Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Atticus  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2020 5:52:45 PM(UTC)
Atticus

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Your NBA Go to Quoted Post
Personally, I would not sign for something. So I don't need to lie or deceive. But it is my mission to help all union employees not let mgmt get a win. Because I know a lot of sick managers who rejoice if they harm even the best, most honest workers. So I throw my lot in with the union workers over management every time.

I accept your desire to help union members (or anyone) when they are being taken advantage of. However, no one should advise people to turn a blind eye from what is the right and responsible way of doing things.
Your NBA  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2020 6:27:09 PM(UTC)
Your NBA

Was thanked: 1369 time(s) in 945 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Atticus Go to Quoted Post
Personally, I would not sign for something. So I don't need to lie or deceive. But it is my mission to help all union employees not let mgmt get a win. Because I know a lot of sick managers who rejoice if they harm even the best, most honest workers. So I throw my lot in with the union workers over management every time.

I accept your desire to help union members (or anyone) when they are being taken advantage of. However, no one should advise people to turn a blind eye from what is the right and responsible way of doing things.

It is not right and responsible to commit wrongdoing.

But we were past that when this thread started. So what is best for the OP to do now?

If you committed a crime, I guess you won't need a lawyer. You will feel so much better if you confess.

I was a secretary for over a dozen managers and was a PM. Most of those managers committed worse offenses than the OP. And I was instructed to do worse by my MPOO and a District employee. So I guess I won't think the USPS is worse off if the OP doesn't get fired. In just the last few years I know 3 managers just in my office who committed dozens of fireable offenses and a couple of felonies. The USPS covers for them and promotes them to the harm of employees and the USPS. This is not my imagination. I have the official records. If the OIG and others don't care about these things, I don't think they should care about craft wrongdoing.
thanks 2 users thanked Your NBA for this useful post.
Roger.D on 4/1/2020(UTC), postalvet on 4/1/2020(UTC)
postalvet  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2020 6:55:58 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2952 time(s) in 2343 post(s)

But we were past that when this thread started. So what is best for the OP to do now?

If you committed a crime, I guess you won't need a lawyer. You will feel so much better if you confess.

I was a secretary for over a dozen managers and was a PM. Most of those managers committed worse offenses than the OP. And I was instructed to do worse by my MPOO and a District employee. So I guess I won't think the USPS is worse off if the OP doesn't get fired. In just the last few years I know 3 managers just in my office who committed dozens of fireable offenses and a couple of felonies. The USPS covers for them and promotes them to the harm of employees and the USPS. This is not my imagination. I have the official records. If the OIG and others don't care about these things, I don't think they should care about craft wrongdoing.

i have been told the exact same thing from managers who have had to retire because they had a heart.
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
Dubs  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2020 7:56:03 PM(UTC)
Dubs

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
You are so right NBA.
Mamha  
#45 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 1:25:57 AM(UTC)
Mamha

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 10 post(s)

No one has argued that they did a good thing they are arguing what to do about said thing.
Atticus  
#46 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 1:28:55 AM(UTC)
Atticus

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Your comment about not needing a lawyer is misguided. A lawyer is there to insure a fair process ... but not to advise or condone deceitful actions by the client in order to further the client's agenda. As for management (or anyone) who commits a felony needs to be held accountable and fired. Perhaps a yearly update to the background check needs to be considered. All people need to be encouraged to do the right thing .... even the OIG and PMG.
Mamha  
#47 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 1:34:13 AM(UTC)
Mamha

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Your comment about not needing a lawyer is misguided. A lawyer is there to insure a fair process ... but not to advise or condone deceitful actions by the client in order to further the client's agenda. As for management (or anyone) who commits a felony needs to be held accountable and fired. Perhaps a yearly update to the background check needs to be considered. All people need to be encouraged to do the right thing .... even the OIG and PMG.

Lawyers do not ever advise their client to freely give information to people trying to convict them.

Edited by user Thursday, April 2, 2020 1:58:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Your NBA  
#48 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 3:35:25 AM(UTC)
Your NBA

Was thanked: 1369 time(s) in 945 post(s)
Another background check is of no use if the USPS/OIG already knows of the crimes (including postal ones) but just doesn't care.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed