Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KellenWinslow  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 2:02:15 PM(UTC)
KellenWinslow

Groups: Registered
United States

I got tentatively offered a job, and did not hear anything for a while, and then somehow totally missed the email from the security office asking me to fill in updated security information. I had contacted HR who asked me if I had heard from them and I said no. Then, I got the email saying my security questionnaire was overdue. I filled it out immediately and then they said they did not get it, since a different person emailed me the second time, not the first person I had sent it to. Finally, they said they had what they needed. They said any next steps are with HR. However, now, do I just wait, or because I had already somehow missed emails coming to my personal email account, should I email HR to find out what any next steps would be, or have they now moved on to another person they also offered the job to?? I don't want to buy the HR lady, who is teleworking like many are right now, but it seems like maybe I should????
GWPDA  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 5:55:02 PM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 510 time(s) in 427 post(s)
Go ahead and email again, making sure you're getting a receipt for both received and read. And re-set your spam folder.
KellenWinslow  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 8:34:55 PM(UTC)
KellenWinslow

United States

Thank you very much. I emailed and await any response, but found out there is some type of COVID-19 hiring freeze or pause for 30 to 60 days now.
mallen  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 9:48:00 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I bet it varies by position and agency. For example, I would expect certain positions with CDC or FDA would not be on hold as they are critically applicable to the current emergency. It may also be an issue how far along in the process. For example, I went through a six month background check and it was adjudicated favorably last month and was finally given a start date, and they said that nothing has changed due to the national emergency. My job BTW is not in any way related to the pandemic so it's not like they are moving forward for that reason.

Edited by user Thursday, March 26, 2020 9:55:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FrankJr  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 4:55:50 PM(UTC)
FrankJr

United States

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KellenWinslow Go to Quoted Post
I got tentatively offered a job, and did not hear anything for a while, and then somehow totally missed the email from the security office asking me to fill in updated security information. I had contacted HR who asked me if I had heard from them and I said no. Then, I got the email saying my security questionnaire was overdue. I filled it out immediately and then they said they did not get it, since a different person emailed me the second time, not the first person I had sent it to. Finally, they said they had what they needed. They said any next steps are with HR. However, now, do I just wait, or because I had already somehow missed emails coming to my personal email account, should I email HR to find out what any next steps would be, or have they now moved on to another person they also offered the job to?? I don't want to buy the HR lady, who is teleworking like many are right now, but it seems like maybe I should????

HR doesn't do security & security doesn't do HR. They said they had what they needed and now you wait. The process is don't call us, we'll call you process. The timeline could be days or weeks or months or...

Keep applying.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed