Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Financial Discussion

It is always wise to have a secure financial foundation. Here is a place to ask questions, exchange ideas and share information on how to make the most of your money.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DoD_Enemigo  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 10:29:41 AM(UTC)
DoD_Enemigo

Groups: Registered

Hello all, I'm currently in Germany as a GG12 Step 00 (2 steps above DC locality, in essence a GG12 step 12). I was a GG13 step 8 prior to this OCONUS assignment. I have return rights to my GG13 step 8 position. Now, I applied for and was selected for another position in south FL. I received the initial offer and is being given a GG13 Step 8. Now, it is my understanding that I should have been accumulating my WGI as if i never left the US position. My last WGI was in July 2014. I believe i should be offered GG13 step 10 based on the 2 step rule and the fact i had return rights correct? Any help is appreciated.

ex-military  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 3:24:16 AM(UTC)
ex-military

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DoD_Enemigo Go to Quoted Post
Hello all, I'm currently in Germany as a GG12 Step 00 (2 steps above DC locality, in essence a GG12 step 12). I was a GG13 step 8 prior to this OCONUS assignment. I have return rights to my GG13 step 8 position. Now, I applied for and was selected for another position in south FL. I received the initial offer and is being given a GG13 Step 8. Now, it is my understanding that I should have been accumulating my WGI as if i never left the US position. My last WGI was in July 2014. I believe i should be offered GG13 step 10 based on the 2 step rule and the fact i had return rights correct? Any help is appreciated.

Not sure how the two-step rule applies to WGI. Two-step refers to promotions. WGI refers to tenure.
bp340  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 12:11:54 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ex-military Go to Quoted Post

Not sure how the two-step rule applies to WGI. Two-step refers to promotions. WGI refers to tenure.

Unless there is some special provision for GG grades there is no chance to accrue WG time while occupying a different grade. The two step promotion rule could in theory give you a bump to 13/9 or 13/10 but would need to look at the numbers first.
frankgonzalez  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 2:53:43 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 1044 time(s) in 830 post(s)

As I re-read this, I realized a misunderstanding here. If you exercise your return rights, you are placed as if you had never left, to include any WGIs you would have received had you not left. HOWEVER...you are not exercising return rights...so that rule goes out the window. You applied for and accepted another position altogether, so they may simply offer to match your salary at the GG13 step 8 level as that is your previous rate. As you keep using GG, this would tell me you are currently excepted service and going to excepted service, so some different rules do apply.

HR gurus?

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
Rss Feed  Atom Feed