Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Employees: You be the Judge

Get real-life reviews of key court cases involving federal employees. Share your opinion on the outcomes of these cases, or participate in other discussions about workplace issues that may impact your job.

Be civil when debating with others in the forum. Uncivil remarks toward any other forum member is prohibited on FederalSoup and should be reported immediately.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Endless Summer  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 1:47:50 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 260 time(s) in 222 post(s)
In a nutshell, here's my situation.

I PCS'd OCONUS three months ago to a DoD position. The job and the command/supervisor was not a good fit. Was transferred to a different dept and supervisor. Current sup is pleased with my performance and wants me to stay but the bell has been rung for me and I can't remain.

The Transportation Agreement I signed stipulates that this is a 36 month tour and that I must remain in the government service for at least 12 months from EOD or be liable to repay all PCS costs.

I'm accepting another fed position stateside. My local CPAC tells me that their policy is that I must remain in my OCONUS position for 12 months, or repay all PCS costs. This is not what the JTR or my Transportation Agreement states, but they insist that's what it means.

I can pay the PCS and seek compensation later, but I'd prefer to get this in front of someone who might understand the law or at least the English language. I'm DoD, so there isn't a Union to go to. I am not talking about my PCS costs back to CONUS, but the costs to bring me here.

What options are available to me? I'd like to get a ruling on this before I have to pay it, and I'd like to avoid going the lawyer path.
GWPDA  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2020 7:58:01 PM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 553 time(s) in 451 post(s)
Get your gaining CPAC to explain the facts to the losing CPAC. Generally, your transportation agreement is applicable for an agency, not a particular office.
Endless Summer  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2020 1:50:52 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Was thanked: 260 time(s) in 222 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GWPDA Go to Quoted Post
Get your gaining CPAC to explain the facts to the losing CPAC. Generally, your transportation agreement is applicable for an agency, not a particular office.

Thanks, I'll do that. It might complicate things further that I'm going from DoD to another agency. We'll see
Rss Feed  Atom Feed