 on 3/24/2020(UTC)
MPE2009  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 4:29:49 AM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 541 time(s) in 418 post(s)

Unless you are posting under your real name, admit to having made the post and then admit that the post is true, they cannot do anything. However wth were you thinking? You are paid to do a job and to follow procedure. That was incredibly stupid, esp if you didn't have an understanding which you can prove with the customer.
MitRod0108  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 6:12:11 AM(UTC)
MitRod0108

Woman

Originally Posted by: MPE2009 Go to Quoted Post

Unless you are posting under your real name, admit to having made the post and then admit that the post is true, they cannot do anything. However wth were you thinking? You are paid to do a job and to follow procedure. That was incredibly stupid, esp if you didn't have an understanding which you can prove with the customer.

I know what you saying and there no excuse for what I did but that was the last part of the route I was already late I played Russian roulette and I lost
Atticus  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 12:57:39 PM(UTC)
Atticus

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
So .... if I understand things correctly, the advice being given is to delete, deny and lie. Really folks? What about doing what is right and responsible, period?
baxter0  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:54:44 PM(UTC)
baxter0

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Since when did management care about certified mail? The same mail that rural carriers just leave in your mailbox with impunity.
Your NBA  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 3:07:30 PM(UTC)
Your NBA

Originally Posted by: Atticus Go to Quoted Post
So .... if I understand things correctly, the advice being given is to delete, deny and lie. Really folks? What about doing what is right and responsible, period?

It is too late for that. Now we want to help the OP prevent mgmt from getting a win. And if the OP emulates them, denying and lying would be par. And if you ever have filed a legitimate complaint with proof of mgmt lying, falsifying records, being perjurious, and oversight agencies (OIG, etc) being complicit with them, you would be happy for anyone who escapes their clutches. I view it as that little gazelle having a lion on its back and then getting away. It just gives me a warm feeling.
Atticus  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 4:34:45 PM(UTC)
Atticus

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Really NBA this is US vs THEM? NO, this is about a man's character. This is about what he does from this point forward and he is the one who has to face himself and not anyone else. Did he make a real mistake? Yes. Are there consequences to what he did. Probably. But if he did it on purpose then he needs to understand there are consequence to his actions. But there are more to his in-actions. He has one chance to set things right. I can respect a man (or woman) who does that. That kind of person deserves a second chance. Own up to it, take what ever is coming and be a better carrier for it and be proud to look yourself in the mirror.
122intheshade  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 4:38:28 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Was thanked: 590 time(s) in 474 post(s)
So, the carrier should fall on his scanner's stylus and resign?
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
mailman617  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 5:00:47 PM(UTC)
mailman617

United States

Really NBA this is US vs THEM? NO, this is about a man's character. This is about what he does from this point forward and he is the one who has to face himself and not anyone else. Did he make a real mistake? Yes. Are there consequences to what he did. Probably. But if he did it on purpose then he needs to understand there are consequence to his actions. But there are more to his in-actions. He has one chance to set things right. I can respect a man (or woman) who does that. That kind of person deserves a second chance. Own up to it, take what ever is coming and be a better carrier for it and be proud to look yourself in the mirror.

OP whatever you do dont do this.
thanks 1 user thanked mailman617 for this useful post.
Your NBA on 3/24/2020(UTC)
Roger.D  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 5:13:13 PM(UTC)
Roger.D

United States

Was thanked: 841 time(s) in 661 post(s)

OP whatever you do dont do this.

++1

The OP's msove is to evade harsh discipline. Because management could go for his job.

The take away is to never do it again.

122intheshade  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 6:23:32 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Was thanked: 590 time(s) in 474 post(s)
The memo is dated March 19. Your incident occurred on the 18th?
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
MitRod6274  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:05:31 PM(UTC)
MitRod6274

United States

Originally Posted by: 122intheshade Go to Quoted Post
The memo is dated March 19. Your incident occurred on the 18th?

Yes
Your NBA  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:09:31 PM(UTC)
Your NBA

It is ALWAYS us versus them.

Or, sadly, most of us versus them.
thanks 1 user thanked Your NBA for this useful post.
mailman617 on 3/25/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed